Favorite Gametypes

ZJJ

I've read a lot about how GRAW doesn't seem to have the game type that you love to play. What would be your ideal list of gametypes?

Would it be Firefight or missions in coop mode? Would it be Capture the flag in TvT?

In other words, what game type would make GR:AW 2 the best gaming experience for you?

SP Quick Mission mode ala [GR].

All maps (GR:AW included) playable in gametypes; Firefight, Mission, Recon, Defend, Search and Rescue.

That would be a nice place to start.

There ya go! You got my vote!

(Funny how we have to ask and hope to get what we've had for five years in the original, huh?)

-jk

Callsign Fearful_Of_GRAW2

TVT with 4 spawn zones, random map + random team spawn option and 4 different sets of camo

Sometimes I truly love ROCO...

In addition to what HE said there, I'd also like to see MISSION in COOP with 6-9 players to the team. An ability to realign teammates between squads (let's say, 3 or 4 squads on the team/platoon) in-game would kick butt.

It's like this: FIREFIGHT was something we used to always do for fun. GRAW's [GR] COOP mode works pretty well overall, and if the spawn locations were relatively random with more maps, it'd be SUPER FUN! MISSION is something we used to do for tournaments, which were always custom-scripted (the best were even on custom-made maps) by modders. I again point to the likes of AlphaSquad and Special Detachment for their great- wait, AWESOME- work in this regard. Whereas a nonlinear mission could be scripted onto a custom-made map with a few hidden surprises and a scoring system for completing various objectives.

HINT: Let's say the developer and publisher actually get GRAW2 right, and the fans find it a worthy game to play in lieu of [GR]. Said publisher could task said developer with creating new content in the form of a single mission (or series of missions) on a new map(s) for purposes of a publisher-sponsored tournament! Let's say they charged an entry fee of $20 to $50 per team. SOME measure of the cost of bandwidth and all could be recovered thus. AND it's great public relations to show a continued post-production commitment to the game's continuing development, and more importantly it's fans. AND it even offers the publisher and developer an opportunity to put their figurative fingers directly on the pulse of the most hardcore fans out there, the CLANS. COOP MISSION tournaments can do this. Given that the concerns we've voiced since the GRAW demo are addressed (FINALLY)...

My $.02, anyhow. Dinner time. Ciao!

Original GR1 type mission based Co-op with 16 players minimum and multiple options available from a GR1 type Lobby that allows pre mission planning and chat.

What would the fun in that be? The purpose of a ghost team is to be SMALL and lethal. It's not a squadron game, neithter was [GR], just team size (4-6 people).

Original GR1 type mission based Co-op with 16 players minimum and multiple options available from a GR1 type Lobby that allows pre mission planning and chat.

What would the fun in that be? The purpose of a ghost team is to be SMALL and lethal. It's not a squadron game, neithter was [GR], just team size (4-6 people).

Ever play GR1?

Ever play GR1?

Yes. Since the first week it was out in November 2001. I'm one of the few true [GR] veterans still around.

Coop is best in small teams. Otherwise you'd need 300-400 enemies on a map and that's just waisting resources and not what the original game was about. I can accept up to 8 people in a team. Over that is unrealisitic for a covert unit.

Edited by Wolfsong

Ever play GR1?

Yes. Since the first week it was out in November 2001. I'm one of the few true [GR] veterans still around.

Coop is best in small teams. Otherwise you'd need 300-400 enemies on a map and that's just waisting resources and not what the original game was about. I can accept up to 8 people in a team. Over that is unrealisitic for a covert unit.

I agree with the RL theory but in practice (and I can only state what I have experienced and talked about with other Co-op players) the 9 player limit in GR1 was a major sticking point with the Co-op community hence the Community mod that allowed many more.

The amount of human players does not automatically dictate the amount of enemy needed.

Yes I agree, if you want to firefight or go run and gun through a mission then 16 people are gonna need a whole host of opfor to kill, but believe me, as AS proved, a few, and i mean FEW, well placed enemy on a good scripted mission can wipe out an entire team (9 players) if not played right.

Three 4 man teams on some maps and missions is an ideal number as this allows you to cover all eventualities and do simultaneous objectives without the linear, do this, then that, then that, then extract scenarios.

SP Quick Mission mode ala [GR].

All maps (GR:AW included) playable in gametypes; Firefight, Mission, Recon, Defend, Search and Rescue.

That would be a nice place to start.

Agreed. :yes: The GRAW firefight we have now is a poor excuse for a gametype if you play it SP.

• 8 months later...

RVSA

SIEGE

DOMINATION

HAMBURGERHILL

TEAMDEATHMATCH

DEATHMATCH

COOP

Gamemode:

Objective TDM

To reach and destroy the objective in a given time or by eliminating the opposition. The key is there is only one objective and both teams have to destroy it. to destroy the objective 2x C4 charges have to be placed on it.

The game is played best of 1, 3, 5 or 7 rounds

The focus would be 2 fold, the objective and the enemy. respawns, limited

Whats the point? it's a game

FREEZE TAG

As played in medal of honour

When you shot the enemy, he freezes on the map, a team member has to aim his gun at you for 5 seconds to release you (un freeze).

To win you must freeze out the whole opposing team.

The game is played against the clock and ends on total team freeze out or timer expires.

viii

I agree with Roco as well. I love GRAW 2 so far, but MP is already predictable after first spawn. Snipers run to sniper positions and take out every single soul running through a tight spot, and the nades fly with perfect timing already into choke points.

Put the 4 random spawns in, and this would be a thing of the past. And you would have so many happy TDM players. Not to mention, matching in ladders would gain so much more replay value.

Please Grin...... help us out a little? kthx

A good topic too, before you crossed over to the dark side :ph34r:

I found it very interesting, as with the imminent modding tools :rofl: it would be nice to get the game mode ideas flowing again. Be careful next time I might dig up one of your topics ;)

I agree with Roco as well. I love GRAW 2 so far, but MP is already predictable after first spawn. Snipers run to sniper positions and take out every single soul running through a tight spot, and the nades fly with perfect timing already into choke points.

Put the 4 random spawns in, and this would be a thing of the past. And you would have so many happy TDM players. Not to mention, matching in ladders would gain so much more replay value.

Please Grin...... help us out a little? kthx

As for random spawns , like Wolfsong said, the maps from GRIN are too small. but the custom maps have the ability to add them. :thumbsup:

That I understand, I misquoted you slightly, sorry. The mutli spawn system is built into the GRIN CODE, do you know why it was not used on the bigger maps?

"I don't understand"

all maps that has TDM as it's official contents.