Crysis

pz3

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey nice screenies, and prozac love the sig. This is the first time I have seen you using that one. (Im still pimping Orange).

Im looking forward to new media on this one. It like a window, im just hoping my system will render at least close to this.

3/30/2006 11:58:09 AM

Ubisoft Wraps Up Far Cry IP/Engine

Leaving Crytek with a Crysis

Ubisoft today announced that it has acquired the intellectual property rights related to Far Cry. The company also announced a "perpetual license" for use of the CryENGINE Far Cry Edition. This allows Ubisoft to make "sequels, add-ons, derivative and merchandising products" based on the Far Cry brand and to use Far Cry Edition of CryENGINE "to develop, sell and distribute an unlimited number of video games."

"Far Cry is one of Ubisoft's most successful brands and this agreement is one further step in our strategy to constantly enrich our catalogue of fully owned brands," said Yves Guillemot, President & CEO of Ubisoft Entertainment. "With Far Cry, we look forward to further consolidating our leading position in the first person shooters genre."

by David Radd

source

So what does this do to things? :unsure:

3/30/2006 11:58:09 AM

Ubisoft Wraps Up Far Cry IP/Engine

Leaving Crytek with a Crysis

Ubisoft today announced that it has acquired the intellectual property rights related to Far Cry. The company also announced a "perpetual license" for use of the CryENGINE Far Cry Edition. This allows Ubisoft to make "sequels, add-ons, derivative and merchandising products" based on the Far Cry brand and to use Far Cry Edition of CryENGINE "to develop, sell and distribute an unlimited number of video games."

"Far Cry is one of Ubisoft's most successful brands and this agreement is one further step in our strategy to constantly enrich our catalogue of fully owned brands," said Yves Guillemot, President & CEO of Ubisoft Entertainment. "With Far Cry, we look forward to further consolidating our leading position in the first person shooters genre."

by David Radd

source

So what does this do to things? :unsure:

Nothing other than give Ubi full Intelectual Property rights to the Far cry universe as well as the Far cry engine tech. Crysis is completely different, both engine tech and IP.

-John

"So what does this do to things? unsure.gif"

ok so here goes a repeat, doh.

It does nothing, possibly adding the Cryteks resources for the current project.

I will be honest though, I was shocked. I thought Ubi already aquired full rights.

Edited by Suli

Crysis is completely different, both engine tech and IP.

-John

Ah, OK. For some reason I just assumed it was the same engine or the next gen.

Same guys, but different IP and code base. I would veture to guess that this is precisely why Crysis is not a sequel to FarCry. I'm sure this deal didn't happen over night.

-John

• 3 months later...

I just been watching the videos over here http://www.crysis-online.com/ , awesome sci-fi fps shooter, but some say the game is due for release in uk & usa around end of march 2007, that's a long way off yet, oh well patience is a virtue ...some say. I like the depth of field and other effects, the aliens look much better than the trigens in farcry.

• 4 weeks later...

edit: Oops the title got munched on "Crysis Exclusive Preview - Technology and the Hardware That You'll Need to Run the Game"

------

The guys at GRiN are right, it's time to move on to next gen computing! Seems Crysis is on the same track. I know that MS's Flight Sim X, will also be taking advantage of next gen features.

Face it folks, the new games are advancing and taking advantage of new technology, time to think about upgrading if you want to play!

Personally I'm a geek so I'm all for the new stuff.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/n...tml?sid=6154899

Edited by TGBonehead

One thing I've noticed since GRAW is, That Devs are getting ahead of the current technology. Crysis will ship with DX10? now we don't even have DX10 cards yet...

Edited by Papa6

One thing I've noticed since GRAW is, That Devs are getting ahead of the current technology. Crysis will ship with DX10? now we don't even have DX10 cards yet...

I think you will find it works just fine on DX9 cards aswell.

It's taken for granted that graphics technology advances at a steady rate, so of course Crysis will have more advanced tech than Far Cry.

The game will not only support DirectX 9, the current standard for Windows-based games, but it will also support DirectX 10, which will be included in Windows Vista. But Crysis will also benefit from a more realistic look for other reasons. For example, take the jungles of Far Cry. While incredibly lush, the jungles were also dinged by some for looking a bit too "plastic" in appearance. That's because the aritsts couldn't find any real jungle in the heart of Europe to study. The best they could do was look at a lot of photos and visit a tropical greenhouse in Germany. This time around, Crytek dispatched a team of artists and programmers to Jamaica to study the foliage and terrain up close (a tough job, we know). The result is going to be more lifelike jungles in Crysis, something seen in the early gameplay movies as you see leaves bending realistically, or gunfire chopping down trees.

From preview at http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/ne...p;mode=previews

I'll have no problem upgrading for THIS Game. I was very disappointed after playing GRAW, which I was going to upgrade for but the demo was mediocre at best-this game on the other hand, just by the gameplay, videos alone is enough for me. It's been two years since I last touched my computer in upgrades, so it's time, and this game has my instant attention.

Can't wait for Brothers In Arms 3, either.

I didnt read it all but not to worry. For the ultimate experience you will need a very high end machine. It should be a very scalable engine just like the first one anyways.

I dont have to ph34r the unknown :ph34r:

Edited by Prozac360

• 3 weeks later...

There was a crisis in the office earlier today as the minimum and recommended specifications for upcoming shooter Crysis were revealed by a member of the company's staff via their website.

Dated 24th July.

They are as follows:

Minimum Requirements

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz

Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)

RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista

HDD: 6GB

Internet: 256k+

Optical Drive: DVD

Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Requirements

CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)

Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent

RAM: 1.5Gb

Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)

Software: DX10 with Windows Vista

My PC barely scrapes the minimum specs and with trailers and screenshots like Crysis's it isn't surprising.

OUCH.

link.

http://www.news0r.com/index.php?m=200607

Not bad at all, really. Makes that statement about the ps3 and x360 'not being powerful enough' sound pretty untrue. I completely understand them not wanting to devote the time or money to make cryengine 2 run well on 360 and ps3, but there's no way they can't match a 3000+ 6600 768 machine. That's practically what I've got.

Rumored Specs.

If its official it would be all over every gaming site.

lets just say I doubt its true for a very good reason ;)

btw foxtrot.... DX10 will only be on vista from what iv heard.

If you think X360 graphics were hot you should see what DX10 is going to look like.

Edited by Prozac360

Seems to be official.

Author Topic: Official Crysis-Online Requirements Thread (Read 27453 times)

Admin

Administrator

Call me Tom :)

Official Crysis-Online Requirements Thread

« on: July 14, 2006, 11:04:01 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get many emails from people asking if there system or these specs.etc will run crysis. There's nothing wrong with asking that and I'm happy to answer however, I think it would be better to share the questons and answers here on the forum.

If you have a questions about the requirements or wish to discuss them, please do so below.

Here are the current speculated specs which can be found in the Information Center on this site...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minimum Requirements

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz

Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)

RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista

Internet: 256k+

Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Requirements

CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)

Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent

RAM: 1.5Gb

Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)

Software: DX10 with Windows Vista

The above specs are simply speculation, but I've put in atleast a few hours researching to get the requirments down to how they are at the moment.

So fire away with any questions you may have

Cheers!

http://www.crysis-online.com/forum/index.p...opic,141.0.html

"If you think X360 graphics were hot you should see what DX10 is going to look like."

Yeah, DX10 may be good, but if i have to get Vista to have it, to enable your Crysis graphics to go full throttle, i doubt i will even purchase Crysis. I think Crysis looks amazing, but im pretty sure me and quite a bit of other people arent gonna buy Vista, all the hardware that it needs to run, then Crysis. It will be a while before kinks are worked out, a year or two, and as someone told me "A while before its stable enough for gamers."

I am not trying to sound like i know everything either, but it was pretty obvious to me. I think ill use XP for another few years.

But back on topic, I dont think it will stop some gamers, some people still dont agree how pointless it is to upgrade if you already have a good card, just to gain 15 FPS. (If you havent noticed, some people will get the latest card, a week later they want the new one which is typically not that much improvement from the card they already have, and so on with other hardware.)

The system requirements actually arent that bad though, I mean for how good Crysis looks, and how the gameplay (hopefully) will play. The internet reccomendation is pretty high though, nearest ADSL wouldnt work well i guess. And Vista, what a dissapointment for me.

Edited by Foxtrot23