anyone here even looking forward to SP campaign?

5timechamp

looking forward to SP campaign or is this a MP exclusive purchase..

If the basic design flaws of GRAW SP campaign havent been fixed then this will be a 1 playthrough campaign again..

GRAW SP had no replay whatsoever in SP......

wanna play missions more tactically? how about low crawling up to the enemy? Oh thats right you cant because even though your teammates are set to recon...they wont go prone even if u do....how silly is that?

it amazes me how the original ghost game did so many of the little things right....yet so little of it is emulated in these "modern" games.... if u set graw guys to aggressive and send them to a point they run...if u set them to recon and set a point...they run :wall: ......in original the posture dictated how they moved, if they stopped when spotting an enemy...or if they engaged them...

better yet..hey let me send my guys into the line of sight of the bad guys so they can kill them....oh thats right they wont shoot the guy in front of them unless u specifically tell them to...(and judging from graw 2 demo nothing has changed).

anyhow anyone looking forward to single player moreso than MP with graw 2...or are we a MP community here.??

Edited by 5timechamp

I played a few maps in GRAW1 than quited because I simply couldn't stand the game.

Now after playing the demo of GRAW 2 I won't even touch it anymore, for me this purely is a MP purchase only.

For me GR has been about multiplayer player from the start. The Org. GR game did have a somewhat fun Sp but it's the MP that keeps me going back.

I am :blush:

I always like single player in any game. It's pretty much the foundation for building on (though, GRAW being 2 seperate design teams it does make for 2 different games, 3 if you count GRIN). I appreciate the graphics and level design that goes into it. The "theatrics" as Ick put it.

I appreciate a good multiplayer game as well, but damn can they be life sucking. How many times have you said to yourself "just one more round....just one more round...." I'm not bashing anyone that likes to spend their time playing multi-player by any means(God knows I've spent plenty of consecutive hours myself playing). I'm just glad game developers haven't abandoned single player all together for those of us who want to enjoy the game more casually.

I'm just glad game developers haven't abandoned single player all together for those of us who want to enjoy the game more casually.

completely agreed...but wouldnt the longevity of SP be extended if things such as squad and enemy AI was programmed so well that each playthrough is different?? as it stands graw 1 squad and enemy AI is so inflexible that the experience is redundant...

heck one thing i really appreciate about graw 1 was its support of local multiplayer, since that gets a lot of play at my house as well..

I'm just glad game developers haven't abandoned single player all together for those of us who want to enjoy the game more casually.

completely agreed...but wouldnt the longevity of SP be extended if things such as squad and enemy AI was programmed so well that each playthrough is different?? as it stands graw 1 squad and enemy AI is so inflexible that the experience is redundant...

heck one thing i really appreciate about graw 1 was its support of local multiplayer, since that gets a lot of play at my house as well..

I agree.

IMO there really hasn't been a "good" single player Ghost Recon since the first. Now it's just like you are going through the motions waiting to hit the next cut scene or whatever. The originals just gave you a mission, big map and the freedom to go about it however you like. I miss that....

IMO there really hasn't been a "good" single player Ghost Recon since the first. Now it's just like you are going through the motions waiting to hit the next cut scene or whatever. The originals just gave you a mission, big map and the freedom to go about it however you like. I miss that....

I think the co-op mission will provide a greater experience than the last time. In fact i expect the co-op mission will take on the feel of campaigns from older GR games. We already know the co-op maps will be huge and im betting that the objectives can be completed in whatever order you choose. Just consider the 6 co-op missions to be the real campaign if you're a fan of the older style of play.

First and foremost i'll be going straight for the MP, I remember when the DLC came out for GRAW and I entered a online game, There was like a truce no one said so but no one fired a shot. the comms was filled with screams of joy from grown men, you could sense the excitement as everyone was running around the new maps looking for the next vantage point to use in a real game. I can't say the same for the SP granted a lot of people like the SP but I can't imagine many people putting the hours that the MP has to offer in to the SP. for most its a couple of playthoughs with the SP and thats about all. sadly some and i mean a few don't even give the MP a tryout.

Graw MP is a great game and once you get in with a decent crowd of Grawers the time passes so quick and often you hear ok one more game then i am going from the guys in the lobby, only for them to stay for a few more.

For many a game of MP is a ritual and its understanable its so god dam addictive.

For me I'd have loved UBI to throw the SP money at the MP and let Redstorm totally go to town on the title.

Counting down the days till I get my hands on the new instalment of MP

First and foremost i'll be going straight for the MP, I remember when the DLC came out for GRAW and I entered a online game, There was like a truce no one said so but no one fired a shot. the comms was filled with screams of joy from grown men, you could sense the excitement as everyone was running around the new maps looking for the next vantage point to use in a real game. I can't say the same for the SP granted a lot of people like the SP but I can't imagine many people putting the hours that the MP has to offer in to the SP. for most its a couple of playthoughs with the SP and thats about all. sadly some and i mean a few don't even give the MP a tryout.

Graw MP is a great game and once you get in with a decent crowd of Grawers the time passes so quick and often you hear ok one more game then i am going from the guys in the lobby, only for them to stay for a few more.

For many a game of MP is a ritual and its understanable its so god dam addictive.

For me I'd have loved UBI to throw the SP money at the MP and let Redstorm totally go to town on the title.

Counting down the days till I get my hands on the new instalment of MP

I would always play the SP missions first, learn the controls and get up to speed with all the new features a game had to offer before even attempting to show myself up in a MP match.....but now and especially with GRAW I can just jump straight into a MP or a co-op game and have by far a greater gaming experience. The SP and MP are so different its almost like the SP is a waste of my time.....it looks pretty at times but I feel it really lacks in the game play and the trill of playing with other human players.....A.I. will never be a match for human competition or human teammates. Bring on the MP..... :thumbsup:

Edited by ReapeR eXe

I am :blush:

I always like single player in any game. It's pretty much the foundation for building on (though, GRAW being 2 seperate design teams it does make for 2 different games, 3 if you count GRIN). I appreciate the graphics and level design that goes into it. The "theatrics" as Ick put it.

I appreciate a good multiplayer game as well, but damn can they be life sucking. How many times have you said to yourself "just one more round....just one more round...." I'm not bashing anyone that likes to spend their time playing multi-player by any means(God knows I've spent plenty of consecutive hours myself playing). I'm just glad game developers haven't abandoned single player all together for those of us who want to enjoy the game more casually.

Agreed 100% :D