No editor on release day?

From Ubi French site. Translated from French to English. I have no idea who is asking the questions or who is answering them.

Q: I am sure that you are thinking about developing a SDK for GRAW. Will it be directly implemented in the game or will we have to download it from the official site?

It will not be directly implemented in the game. A map editor should be released soon after the release of the game.

:o

Je suis sûr que vous pensez à développer un SDK pour GRAW. Sera-t-il directement implémenté dans le jeu ou faudra-t-il le télécharger sur le site officiel ?

Il ne sera pas directement implémenté dans le jeu. Un éditeur de map devrait voir le jour rapidement après la sortie du jeu.

Now that Ubi is talking about the editor, can GRIN do the same and confirm that there will not be an editor with the game on release day. Because I thought that the editor was included with the game!? Did that change??

If yes then the next logical questions would be; when will it be released? Will it be released with the expansion pack, or before?

:unsure:

Bo has stated that they will be adding to the multiplayer and mod side of things after release. This of course is contingent on the success of the game. For that reason, I would suggest purchasing the game on release day to help make it a success so we can get all the extra stuff we want from GRIN. :grin1:

Bo has stated that they will be adding to the multiplayer and mod side of things after release. This of course is contingent on the success of the game. For that reason, I would suggest purchasing the game on release day to help make it a success so we can get all the extra stuff we want from GRIN.  :grin1:

I totally agree! :devil:

Absolutely, but he also said that there would be a map editor right out of the box with AW. Not after.

:whistle:

I recall reading this as well. I just can't find it. What would be better than speculating would be to ask Bo.

Bo, please tell us again whether or not GR:AW will have an editor (modding tool) in the box.

This means so much to us obviously, especially to the huge CO-OP portion of the GR community.

silent_op

Absolutely, but he also said that there would be a map editor right out of the box with AW. Not after.

:whistle:

I recall reading this as well. I just can't find it. What would be better than speculating would be to ask Bo.

Bo, please tell us again whether or not GR:AW will have an editor (modding tool) in the box.

This means so much to us obviously, especially to the huge CO-OP portion of the GR community.

silent_op

The editor is a thing we will keep updating as we go and as need arises from the community. The first step will come just a few weeks after the release when we give you the first version of it. It is the same as we use in development and thus needs to be made more user friendly before release. Right up until now it has been worked with and on so it wont be in the box from scratch. I trust the modders to be online though and able to download it pretty fast - you don't have to wait long at all - you won't have completed the game until we hit you with it.

The editor is a thing we will keep updating as we go and as need arises from the community. The first step will come just a few weeks after the release when we give you the first version of it. It is the same as we use in development and thus needs to be made more user friendly before release. Right up until now it has been worked with and on so it wont be in the box from scratch. I trust the modders to be online though and able to download it pretty fast - you don't have to wait long at all - you won't have completed the game until we hit you with it.

- Bo, can you comment on whether or not the first release version of the editor will allow modders to increase the CO-OP player number?

silent_op

- Bo, can you comment on whether or not the first release version of the editor will allow modders to increase the CO-OP player number?

silent_op

I sure hope so.

silent_op

I sure hope so.

Thanks Bo. As you can already tell we all have or fingers crossed. :fingersx:

Go GRIN...GO...

silent_op

So, in other words, we need to savor the flavor before we change the recipe................Gotcha....... :grin1:

Fresh

Yeah. I think you need to learn and master the tactics. Well you get so see in the demo I guess....

Ooops :)

You are Bad :nono: Its a good job you didnt let any thing else drop, MP SP

So, in other words, we need to savor the flavor before we change the recipe................Gotcha....... :grin1:

Fresh

Yeah. I think you need to learn and master the tactics. Well you get so see in the demo I guess....

:santa: Thought I was the only one to catch it he did say the D word :santa:

Fresh

:santa: Thought I was the only one to catch it he did say the D word :santa:

Where is ZJJ when you need her?

The first step will come just a few weeks after the release when we give you the first version of it. It is the same as we use in development and thus needs to be made more user friendly before release.

Leaving it as is would be great.

It would be dissapointing to find a dumbed-down version of the editor without the special features.

Makes sense to delay, let everyone warm up to the game and get used to maps etc (flood the forums with stories and comments/questions).

Then when we starve for mods the timing will be perfect :D

I wonder who will be the lucky & fast / clever modder that gets to christen the site/game with the very first mod for GRAW ... surely that should have an award for the persons sig?

Who was the first for gr1?

Slightly off topic .. sry.

:grin1:

Makes sense to delay, let everyone warm up to the game and get used to maps etc (flood the forums with stories and comments/questions).

Then when we starve for mods the timing will be perfect  :D

I wonder who will be the lucky & fast / clever modder that gets to christen the site/game with the very first mod for GRAW ...

I hope one of our talented modders here mods up the CO-OP number fast. With 4 player CO-OP, I don't think my group or I will be doing very much GR:AW CO-OP. :tumbleweed:

I trust you Bo and GRINs. It's just that this 4 player CO-OP thing just really...well you know already.

silent_op

Then when we starve for mods the timing will be perfect  :D

I wonder who will be the lucky & fast / clever modder that gets to christen the site/game with the very first mod for GRAW ... surely that should have an award for the persons sig?

Fastest doesnt always mean best..WOI and Frostbite didnt take a day.

Who was the first for gr1?

Turn every char red and blue with dog barking footsteps?