Patch?

No this isn't a link to it.

Instead it's a question as i'm bored and know we all need the gl bug fixed

Lets take a small poll

#1 What do you think will be resolved in the patch?

#2 What bugs do you think will still exist?

No flaming please

I'll start it.

#1 GL bug will be resolved once again, at least until the next patch ;).

Anticheat will be improved

Engine tweak will improve performance some server side and client

Co-op will be able to choose difficulty with console (maybe with a restart_server)

#2 Hamburger hill Strongpoint texture missing on a few walls i bet will be missed

Strongpoint Graffi (in tdm at least) sticking off the wall in the alley will still be there

Com station Grass will still float.

Gun not always shooting 1st click after run i bet will be missed.

Anticheat will kick people for a different reason but still say altered game files

CPU will still tach at 100% (50% on dual or hyperthreading) driving server and client pc's processor temperatures up ( Checked our server... at idle, no GRAW 42C (with a prescott P4), with Graw open 55-60C... non-stock Antec 4000rpm fan with heatpipes) Open side of case... Got it down to 54-56C. Mainboard temp is 35C, airflow is good.

GRin, please prove me wrong, fix #2 and release the patch so we can play with no crashes.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fixed majority of disconnect and crash issues

GL fixed

texture fixes (strongpoint and com station grass, maybe more)

some animations (missing gun..)

fixed some [GR] coop stuff like objectives(having missions rather than kill all or kill all and extract)

added maybe some new features

some lag issues with fire incidents (who fires first and who hits first)

some animation bugs

"Gun not always shooting 1st click after run i bet will be missed." i'll bet with you on this one

a new disconnect issue.....(hope not:))

no limp :P

must be some more to both but i am eating :P

*vista support ?? *

Edited by sui317

I hope one of the fixes will be the "waiting for server" bugg that happends all the time were people are hanging and with the "waiting for server" sign until someone do a restart_round.

And i have a dream that i one day won't have to pick my kits everymap play and map change ^^

I am beginning to doubt that there will be another patch. I thought they would have released their final around 2 weeks after the last one. Each hour they continue to put into this game is another hour they wont get paid for. There arnt enough players in the community, they are not selling any more copies of this game, and the few they do sell they are only making a few bucks a copy off of.

Roco I thought you told me a few weeks ago you talked to someone who stated that this patch was in production? Why don't they say anything?

I still think it would be nice if they would add a feature so you can actually tell when you are team chatting or global chatting.

Huddex, you can save your kit choice. Dont feel bad, I played RVS 18 months before I figured out you could throw a frag underhand.

Edited by ACTF_ZETT

I am beginning to doubt that there will be another patch. I thought they would have released their final around 2 weeks after the last one. Each hour they continue to put into this game is another hour they wont get paid for. There arnt enough players in the community, they are not selling any more copies of this game, and the few they do sell they are only making a few bucks a copy off of.

Roco I thought you told me a few weeks ago you talked to someone who stated that this patch was in production? Why don't they say anything?

I still think it would be nice if they would add a feature so you can actually tell when you are team chatting or global chatting.

Huddex, you can save your kit choice. Dont feel bad, I played RVS 18 months before I figured out you could throw a frag underhand.

It was/is...

No definate date but we are past what was estimated.

i think it was last week that GRIN_ jessejames said they were still working on it

i think they just want to be sure of the patch, and not screw up with more bugs,

"Oct 18 2006, 09:10 AM

As many of you might have noticed GRIN performed open tests together with players from GR.net last week. This was made possible by the fact that we only tried out some server side changes during those tests.

However, I can confirm that a new patch containing both server and client side fixes is in the works and will be released sometime during the next couple of weeks. I can't comment anymore on the exact release date nor the full content of this patch. I know you're keen to find out but I trust you understand why we can't give you more information at this moment.

Thanks!"

okay it was two weeks ago ....

Edited by sui317

i think it was last week that GRIN_ jessejames said they were still working on it

i think they just want to be sure of the patch, and not screw up with more bugs,

As many of you might have noticed GRIN performed open tests together with players from GR.net last week. This was made possible by the fact that we only tried out some server side changes during those tests.

However, I can confirm that a new patch containing both server and client side fixes is in the works and will be released sometime during the next couple of weeks. I can't comment anymore on the exact release date nor the full content of this patch. I know you're keen to find out but I trust you understand why we can't give you more information at this moment.

Thanks!"

Question is... if they do produce another patch, who trusts them to produce something useful?

I sense that even ROCOAFZ is losing faith... (and that is is only my opinion which is based soley his initial post in this thread)

Edited by OliverReed

Thanks!"

Question is... if they do produce another patch, who trusts them to produce something useful?

I sense that even ROCOAFZ is losing faith... (and that is is only my opinion which is based soley his initial post in this thread)

Nah it's just because it's an annoyance when matching to have to check your nade distance to make sure you don't crash. I'm still playing GRAW almost every night.

I dont know I was hoping for the patch to be here by now and to add maybe a weapon or two but thats not important as fixing bugs or maybe some new maps because it seems to me that all the user created maps are not played as much as an official one. I thought maybe if the patch arrived by now I could play GRAW more but i guess now i am going to go back to playing the BF series, which is good on its own merit but also has it fair share of bugs and annoyances.

That wasn't what i wished was it? You still have to pick the kit every round and every map change. And you know that you can throw a underhand nade in GRAW to don't you? If not you know now.

I know personally that most of the CDN guys waited around patiently for some good news to finally launch this game to a playable and matchable level.

Unfortunately most of our guys have simply given up and its a shame because we all waited forever for a GR sequel.

I think maybe 3 of us left that dabble in it a little here and there but for us the game died a slow painful death.

Im tired of getting kicked for no reason by the game itself or waitng for server only to have it hang forever ect ect...the game runs great on my machine but the lack of people playing and all the continuing bugs made the novelty wear off fast.

On a side note, the spawn raping is just outta control . All this adds up to less than an enjoyable experience.

I havent said much of anything on any of this until now as I feel its better to give something the benefit of the doubt rather than just start screaming the minute some little thing goes wrong.

I may still play now and again but I have lost the interest in it I had when it first arrived so i really dont care either way where it goes from here.

just my lousy 2 cents. Play on!

Yes,It has a few querks.But,its still the best FPS out there for matching.Yes,it needs some new maps and some bug fixs.I see there is less for everyone to complain about now.If your hardware is able to run the game,its all good baby.I havent had any issues while playing I guess im lucky.Its futue-proof for sure.I see the patch coming soon.I see the expansion or a Graw 2 down the pike.This is the making of Great game.Some maps and we are on spot.One of the retail stores in our are had the game for 9.99 last week.

NEED SOME MAPS

Edited by The Blueberry

I'd like to see some SP specific refinements included in the next patch (in addition to the MP tweaks).

1. A mission editor or at least default quick missions

2. The adaptation of a "death penalty" for the Ghost AI; if Kirkland is lost in Mission #2, Smith or Beasley, etc., should take his place in the infil chopper for Mission #3. Time to complete this feature.

Do I think we'll see them?

Unlikely.

Well I don't blame them from not giving a date or more hints of a date, but I'm really starting to loose faith in this game...Sad, it had potentials.

It is frustrating how long it can take for an absolutely necessary fix to cruical gameplay bugs. The only reason I can see is that GRAW is now low priority. Other projects come 1st hand.

Also, the absence of an expansion (or at least an announcement of it) really sucks, and now it is probably too late.

I guess it was never meant to be... Something else will show up sooner or later

No this isn't a link to it.

Instead it's a question as i'm bored and know we all need the gl bug fixed

Lets take a small poll

#1 What do you think will be resolved in the patch?

#2 What bugs do you think will still exist?

No flaming please

I'll start it.

#1 GL bug will be resolved once again, at least until the next patch ;).

Anticheat will be improved

Engine tweak will improve performance some server side and client

Co-op will be able to choose difficulty with console (maybe with a restart_server)

#2 Hamburger hill Strongpoint texture missing on a few walls i bet will be missed

Strongpoint Graffi (in tdm at least) sticking off the wall in the alley will still be there

Com station Grass will still float.

Gun not always shooting 1st click after run i bet will be missed.

Anticheat will kick people for a different reason but still say altered game files

CPU will still tach at 100% (50% on dual or hyperthreading) driving server and client pc's processor temperatures up ( Checked our server... at idle, no GRAW 42C (with a prescott P4), with Graw open 55-60C... non-stock Antec 4000rpm fan with heatpipes) Open side of case... Got it down to 54-56C. Mainboard temp is 35C, airflow is good.

GRin, please prove me wrong, fix #2 and release the patch so we can play with no crashes.

/signed

and let me stress this one:

"Gun not always shooting 1st click after run"

and

"GL bug"

Well I don't blame them from not giving a date or more hints of a date, but I'm really starting to loose faith in this game...Sad, it had potentials.

It is frustrating how long it can take for an absolutely necessary fix to cruical gameplay bugs. The only reason I can see is that GRAW is now low priority. Other projects come 1st hand.

Also, the absence of an expansion (or at least an announcement of it) really sucks, and now it is probably too late.

I guess it was never meant to be... Something else will show up sooner or later

Now that is scary :unsure:

The thought that Grin may have been unleashed on another project - oh the horror! <_<

I've been a loyal GRIN fan and GRAW fun, and still am, though my interest is waning a bit. The disconnects (whether from SADS or GameSpy) are getting old, the numbers of online players seem to be dwindling with the passing of each week, and bugs that were in the Beta release of the last patch never were fixed...not to mention new ones that seemingly have popped up since then.

I sit here a bit frustrated...

On a side note:

Is it realistic that you can't reload you SCAR-L (with grenade launcher) if you have an empty GL launcher chamber (but still have launcher grenades)? I have had this multiple times. I always need to reload my GL in order to be able to reload my rifle (when I switch), or fire one shot (SCAR-L) to be able reloading my SCAR-L (and also be able to zoom).

Would be nice some extra fixes!

Edited by Toniezz

On a side note:

Is it realistic that you can't reload you SCAR-L (with grenade launcher) if you have an empty GL launcher chamber (but still have launcher grenades)? I have had this multiple times. I always need to reload my GL in order to be able to reload my rifle (when I switch), or fire one shot (SCAR-L) to be able reloading my SCAR-L (and also be able to zoom).

Would be nice some extra fixes!

turn off auto reload and you don't have that problem.