5 Favorite Features from GR:AW PC

NYR_32

• 2 weeks later...

Features in GRAW I'd like to see return:

1) Better graphics than [GR]

2) Ability to outfit weapons with accessories (silencer, grips, sights, etc).

3) Larger map sizes than [GR]

4) Has it ever been shown that GRAW supports multi-core CPU's? If so, that's a definite hold-over

5) Well, the insertions and extractions in GRAW are still pretty scripted so I'll say I'd like to see Next Gen GR have fully interactive insertions and extractions. Let me slip on the zipline and drop 50 feet, etc.

Edit - I was an idiot and mis-read the title of this thread. :)

-jk

Callsign 3Point

Compared with [GR], I'd like to see these GRAW additions in the next GR: :)

1) Weapon in view

2) Outfit options for weapons (silencer, GL, front grip, scopes etc)

3) Recoil for weapons

4) Large detailed maps

5) Smoke grenades (even if I rarely use'em)

...and these are the top 5 GRAW features I absolutely don't want to see in next GR :nono:

1) The horribel wound model, the lack of proper immediate effect when hit, i.e., to little viewspin etc)

2) The absence of noticable permanent effect of being injured (limp, bad aim etc)

3) Only 2 insertion zones in MP (t vs t)

4) MP and SP maps not avaliable for all MP game modes

5) General lack of gameplay options in the server admin control (turn off friendly markers, realism settings etc etc (Note [GR] had an 'arcade setting' and friendly markers were both server- and client side controlled)

- I like the fact that the cross com view through the eyes of your teammates is done through full screen....the one in the console versions was more cosmetic than functional.

- the tactical map view with its real time footage of the action was also a big step up from the ones in the console version

-the weapon onscreen view was also a great addition.

will add more soon..

Some things have been mentioned already, and are valid points.

1. Better graphics. (add- less intensive hardware demands if not available.)

2. Modifiable weapons systems. (add- ability to add weapon systems freely.)

3. Cross-com and UAV capabilities. You can use them if you want to, but its not a requirement. (add- a player position just for intel who can watch the map and UAV to relay real time info to boots on the ground, maybe even affect an air strike when called in. and be able to turn ths option off if not wanted or needed, in the server setup.)

4. The fact that teamwork is not necessary but if you want to live, you need to use your team (SP) or work together (MP) to live. Otherwise have fun restarting over and over.

5. The real time feel of Advanced Warfighter. [GR] never gave me the feeling that I was actually there however it was an awesome game everytime, even the quick restarts because someone was fragged right off. In AW, the game or mission might not be super realistic but the atmosphere is very emmersive. Try to capture this again please.

SN6

Kind of a rehash:

1) Cross com

2) Real time map view. I set the c4 on the radio tower, skeedaddled into the building and then watched it blow on the map. Great fun.

3) Weapon in view

4) Infil and exfil. Very cool and better than how most of the [GR] missions started.

5) Enemy that try to outflank you.

and please make it obvious and make it concussive when you get shot.

This is a very important topic for future GR releases :thumbsup: --

1) The superb and tactical AI that is self preserving and react differently every time we replay. I love the way they can be suppressed and also try to supress us. This feature is absolutely necessary for a true tactical shooter. They ty to flank and also fool the player by moving to a different spot, emerging from a different edge etc.. To me, the AI is the biggest plus in Graw pc.

2) The quick command system using the cross-com and the ability to order Ghosts to 'cover' a specific area. The whole command system using the tac map and the cross-com, is superbly done and a clear value addition.

3) The first person weapon view- This is a much wanted feature by many GR fans and is very well done. The addition of this feature is a very big plus for me.

4) Weapon customization- Another much anticipated feature which had added a lot of value to the series.

5) Physics and effects - Though this is as a result of technology improving, nevertheless, I love the addition of physics and effects, especially bullet and weapon effects, in Graw.

6) Weapon and bullet hit sounds are very well done in Graw.

In no specific order:

Keep the lack of notification of enemy death, much more immersive this way.

Enemy “hit†animations, when coupled with the above very suspenseful. (extended it to player character and major result)

AI reaction to suppressive fire, gives the MG a real tactical role within a squad.

Multiple kit slots plus full customization of weapons

First person weapon view with zoom an all or nothing affair and no crawling whilst zoomed.

That’s sort of 5 if you don’t count too hard NYR :whistle: and you know I have trouble with numbers mate :thumbsup:

1.) on-screen quick orders menu thru CrossCom

2.) CrossCom itself... much potential there for the future

3.) research- most equipment in the game is really on the table for the near future- improved body armor, SCAR series of weapons for SF, etc. Didn't go overboard with every weapon ever seen in the pages of Guns & Ammo magazine...

4.) effect of running on accuracy/spread

5.) sound and visual FX... GREAT!

There are a few more, but I thought these were the real sticking points that have kept me on board this long and WILL keep me around for a long time to come...

• 4 weeks later...

1. The weapons and its attachments, also aiming down the sight.

2. The story and way it was told with those little updates on the upper end of the screen

3. The location (Mexico City, battling on empty streets. The embassy mission was simply amazing with the location)

4. The animations (The way your mates move..smooth. Watching them reloading their rifle was always a pleasure)

5. The details (kicking around bricks with your feet, when something explodes stuff near by gets also wrecked, your teammates clean their glasses from time to time and seeing your body when you look down)

I would like to see things like that again in the next GR, besides some more new entertaining stuff.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see the following return:

1) Sliding and diving - liked this a lot and it didnt make the game feel arcadey like I thought it would.

2) First person weapon view.

3) AI snipers that can actually snipe long distance :thumbsup::o= - Jack Stone etc were useless at this in [GR].

4) The ability to pick up ammo - especially if the missions are going to be so long.

5) The ability to (well at least try to) tell your teamates to attack a target - e.g. telling clicking the red diamond and choosing attack so that the next time the enemy pops his head out the sniper takes him out :thumbsup:

I've said it about the last 6 months but I'll harp on this since a BDA member on TS said something I've said for months as well.

1.) game net code. I'm tired of getting a bead on someone when they are running in my general location when their animation is running on my screen only to be shot dead. while they are in full sprint. it has to be net coding as my d-link gaming router gives me a ping in the 50's -70 and i still see an running animation as i get killed by this person.