cheaters already?

odd ive never lost connnection never gotten kicked played 5 straight hours b4 my eyes and stomach hurt :D

i think it might be a stability problem because of vid cards? try turning down graphics and play along time but ive got my graph high as u can get em still no kick...

Edited by sgt.hoot

Of course theres no proof... I remember in FarCry and even Vietcong... I've seen people actually flying (ya you read that right, Flying). It took almost 5 months for someone to show it on youtube. In vietcong it turned up that there were areas of the map that if you would crouch and stand up you would be able to fly. So it's not without reason to believe people can cheat.

Did you see a flying GHOST ..hahaha!

Seriously ..what were the said cheaters doing that of course made you think or beleive they actualy were cheating, i'm not saying you didn't see cheating i'm just curious.

Of course theres no proof... I remember in FarCry and even Vietcong... I've seen people actually flying (ya you read that right, Flying). It took almost 5 months for someone to show it on youtube. In vietcong it turned up that there were areas of the map that if you would crouch and stand up you would be able to fly. So it's not without reason to believe people can cheat.

Seriously ..what were the said cheaters doing that of course made you think or beleive they actualy were cheating, i'm not saying you didn't see cheating i'm just curious.

I am not 100% sure as I didnt see first hand what the people were talking about... But everyone (almost everyone) on the server was complaining about this one person. The one time I did see him I was eating lunch while AFK hiding in a building in the dark and he just came around the wall firing at the gate, then the wall, then hit me as he came around the side into the room I was in (no windows and I wasn’t near a wall to be clipping it) and I didn't move since the round began so be damn if I know how he knew where I was. But about 20 minutes in he got kicked for moded files although him killing me could have been a result of one of his friends on my team telling him where I was but that doesn’t really account for the firing at the walls I was behind and I doubt the game would pickup an external hack. Wasn’t a big issue for me at the time but its alarming to see a lot of people being kicked for moded files. The bigger issue right now are people using the clipping glitches on gates and other areas…

On a side note though; if you want to get a good laugh look for videos on Vietcong / farCry (and I think even Halo) flying cheat and you will see what some people will resort to just to get a kill. It’s funny yet at the same time might ###### some people off (as it did me when I found out how I was being killed a while after I gave up playing the game).

Hopefully we won’t have to deal with many of them…

I am not 100% sure as I didnt see first hand what the people were talking about... But everyone (almost everyone) on the server was complaining about this one person. The one time I did see him I was eating lunch while AFK hiding in a building in the dark and he just came around the wall firing at the gate, then the wall, then hit me as he came around the side into the room I was in (no windows and I wasn’t near a wall to be clipping it) and I didn't move since the round began so be damn if I know how he knew where I was. But about 20 minutes in he got kicked for moded files although him killing me could have been a result of one of his friends on my team telling him where I was but that doesn’t really account for the firing at the walls I was behind and I doubt the game would pickup an external hack. Wasn’t a big issue for me at the time but its alarming to see a lot of people being kicked for moded files. The bigger issue right now are people using the clipping glitches on gates and other areas…

On a side note though; if you want to get a good laugh look for videos on Vietcong / farCry (and I think even Halo) flying cheat and you will see what some people will resort to just to get a kill. It’s funny yet at the same time might ###### some people off (as it did me when I found out how I was being killed a while after I gave up playing the game).

Hopefully we won’t have to deal with many of them…

Ron were you assault or recon? If you were assault it was possible that you got tagged or the player tagged you and then knew exactly where you were. That is the problem with games that do this. You often cannot tell if you have been wall hacked or if you were tagged or spotted. I guess luckily since it's a slightly different implementation where you turn purple if to your teammates if you are tagged then can tell you if you are or not. And the Assault has no way of tagging you.

Also the sound is really high for people with good sound cards. The slightest movement is huge and can pinpoint you out to a person. I mean the slightest movement or or turn sometimes is enough to give you away.

I have no doubt that people will be cheating on this game and using d3d hacks but there are many other legitimate possibilities as to why you were killed and "detected".

Oh I definetly didnt move and I was Demolitions and Rifleman on TDM... not sure if theres tagging in TDM as i've not seen a single person tagged yet and I wasent able to tag people in the beta so I havent tried yet in the demo.

Oh I definetly didnt move and I was Demolitions and Rifleman on TDM... not sure if theres tagging in TDM as i've not seen a single person tagged yet and I wasent able to tag people in the beta so I havent tried yet in the demo.

He obviously had a good sound card and could hear you chewing on your sandwich :thumbsup:

everyone (almost everyone) on the server was complaining about this one person.

t

/vote kick 'playername'

:thumbsup:

works a treat if everyone has a problem.

/edit, i hope there is a server option to disable anyone setting up a vote kick apart from someone who is logged into the server.

Edited by Panic

ive never seen a cheater (exept for a vehichle spam commander on bf2) so i have never seen a wall hacker i may have an example..ive seen some ppl just go out of their way (in deathcam) to just shoot the walls and the lead it like their shooting AT something, is this a wall hacker or just a dumbass??

everyone (almost everyone) on the server was complaining about this one person.

/vote kick 'playername'

:thumbsup:

works a treat if everyone has a problem.

/edit, i hope there is a server option to disable anyone setting up a vote kick apart from someone who is logged into the server.

Panic,

I don't see why not. It was present in the GRAW servers so it most likely should be in GRAW2 as well.

Sgt.hoot,

That's hard to say. On games where you get tagging like BF2, or in the RvA game mode here. Sometimes if a person is tagged or spotted everyone on the opposite team can essentially see where they are. People sometimes will take shots at the tag where they think the person will be and track it through walls particularly at distance. In TDM, it should be another story but you can track people pretty well by sound in this game if they are move even the slightest. Unfortunately any game that supports "tagging" makes it difficult to validate a wall hacking player without some other sort of evidence to back it up like screen shots for example(NOT server side replays).

I am sorry to say is but there are hacks out there for the demo in the last 12 hours I have had 4 emails about the hacks and asking me is there anything I can do about them. I am not sure what people would like me to do about them as i am with punksbusted.com (Please note Punksbusted.com is not Even Balance or do we make PB)

Grin has made a great looking game and I do think that GRAW2 will be a great hit, but I do wish that game developers would stick to making the games and let people like Even Balance do the anti cheat for the games.

And as for the comments on BF2 about not seeing any cheats, I just say this PsB (Punksbusted.com) has now busted over 6000 cheats in BF2 and in the last 4 years we have busted over 57,000 cheats on the games which are running PB, this morning I have added over 20 BF2 players to the master ban list from Punkbuster screen shot which was submitted to PsB

I am sorry to say if GRAW2 is going to be a big game like I think its going to be then it will just be a Cheat fest :(

Here are a few pbss of cheats which are now on the master ban list for BF2.

6c61f507febe185264ac368ge5.png

9140b8cc8c4b67d7e25c998vp4.png

bc0498e00623590219edd44ki2.png

bulgy,

This was the reason I gave up on my BF2 server after 2 months and moved on to another game... I was spending more time reviewing screen shots and spectating because of complains I was constantly getting on our servers. What made it easy for me is that nobody knew I was an admin ;)

I have yet to play an online game that didn’t have people cheating in it... Hell, when I was a Cal admin for COD there were people that were constantly debunking cheat rumors. Saying that people are just paranoid and that there was no way for them to cheat with PB on. Then almost a year later they would get caught by ether giving themselves away (dumb enough to post screen shots of themselves) or doing things where in the demo you could clearly see what they were doing. I even gave up my own buddy when I found out what he was doing (it didn't take me more than a 4 second decision to turn him in and then remove him from the roster).

If Even balance didn't implement that last PB update where your required to run those 2 services (PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe) then I would be all for PB being implemented in GRAW2. But those two services killed BF2/2142 for me. Now with the lag even at 9 to 18 ping I have a lag so heavy 85% of the times that it makes the game nearly impossible for me to play. I still attempt to play anyway but its extremely hard to enjoy when everyone around you is stuttering across the screen. So I can only imagine what it would do to me and other people In GRAW2... If EB can would out that issue eventually then it would be good thing if GRAW2 does become popular enough.

BTW, great job you guys do over there at Punksbusted.com :thumbsup:

we do try to do the best we can at PsB

i do know that EB are working on the PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB some of it has been down to more and more people trying to play online with wireless and that has been giving people lag. as you know there are a few other things which need looking at.

I dont know if any of the grin guys have been reading this topic? but if any of them are reading this topic then i would like to say is that PsB (Punksbusted.com) would be more then happy to help grin in any anti cheat system for GRAW2.

bulgy@punksbusted.com

Keep Safe

Edited by bulgy

Just because people complain does not mean others are cheating. They could be playing RvA and not know how the game works, or it could be that they don't know how accurate the sounds are for locating opposing players.

GRAW 2 has a built-in AC with screenshots. It's too early to say whether or not GRAW 2 will be a "cheatfest." At this point I think it's simply that there are more whiners in GRAW 2 than cheaters.

Ignorance is bliss. Just click your heels together and keep telling yourself "There are no cheaters. There are no cheaters. There are no cheaters." Those of us who are PsB server admins, RA members, SS and replay reviewers, ladder admins, etc. all know better. :thumbsup:

Stalker' date='Jun 9 2007, 09:29 AM' post='469760']Ignorance is bliss. Just click your heels together and keep telling yourself "There are no cheaters. There are no cheaters. There are no cheaters." Those of us who are PsB server admins, RA members, SS and replay reviewers, ladder admins, etc. all know better. :thumbsup:
I don't think anyone has said there are no cheaters.

A Q which have been raised but not answered is if the server can take SS by itself during game.

I mean PGL did a try with it for GRAW, but their software were not user friendly.

The built-in AC comes with SS ability, but no details have been released.