Rockall

Tinker

anyone having problem launching on a Window7 32-bit?

i could have sworn it was working a while ago

UPDATE: I restarted my PC and it worked

M1, I found a spot where the two pilot got stuck while following my teammates

screenshot1ux.jpg

couldn't budge them free. I may have to take them by the hands :whistle:

intense beginning Tinker :thumbsup:

Hi Led

Cheers for that. Just a note that is the first of a bunch of extra missions that where not really meant for SP. The main campaign missions can be found under the campaign menu. These have been rebuilt for SP, if that is what you are after?

RK C Campaign missions - SP/coop

RK D is a special defend type mission - coop

RK M are extra missions - coop

RK MP small multiplayer maps that do have a mission - coop

RK Z visit 2 zones and extract - coop

Though most missions should play SP, jusy may seem a bit hard as they have been tweaked for coop only.

np mate, I think it was my card, after I rebooted, everything is working well. As you have guessed I picked the mission and not went with campaign.

got disturbed last night <_< and couldn't continue on with the mission.

plus, have shake the cobwebs and get re-acquainted with the controls. :whistle:

So I have fired up Rockall tryin some of the missions SP and am loving the look and feel. Here are some of the screens I took:

ScreenShot47.jpg

ScreenShot50.jpg

ScreenShot49.jpg

The new sounds are pretty cool. I kept thinkin I had someone on teamspeak talking to me which creeped me out a little. I liked the kits and sounds of the weapons. Missions are tough and I have yet to complete one lol. Anyways just wanted to say thank you for a another quality effort!!

7 Missions in now, I was right, this is awesome. Sound and graphics are super. Maps are incredible. The missions are so well structured that, even if I forget the briefing notes, I can figure out what I need to do intuitively. I've been stuck a few times, and was tempted to say "oh, there's a bug here", but then thought "wait, I'm probably doing something stupid, let's see if there's a smart, inventive way to complete my objectives". And sure enough there was. Being restricted almost entirely to 7.62 makes things interesting, I'm used to rapid single fire on the M16 (old school) but now I have to pick my shots one by one. I recognize a bunch of these maps from previous mods, but the finishing touches and use of the terrain in scripted troop movements elevates the whole package to something entirely different. This is in the same league as Frostbite, Centcom, YOTM (did Canadian Operatives have new maps? I forget. If it had at least 2 new maps then I'm putting it in the league too, 'cause I'm a raging Canuck).

Thumper's 7.62 mod is really superb, plus it's nice to have to keep an eye on your mag because most of the weapons hold only 20 rounds.

A lot of CQB too, of course, so you better go with full auto.

This mod inspired me to write two short stories :thumbsup:

Doube post FTW lol :rofl:

-EDIT-

In mission 11, I am supposed to take control of the castle. What does it mean :blink: ? Do I have to kill all ememies to achieve that?

That's the only objective I haven't completed in this mission.

Edited by Operative

In mission 11, I am supposed to take control of the castle. What does it mean :blink: ? Do I have to kill all ememies to achieve that?

That's the only objective I haven't completed in this mission.

The objective should complete when there are 5 or less enemy remaining.

There are some underground tunnels you may of missed? Barricades can be destroyed with demo or grenades.

No real issues reported so far, though a few small things have been sorted. Will release a patch for Rockall next weekend to cover all. (Details will be in the first post.)

mp_06 plaza - some people are reporting strange sounds playing all over the map, but not in the Z version.

Ok I am stuck on mission 5. For some reason I am not allowed to kill any enemies. Dont mean to be picky but that should have been stated in the briefing or at the start of the mission. And why the 20 second wait to say mission failed when I shoot someone. Don't get me wrong I think the Mod is great but this is just annoying.

Well here's my problem. I cant get the informant out. As soon as I enter the hut, a guard automatically runs to the front door and waits. Then the other guard on the continous patrol re-enters the hut and shoots me.

One other problem. None of the objectives on mission 2 are labelled on the command map. Just makes things a little bit more confusing than they have to be.

Edited by BS PALADIN

<_<

Mission 02 objectives:

demo radio tower

check computers

secure compound

You can see the compound and the radio tower from all over the map, you really think it needs labelling? Also consider that you just cleared most of the perimeter and the AA station several hours earlier on the previous mission.

Mission 05 briefing starts off with Weapon status - RED. It is the only mission that has that, all the other are status green or yellow. I assumed all would know what weapons red meant, but can happily expand on it in the patch I am about to release, np at all.

Several people played the mission SP a few times with no issue, Mission is the same in coop too, and we have never had an issue with it either. Maybe someone on the outside saw you before you went in apart from the guard? I am sure if you are standing the guard hears you and turns your way, though I know we have ran in and out at full speed before and been fine.

20 second wait - You may notice the new sound files playing, some are mobile phone ringtones. That mission simulates that the enemy are in regular contact with each other all the time. It was originally 60 seconds and message that a guard has been reported missing..

Np, had another guy play a mission and the AI did not see him at all. Managed to run around the map and complete all objectives, lol. After a restart it fixed itself. :wacko:

I shall add some markers in M-02, np. Less harm to add them as to not have them.

Appreciate the comments.

:thumbsup:

Np, had another guy play a mission and the AI did not see him at all. Managed to run around the map and complete all objectives, lol. After a restart it fixed itself. :wacko:

That was me, it was mission 11 Castle day but after restarting that mission it played ok.

I've since finished the campaign and had no more problems, plus I didn't have any problems understanding that mission 05 was a stealth mission after seeing the "Weapon status - RED" in the briefing.

All in all it was a great mission, I hardly played GR before but this was had me hooked from the start.

Another problem. On mission 6 ( Airport day ) ive cleared the HQ and airport ( got the objectives completed ), taken out 3 tanks and killed everyone on the map but the take out armour objective hasn't been given. Where are the other tanks to take out.

It is 1 APC that leaves the map to the north east, then returns in the north west. However, this issue has been fixed in the patch I shall release Sunday all going well.

Basicall most of the vehicles use the same routes at some point, so I had to set up a load of triggers and flags to ensure none of them ever collided. This issue seems to only happen depending on which vehicles you kill first. We played it dozens of times and it only ever happend 2 or 3 times. SP and Coop version have been corrected though now.

A real small chance of this bug happening, and it went and happened to you. :P Sry, you will need to run autowin in the console. It is just the 1 APC you are missing.

Applied the other changes you mentioned previous also.

Great mod. Especially love the industrial map and mission. Now that feels like GR. Actually feels like GR on a OFP map. Really enjoyed it. One thing though, how are you supposed to get the intel? The door is shut and I have no idea how to open it.

Edited by BS PALADIN