Ghost Recon.net Forums

:thumbsup: Congratulations and a big well done to Tinker for keeping this alive, and also a big thank you to all who contributed and tested. Im just sorry RL took me away from this when it was only half way done.

Well done :thumbsup:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my God is the little one, but I like the mod

The Rockall map was based on the land mass under the sea that the rock jutts up from. 

I remember you drew the outline of Rockall used in the mod.

I've been playing GR regularly (obsessively?) since before the original game release (the itsy bitsy castle map demo). Why does it still hold my interest? Two equally important reasons: 1) superb open gameplay mechanics (with some help from the HX mission mod) mean that every replay is a challenge, and 2) the AWESOME modder community means that I rarely need to play the same mission twice, or even the same map.

I've never had occasion to doubt the skill, dedication, and perhaps most importantly, the generosity of the GR innovators and artists who have given so much to the GR (and specifically GR.net) community over the last ten years. Haven't played this mod yet (preview looks mind-blowingly good), but the fact that it even exists at all tells me all I need to know about the persevering GR scene. Thanks for being awesome.

Anyone completed campaign mission 1 yet? Loved the map, night ops are great. Great insertion and bumpy right outta there!

I've been playing GR regularly (obsessively?) since before the original game release (the itsy bitsy castle map demo). Why does it still hold my interest? Two equally important reasons: 1) superb open gameplay mechanics (with some help from the HX mission mod) mean that every replay is a challenge, and 2) the AWESOME modder community means that I rarely need to play the same mission twice, or even the same map.

I've never had occasion to doubt the skill, dedication, and perhaps most importantly, the generosity of the GR innovators and artists who have given so much to the GR (and specifically GR.net) community over the last ten years. Haven't played this mod yet (preview looks mind-blowingly good), but the fact that it even exists at all tells me all I need to know about the persevering GR scene. Thanks for being awesome.

^ Agreed, well said.

Hats off to Tinker and the rest of the development crew!

This is a really good mod peeps, been playing the BETA with Tinker and the 9MS team for a short while.

You will encounter many suprises while playing this mod.

and, OH........this mod is no pushover, so bring your best gaming skills!

Best Regards,

Edited by FNG Saker

Congrats to Tinker et al and many many thanks for creating yet another gem of a mod for our favorite game! :thumbsup:

News of the release got me to come out of the woodwork (a.k.a. relentless RL work obligations) and give it a spin. Looks great! Wish I had the spare time for some serious GR action, but alas... couldn't even find the time to finish the Heroes Unleashed update, yet. Anyhow, I just did a Mac conversion of Rockall and uploaded it. Download link here.

@ Apex, thanks I will add that to the archive

@ Tinker, Mission 2, Radio Tower and Computer Intel. Did you hide a PC anywhere sneaky, can't seem to close out the PC intel....:ph34r:

Big thnx Apex, can you PM me what you did, I tried to get most of it in place. I know a few textures had a space in the filnames still, but would be nice to know what else, probably a lot, was needed.

Rocky, there are 2 PC`s in 1 room downstairs real close to each other, they seem to be the culprit for this issue with others in the past. approach both.

My pleasure, Tinker.

As for the Mac conversion: Spaces in file/folder names don't matter, but name length is limited to 31 characters (incl. extension). You can actually just trim the beginning of a file name to 31 characters total to make it work (watch out for duplicates, though).

Then there's texture bit-depth. Some alpha bit-depths lead to distorted display. As a rule of thumb, just save all textures at max/32-bit depth.

Lastly, there's sound and video files. Sound files can be .wav but this may result in strange sound volume behavior when mixed with GR Mac's .aif files. Sound effects should be .aif in Linear PCM, 16-bit, 1 channel, 22050 Hz. Music can be 2 channels. Videos - where applicable - would have to be in .mov container with any native Mac video/audio encoding e.g. MP4 Video/Audio, H264, AAC etc.

Holly Smoke! Looks amazing, and smartly written stinger news post too! After trying out the new OFP where every fifth word isn't swearing in a relentless narrative that's a non-stop ghetto version of civics and global politics lesson, in one of the worst depictions of the U.S.M.C. I ever hope to encounter; Rockall is exactly what I needed in the way of a breath of the rare air of professionally depicted elite Operators, on heroic missions, in exoitic settings. Codemasters have nothing up on good old 2nd gen RSE and you Mister Tinker!

:thumbsup:

Edited by 101459

Back at house, only did some stock missions. Nice reskins on the russian soldiers. Will start your missions now. Have to lunch, lol

EDIT:

Finished mission 1 and started mission 2. Really nice and not that heavy (so low end computers can run it, I presume).

I only don't understand why in mission 2 the AA are still there. Are they built in map? Anyway, thats forgetable :thumbsup:

Nice selection of weapons on the OPFOR too (HK Assault), really different from what we are used to see in their hands.

Edited by Operative
I only don't understand why in mission 2 the AA are still there. Are they built in map?

Mission 01 is around midnight, you mark the AA units and do the other objective, then leave the map. You return in the morning to hit the main compound, our Allies take out the AA untis from afar just before we insert, and bombard the area to force any perimeter enemy back into the central compound.

They should of been smoking to resemble only been blown up just before you inserted. Happen to have some better damaged models I will make as a vehicle for a future patch for this mission.

Only just seen Rocky's post on the front page about this. And just watched the video.

Just to say that your work looks amazing and a big congrats to all involved. Will have a go with this next week once I'm set up.

Yes the main menu piccys here in the topic were not updated, glad to see you notice that. Wombat created those, and also supplied a lot of help in other texturing departments.

Already have small list of things to deal with for the mod. (Actually all fixed already) I shall start to list them in the first post tomorrow, and do an update in a few weeks. Is amazing at how long you can try to make a mod complete, to find it is not. However no CTD at all so far, the best news.

I'm already (or yet?) at mission 8.

I loved the stealth missions, no killing allowed and such. It's really challenging. Like I have to enter buildings, take cover behind windows, just to not be spotted.

EDIT

I got past mission 8 and 9.

Took a break for now, I'm playing some other mods and messing some with MilkShape 3D, will resume the campaign then.

Edited by Operative