TEST01 London with 1.05 patch spotted tonight

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those of you still interested should take this as an encouraging sign. I would.

Compare to GRAW 1.35, where the patch went from BETA to release in less time than this topic has been up, and it failed to fix half of the stuff it was advertised to fix (GL bug, anyone, or how about the invisible grenade sump, or the undead helicopter?), failed to fix the problems it created when they were identified in BETA (try the missing texture in [GR] COOP map John Doe's Hellhole), and went quickly to distribution.

The fact that this patch is taking a while coming out should be taken as a sign that MAYBE this time it'll get a little TLC before it gets sent out.

Those of you still interested should take this as an encouraging sign. I would.

Compare to GRAW 1.35, where the patch went from BETA to release in less time than this topic has been up, and it failed to fix half of the stuff it was advertised to fix (GL bug, anyone, or how about the invisible grenade sump, or the undead helicopter?), failed to fix the problems it created when they were identified in BETA (try the missing texture in [GR] COOP map John Doe's Hellhole), and went quickly to distribution.

The fact that this patch is taking a while coming out should be taken as a sign that MAYBE this time it'll get a little TLC before it gets sent out.

1.35 in GRAW 1 did fix the GL crash to desktop issue. It took a while for this patch. The previous one that introduced the bug though did not.

More content would be cool.

IIRC, the Vegas community waitied months for a new patch. Eventually it was released and it still didn't resurrect the game or the community. I really hope it's not the same with GRAW2 but then again I wouldn't be surprised if it is :rolleyes:

But my copy is still sat on the bookcase waiting to be reinstalled in case UBI break from tradition and actually produce a worth-while patch.

Alot of us play this game every night.Its still fun.Its still great to go against your favorite nemeses.I have to admit I can put alittle recon into it if I choose.Those who arent playing are using the wait for the patch to play.All likley hood when it comes out you wont play anyway.Will the patch save the game.In all likley hood,probably not.Unless its like a hudge Orgasm or something like that ,a.LOL.Come play again.No excuses.Dont blame.Patch might not even come.It might come out as a expansion.DOH.that would make to much sense.

1.35 in GRAW 1 did fix the GL crash to desktop issue. It took a while for this patch. The previous one that introduced the bug though did not.

More content would be cool.

Hmm. Thought I'd seen it pop up since then in v1.35. My bad. Still left us with more problems than it solved, though, and a new gametype with only 3 maps and a supposedly (I couldn't even get it to open anything to begin with, so who knows) cumbersome map editor.

Anyhow, the point is that I found v1.35 to be disappointing, and think if GRIN (questionably at Ubishaft's direction) do things differently this time, it would favor the players.

mwgfghost I am quoting Papa6's comment.

"In order for a game to be labelled "Tactical" they should be tested by actual military soldiers in beta testing then, be confirmed as "tactical"."

Don't see why do you? Any game can be tactical even if it doesn't have the tools. In the end, who is the tactition in the game? You are, the player. Every move you make, in any game, is a tactic, be it a good one or a bad one.

GRIN_Wolfsong yep I enjoyed Rogue Spear but at the time I had no internet connection, and as you know the game started to fall to the dark side after that. SWAT 4 introduced me to the internet and team play. I count myself lucky it was that game. I co founded a clan and have played it since. 2 year anniversary is this month :) but all games lose their appeal at some point so the clan is now looking for a new home. We have tried BF, AA, armA but none have the same qualities. GRAW 2 has the ability but needs the fine tuning that I hope you/someone is working on now. GRAW 1 though has the majority of what we want but only 3 members have the game, 8 members have GRAW 2 but wont play it as much due to the bugs. Especially in [GR], one hit kills from beyond the players view distance. The 180 turn and kill and the non reaction from AI teams if one of them is killed. All AI problems. The first person view feels zoomed a little making it awkward to turn on stairwells. The tracking through buildings of the AI, you know, when your trying to flank them but they track your movement even if a building is hiding you. Most of the time it doesn't feel that we are the ones that are the more advance soldier. It's like the AI have been given a secret super soldier drug to enhance their senses and merely laugh at us as they gun us down lol

Can't knock you for the layout of the game it is very very good. The maps are all excellent, the weapons too. With patches it will become better I hope. Just tap the boss and ask him for the ok to tell us whats happening :)

SWAT 3, I was wondering about it but thought a step back in game version wouldn't be a good idea. I have heard it to be very good but good in "not as good as 4" or just the same, or better?

Jack

Edited by ARUJackal

I take it you still play Pong? or donkey kong then on a daily basis? :o:D Remember, answering yes could lower your street cred lol

Not literally "you" but in a whoever made it come to life way. Maybe I should examine my every word before posting from now on.... :ermm: I guess "I can't knock the makers for the layout of the game as it is very very good." Is what I should of said.

:thumbsup:

Jack

How can you say a game can only be named "Tactical" if the army are involved? Tactical means planning and ability to change that plan on the fly. Which all the Ghost recon games can do. One of the first games you could actually pull up the combat map (satallite view) and place your team where you like. The ability to the give orders, cover, attack, reform, they are all tactical moves.

Like someone said earlier in this thread there are not many games out there to choose from that have this type of COOP [GR]. Yeah you can play BF2 but take a step back and watch and you will soon see its a free for all on the servers. Unless your in a clan game there is no tactics in play there. Run, shoot, die, spawn, die. I have been on 32 slot servers where only 2 squads were made, the rest totally ran about like headless chickens. Fun for a while, yeah but soon it starts to wear off. Un-installed and packed away.

Only 2 games have given me the teamwork fun factor. GR series and SWAT 4. That why I hope that this patch sorts things out that need sorting.

Ability to select and give orders to human players in the team. Multi coop.

Spawn on the leader.

Select your own equipment (like GRAW) not classes.

Playing coop is what I like but most upcoming games forget to add that mode. MoH Airborne dropped it at the last minute. Thats a big shame.

(throws another penny down the well)

Jack

tactical has to do with noise and light discipline. the OP order's objectives, actions on the objective, using tactics.

I'm guessing 1.05 didn't pass QA yet? Anyone hear "rumbles" about why it's gone back underground?

Heck.... has anyone actually validated there IS a 1.05 in the works? Could this have been someone pulling a serious amount of wool over our eyes somehow? I've certainly seen bogus patches for other games... ??

-John K.

I'm guessing 1.05 didn't pass QA yet? Anyone hear "rumbles" about why it's gone back underground?

Heck.... has anyone actually validated there IS a 1.05 in the works? Could this have been someone pulling a serious amount of wool over our eyes somehow? I've certainly seen bogus patches for other games... ??

-John K.

If it was, it was 32 of them playing rvsa

Papa... tactical is any type of gameplay. Did you know bunny hopping is a tactic? One person's idea of tactical may not match anothers and i should not have worded it that way. The better word would be more immersive, and team friendly.

I’m starting to feel the same way Forrester, I’ve got one of these close to my desk, charged up and ready to go.

Ouch that's some old gear.... lol

I know how to operate those, as I took a first aid course. Philips make defilibrators that are automated in such a way a kid can operate them (they measure heart rythem and only allow a shock when needed)

we call em AED Automated external defilibrators