The Release Date Fiasco

Yeah one of the Euro fans is gonna pop in their GRAW 2 disc and next thing they know Jason Vorhees comes out of nowhere with a machete. LOL I'm sure this delay will be a good thing. As long as they don't release an SP demo and push it back after someone complains about some pointless detail.

People who enjoy just SP deserve the same considerations that those who play MP get. If an SP demo comes out and a bug is found that should be fixed and pushes the release back, then it's no skin off your nose. SP gamers deserve a bug free game too.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SP gamers deserve a bug free game too.

While I can't factually say much about this, I've gotten hints that this is precisely the reason for the lack of an SP demo yet and the recent delay.

I believe the game was on track, with a release day patch poised, but something made them realize that wasn't quite enough, so they went back in to get the retail release more stable. There will probably still be a release day patch, as it's virtually impossible to release a game that is 100% ready for all configs. The lack of demo is because GRIN is likely not going to bother releasing a demo until they know the game is solid enough for retail. Then, we'll get the unusual but not uncommon post-release demo.

Just a hunch, of course.

Still, there is no reason why a game demo cannot be released with both components of the game so both can be played and possible bugs found.

That said, demos should be released with gold code and for both camps to try out as a previous company did. Then people will be able to better judge if they really want the game.

The date on the sales side has gone back to 12/07/2007.

Any delay is good news not bad, the demo may have shown up a thing or two that needed sorting.

Ubi US has moved the date to a new one !!

http://ghostrecon.us.ubi.com/

17th JULY 2007

Wednesday 06.20.07 GRAW2 PC – US Release Date Confirmed

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 PC will be released in the US on 7/17/2007. While you’re waiting to get your hands on the full game, Gamespy Arena has opened up competitive ladders for the multiplayer demo. To participate, simply play ranked matches and check your position on the ladder.

The date on the sales side has gone back to 12/07/2007.

Any delay is good news not bad, the demo may have shown up a thing or two that needed sorting.

Ubi US has moved the date to a new one !!

http://ghostrecon.us.ubi.com/

17th JULY 2007

Wednesday 06.20.07 GRAW2 PC – US Release Date Confirmed

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 PC will be released in the US on 7/17/2007. While you’re waiting to get your hands on the full game, Gamespy Arena has opened up competitive ladders for the multiplayer demo. To participate, simply play ranked matches and check your position on the ladder.

Why is it that when someone posts something contributing to a thread they don't read the previous posts ? This is about the tenth time someone posted somthing like this.

We're all pretty much caught up now. the new date is July 17th 2007. Its already old news.

Well, if you go back to page 5. Which, is only one page previous to this one. The entire first half of the page either in a post of its own or paraphrasing a quote from a previous post has that the release date as july 17th. And if you go back one page before that on page 4 there are multiple postings as well about it bening july 17th. And being most people check this site several times a day, espeically due to the fact the game is nearing release and they want to check out the content... something from 2 days ago is old news. ok ?

Well, if you go back to page 5. Which, is only one page previous to this one. The entire first half of the page either in a post of its own or paraphrasing a quote from a previous post has that the release date as july 17th. And if you go back one page before that on page 4 there are multiple postings as well about it bening july 17th.

And being most people check this site several times a day, espeically due to the fact the game is nearing release and they want to check out the content... something from 2 days ago is old news. ok ?

You'r attitude is noted.

HEY GUYS!

I hear they've moved to release date to July 17th!

SORRY... had to.... Boring day at work! ;)

-jk

callsign threepoint

lol

-----------

Viiiper, that part you underlined actually wasn't intentionally meant to be said with attitude it was simply stating a fact. You and I are perfect examples of that. Within a few hours we have both posted several posts a piece.

While I can't factually say much about this, I've gotten hints that this is precisely the reason for the lack of an SP demo yet and the recent delay.

I believe the game was on track, with a release day patch poised, but something made them realize that wasn't quite enough, so they went back in to get the retail release more stable. There will probably still be a release day patch, as it's virtually impossible to release a game that is 100% ready for all configs. The lack of demo is because GRIN is likely not going to bother releasing a demo until they know the game is solid enough for retail. Then, we'll get the unusual but not uncommon post-release demo.

Just a hunch, of course.

I agree Dannik. I have to applaud their choice to purposely to delay the release date to make sure we don't go through the GRAW1 disaster. Good job Grin! :grin1:

Still, there is no reason why a game demo cannot be released with both components of the game so both can be played and possible bugs found.

That said, demos should be released with gold code and for both camps to try out as a previous company did. Then people will be able to better judge if they really want the game.

Exactly. They would earn some credibility back if they released a single demo, with one SP map and MP components that are somehow "crippled"... a max of 15 minutes in-game or something. Let people download it and try it out, but yes, it needs to be gold code.

-jk

Just a hunch, of course.

I agree Dannik. I have to applaud their choice to purposely to delay the release date to make sure we don't go through the GRAW1 disaster. Good job Grin! :grin1:

I'd love to read a book entitled 'Making of GRAW and GRAW 2"... where we would get to learn the REAL, inside story of both game development efforts.

I applaud "whomever" for making the decision to hold off and work out the bugs. But that doesn't jibe with the fact that the original release date was... how long ago? Where did that date come from, Ubi as the publisher or GRiN and the developer? Why have we had to go through so many dates and delays? I'm not questioning the end result, but I would LOVE to know where the dysfunction resides that would allow such public displays of ... well... stupidity.

Id software, "We'll ship it when it's ready". Most times you find out that it's ready the day they post the message, "It's gold".

-jk

A game demo does not need to be limited to any time limit. Use one entire level from the retail version like Rogue Spear did with The Met Map or create a demo only map like The Castle Map for GR that can be added to the retail version and allow both MP and SP. I first fired up a GR demo server for 12 hours the first weekend it was out and played all gametypes and modes over and over and over again. Everyone had a blast and I later played the SP portion and found out how well thought out the gameplay was.

But that doesn't jibe with the fact that the original release date was... how long ago? Where did that date come from, Ubi as the publisher or GRiN and the developer? Why have we had to go through so many dates and delays? I'm not questioning the end result, but I would LOVE to know where the dysfunction resides that would allow such public displays of ... well... stupidity.

Don't you know you're not important? Stewpid pc gam3rs.

:hippi: Long live xbox 3sixties!! :wizard:

Down with fun :snipe: .................. :jeswink:

Booooo! :cold:

I applaud "whomever" for making the decision to hold off and work out the bugs. But that doesn't jibe with the fact that the original release date was... how long ago? Where did that date come from, Ubi as the publisher or GRiN and the developer? Why have we had to go through so many dates and delays? I'm not questioning the end result, but I would LOVE to know where the dysfunction resides that would allow such public displays of ... well... stupidity.

You can thank corporate fat cats who don't have the balls to come here and prove us wrong for that one.

It's bad customer service is what it is. Maybe a marketing ploy to whet our tongues...

Meh, it's done when it's done. That's what I said about Half-Life 2, Doom 3, STALKER, Oblivion, Call of Duty 2, Armed Assault, and plenty of other games. Pushing the date back from March to June, then from June to July isn't a big deal compared to something like, say, Duke Nukem Forever.

Take as long as they want. After GRAW and all the problems it came with, all my friends quit playing it. There's no way i could talk them into buying this one, or would I try. I'll just be waiting for all of you to post a review of the gameplay (SP). If it's anything like the last one, and have to wait for them to finish it AFTER I've already bought it, well it'll be 19.99 by then and I'll save some $$$. Liked GRAW for what it is, but i sure miss GHOST RECON for what it WAS.

Its done when its done.... thats how it should be. First impressions are very important if you want to build a good online gaming community. If GRIN doesn't feel that the game is ready yet then so be it. Trying to recover with patches after the game is released is always much more of a challenge, rather than just coming out with a very stable and nice looking polished game. We all expect there to be 'patches' or updates to games these days, but they should be able to work on it as long as they feel they need to. Moaning about the game being pushed back is pointless.

Edited by whoa182

Kind of makes you wonder what the hell the beta testers were doing...

Go read the beta forum. There's plenty of feedback and suggestions. But I understand what you are saying. The Demo does make one feel like, what was the beta for?

Unless you were a beta tester you can not access the beta forum.