When will there be new content?

I know that all you MP players are upset about the MP portion of this game. However, the single player part is quite good. I just want to know when we "SP" players will be informed of some new content for us, or if, AND when, an expansion pack will be released?! I really have enjoyed the SP game and I would like to play GRAW some more. However, playing the same missions again and again, gets boring!

Grin Willie, or BoGrin, please let we SP players know! I, for one, would pay to play more of your game (it is yours, even if Ubisoft pubished it!, you developed it and I, for one, am impressed!). Thanks, in advance. w00t

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that all you MP players are upset about the MP portion of this game. However, the single player part is quite good. I just want to know when we "SP" players will be informed of some new content for us, or if, AND when, an expansion pack will be released?! I really have enjoyed the SP game and I would like to play GRAW some more. However, playing the same missions again and again, gets boring!

Grin Willie, or BoGrin, please let we SP players know! I, for one, would pay to play more of your game (it is yours, even if Ubisoft pubished it!, you developed it and I, for one, am impressed!). Thanks, in advance. w00t

Not all us MP players are upset had our first freindly match yeserday it was great more to come im sure. 7 vs 7

However, playing the same missions again and again, gets boring!

Playing the same old checkpoints again and again gets boring :(

Can't see any new SP content coming myself - I mean, who would buy it? Not me!

I also think too many folks have already been put off SP by poor/repetitive/buggy gameplay and huge system requirements for an expansion to the SP to be a finanically viable proposition.

Still, thats just my thoughts.

Comments from Grin?

I also think too many folks have already been put off SP by poor/repetitive/buggy gameplay and huge system requirements for an expansion to the SP to be a finanically viable proposition.

Comments from Grin?

I have had only a few problems, ref computer requirements. Wait until Vista arrives and the games will only be available on Vista!

I bet you bought Thunder Island and Desert Seige! That is what I am speaking of. And you are right, playing the same old "checkpoint" can get boring,...or is it frustrating?

But,again, if GRiN came out with an expansion pack, I WOULD pay money for it. Just like I will buy the expansion to F.E.A.R. If I think the SP game is good, I will pay for the addtions. Maybe you would not, but that is your choice!...Anyway, didn't you microwave your game? or didn't even purchase it?

Comments from Grin?

Sssstttttt , Grin is sleeping. -_-

Not all us MP players are upset had our first freindly match yeserday it was great more to come im sure. 7 vs 7

I understand that some of the MP players really enjoy GRAW. I was just "going" with what I have read on this forum, about MP being "not up to expectations!" Many of the MP and CooP players have invited me to play. Still not confident enough to try. Howver, I don't want to see a great game go down the "tubes". I think the GRiN did a great job, at least, with the SP side! :D

Comments from Grin?

Sssstttttt , Grin is sleeping. -_-

I don't think so, "GRiN Willie" is listening! :D

Comments from Grin?

I have had only a few problems, ref computer requirements. Wait until Vista arrives and the games will only be available on Vista!

I bet you bought Thunder Island and Desert Seige! That is what I am speaking of. And you are right, playing the same old "checkpoint" can get boring,...or is it frustrating?

But,again, if GRiN came out with an expansion pack, I WOULD pay money for it. Just like I will buy the expansion to F.E.A.R. If I think the SP game is good, I will pay for the addtions. Maybe you would not, but that is your choice!...Anyway, didn't you microwave your game? or didn't even purchase it?

Hmmm Thunder Island ???? Is that a new [GR] add on pack...never heard of that one. <_<

Edited by }PW{ Payback

I bought 2 copies of OGRAW. Paid full price, too. Not that I needed a second copy. It's just that I make enough money of make RocoAFZ blush, and my accountant said I needed to spend some money to offset gains elsewhere (for tax purposes). So, I figured what better way than to support GRIN in the process?

Anyway, didn't you microwave your game? or didn't even purchase it?

I purchased it the day it came out - saw "Ghost Recon" on the title and hit the "Buy now with 1 Click" button on Amazon.

:(

I did too. Loved the game from the start. Realised that it was more like the "Brothers in Arms" game and not like [GR]. It didn't faze me. Game is great, IMHO. I believe that UBIsoft should be the ones scolded for the MP game (even some of the SP), for they are the ones that tell the developers, what and how, "they" want the game to be done. Ubisoft can give a crap, what "we" feel. They only want the money! GRiN has put up with the whining and crying from the [GR] community and have developed and patched a very good game. [GR] was "one of a kind"" and I haven't found anyother game that can compete with it's "tactical shooter" style!

However, GRAW, is where it is at and I think it is great! Granted, in the "real"world(at least the US Army), "if the leader dies" then someone else takes the lead. But, in a game, you can't do that because it wouldn't be as much fun (or is that frustrating?!).

I think GRiN should be applauded for their efforts. I, for one, appreciate the time they have taken to try to pleae "all" of us. :thumbsup:

In fact, I will buy the expansion the first day it is available and play it at least 25 times to get throught it! That is, unless. a "quicksave" is incorperated! LOL

Comments from Grin?

Hmmm Thunder Island ???? Is that a new [GR] add on pack...never heard of that one. <_<

OK, Island thunder. Sometimes I don't read so good! :D

I still would like to now if "we" SP players can expect an expansion pack. I think that it would be a "big" seller!

Edited by Rbrad1

' date='Oct 2 2006, 02:43 PM' post='425823']

I bought 2 copies of OGRAW. Paid full price, too. Not that I needed a second copy. It's just that I make enough money of make RocoAFZ blush, and my accountant said I needed to spend some money to offset gains elsewhere (for tax purposes). So, I figured what better way than to support GRIN in the process?

I bought 2 also... one for our server and one for me at 50$ US a copy.

There are 3 official and 5 custom made [GR] coop maps that you can play solo firefight on LAN.

That is great! However, I want "Single player" content. I don't play the MP or coop (yet), so I would like to see something for those of us that play SP.

I think GRiN did a good job on this game, no its not [GR] but i think the single player mode is great overall, and I for one would be willing to pay more for an expansion or even another tatical shooter from the GRiN team.

Sure its a hardware hog, but i bet with a decent enough computer it would look very good indeed with all the bells and whistles turned on, I think the Team should be congratulated on a solid looking games engine.

I wouldnt mind seing some [GR] things back on the SP side, basically all the instant action stuff. Anyone ever just jump on a game for 5 minutes before doing something else ? Good times :) Id love going through the Campaign maps just blowing up and mowing down enemies instead of objectives.

I don't think anyone really expected [GR]. I mean, that game is already out :P LOL

But anyway, IMO this is a sequel of GR2 not [GR]. The console and the PC version chare the same story. The console have four players like it had in GR2.

I know a lot of people wanted rural enviroment but that had already been done in [GR] and GR2. It would probably not go to well for the X360 if they kept the rural enviroment since it would just look like an updated version of GR2. People want variety.

If GRiN had made an updated version of [GR] only the hardcor players would be satisfied.

It's the age of consoles right now. PC have to wait until Vista to get back on track or w/e.

I don't think anyone really expected [GR]. I mean, that game is already out :P LOL

But anyway, IMO this is a sequel of GR2 not [GR]. The console and the PC version chare the same story. The console have four players like it had in GR2.

I know a lot of people wanted rural enviroment but that had already been done in [GR] and GR2. It would probably not go to well for the X360 if they kept the rural enviroment since it would just look like an updated version of GR2. People want variety.

If GRiN had made an updated version of [GR] only the hardcor players would be satisfied.

It's the age of consoles right now. PC have to wait until Vista to get back on track or w/e.

I agree. It is the age of the console. However, when a company takes on a game, or title "Ghost Recon".hat has a HUGE following, we, as a community, need to realise that IT IS the age of the console. GR2 and GRAW were first out on the Xbox and Xbox 360; the PC version was a"port" from those. It used to be that the console games were ported from the PC game (DOOM 3). I don't think there was/is a port for DOOM 3/Resurrection of Evil? If there is, I really haven't paid much attention since I gave up my Xbox. Hence, we are now the "second class" and consoles are "first". Oh, well. I will still play GRAW and any expansion, because I enjoy the game. :D

GR:AW is NOT a port from the console version. :wall:

It "may not" be a port, we don't get as much as the console version, from what I have read. And yes, GRiN developed it from the specs that UBI gave them. However, it was a "port" in that it was given LESS than the console, just like DOOM 3 was a "port "from the PC to the console.

I am not trying to compare apples to oranges. But, I do have an opinion. and that is GR:AW was not give everything in the PC version (smoke grenades, better "cross-com, etc).that is in the Xbox 360 version. Even the introduction for the game where you can choose the "campaign/options/etc, has a Xbox 360 "show" of play from the Xbox 360! :wall:

Again, I have been a vocal supporter of GR:AW. I just believe that the PC gamer is being sent to "second place", because the "Console" is the "here and now". To play most of the new games on a console, you only need a TV. It doesn't need to be HD or a "Big Screen". Where, in the new PC games you need to upgrade your hardware and sometimes your software to be able to play!

Hence my gripe. I think that some of the "publishers" need to see what is being written in these forums (all, not just GRnet.com) Until they do, WE will be left with crumbs and incomplete games. It isn't developer's fault,ala GRiN, but the publishers' fault for not requiring more content and giving the developer enough time and resources to complete the job!

I am tired of people complaining to GRiN for, what I think, is a "job well done". I enjoy the SP game. I really can't comment on the MP, though, for I have never played MP on any of the games I own. :thumbsup:

The only thing that was ported was cheesy video content. Everything else was from scratch using GRin's diesel engine.

I undestand that. However, if the rest of my posts are read (and your answer was before it was posted), maybe it would be understood what I was saying. :D

I think GRiN did a marvolous job with this game! I really enjoy it.

I was actually surprised when i loaded up the demo for the 1st time. After playing Lockdown i thought the tactical Tom Clancy games would cease to exist. GRAW turned it right around, and it was a rock solid game to complete, just like previous titles. Although theres obviously alot different than [GR], i still think the game was the mutts nutts. The graphics were great, the explosions i cant get enough of, the guns feel powerfull (the sniper BOOM always give me a grin), and the apache's coming in and taking out tanks was the icing on the cake. GRIN imo have created a great game in itself, and brought back faith that tactical games exist again :).