Ghost Recon.net Forums

Tinker, thank you for answer :) Good to know, that mod is still in progress.

Yap, i know that not many people play in old GR, but there are still groups of people who love this game and still plaing in it ;)

I can not wait to see the effect your work.

cheers ;)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my God is the little one, but I like the mod

The Rockall map was based on the land mass under the sea that the rock jutts up from. 

I remember you drew the outline of Rockall used in the mod.

As an experiment, this map, the barracks, has been completely mirrored on the X line for the day version. Plus mirrored on the Z line for the night version. Confused? Even recreated the campaign mission on both these mirrored versions. All containing random patrols and events, makes this map the ultimate in this mod. Includes random insertion also...

rk_2_03.jpg

As an experiment, this map, the barracks, has been completely mirrored on the X line for the day version. Plus mirrored on the Z line for the night version. Confused? Even recreated the campaign mission on both these mirrored versions. All containing random patrols and events, makes this map the ultimate in this mod. Includes random insertion also...

This sounds a bit like the randomly generated tile-based terrain system that I proposed for Blackfoot Studio's in-development Ground Branch game. I imagined a system of hexagon-shaped tiles, each supplied with its own range of terrain features, and vegetation. The game would semi-randomly select from a range of tiles, semi-randomly rotate their faces, select them so that terrain elevations and their features would seamlessly match, and then spawn the AI and player. The local AI (which could very well include civilians), would hopefully be able to read terrain, measure the value of concealment and cover, and, most importantly, know that certain structures and features were of prime importance. Their bot spawning/pathing/camping routines would be based on these variables, and thus be kept randomized, yet "smart."

All of this would force the player to exercise well thought out tactics, because the player could never memorize spawn points and terrain/building placements and orientations.

There's more on this here: Randomized hex-tile system thread, although there's more said about my suggestions above and below this posting (I got some high praises from those who read it). :)

I am VERY eager to maneuver and negotiate on your variable-axis map. Can't wait!

:D

Edited by Kyle_K_ski

That`s an extensive read, but kudos for the obviously very well thought out intent. :thumbsup:

The tiling option would be something else indeed. :D Future gaming will be all over something like that. Personnely I love any and all kinds of randomness.

• 2 weeks later...

New map added, adapted from a blood oil map. Very small trainyard, very tight, and dangerous.

ry_t.jpg

Just starting to test the campaign in SP, probably few things to work on. Very little to do on the map side.

Really close to a release here.

:)

I would be confused if you said that you mirrored the map in the Y axis :rofl:

Looking great Tinker :thumbsup:

Bravo, Tink and crew, for all the work done on this mod! :) Can't spend the time to play ANY GR at the moment, but come summer... Again, thanks for making these mods; stellar!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CONGRATULATIONS TO TINKER AND ALL ROCKALL CONTRIBUTORS!!!

I don't care if it's midnight, my eyes are dry and I'm tired, I'm installing this right now and playing the first mission!

Download available in first post. :thumbsup:

Really big thnx to everyone out there for creating this mod. Something different that spawned from a simple picture 1 day.

Besh wishes to all, hope everything goes ok, always here on standby for anything needed.