If..

Zebb

Any other people are bored, fedup, had enough, cant play etc etc etc of GRAW could they please not bother telling the rest of us that they arent going to be playing anymore.

I'm getting sick and tired of all these negative posts in here, if you have a proper issue with the game and want a resolution so that you can enjoy playing then fair enough, if you just want to have a moan about how lousy you think the game is i dont care anymore, its been done to death, either do as the rest of us do and make the best of it knowing that it will only get better ( i freely admit that i am a COOP only player) or put it down to another life experience and move on for crying out loud.

Thankyou.

Ya I am kind of with you on this one.. I understand it is an open forum and that everyone is entitled to their opinion.. but I just don't get why the same people come in and complain about the same things time and time again, with no constructive criticism or anything helpful to offer..

Honestly, do they not have better things to do with their time? It's a game!!!! Take the dog for a walk, sit on a park bench and look at people walking by, listen to music, watch TV, spend time with your girl friend, wife, husband, boy friend .. or a grab yourself a bottle of Powers or a Guinness/Caffries/Kilkenny .... just do something other then spill the same stuff time and time again...

(By the way Zebb, you know this post is just asking for trouble) I bet all you complainers.. and you know who you are .. that you can't stay out of this post with out some sort of unnecessary remark.. it's to tempting for you..

Agreed, I have never felt compelled to go to any forum for any game that I don't play or like, and I only play games I like, and vent about my dissatisfaction with the game. Why not go to the Armed Assault or Crysis forum and make positive posts there, instead of making negative posts here.

So... given that tact, where should we GR fans "go" precisely, if we have shelved GRAW?

I don't see a "GR4 Forum" open so we can go hold constructive commentary there about a game that might not exist.

I do troll the [GR] forums at the same time, but let's face it, that's not exactly a hot-bed of action, either.

I would submit that if everyone "who felt negatively" about GRAW went away, both in a real sense and we all stopped visiting the Forums, and etherially, and we walked away from GR completely... this site and the GR community as a whole would lose a lot.

Many of us have tried to be constructive... we all have our off moments and I'm known for some I'm sure... but I have always tried to offer a suggestion when I could. I wanted GRAW to be the best possible game, but for many it failed to hit the mark.

So... I guess it comes down to my first question, and it's open for everyone to answer - if we "no longer playing GRAW" folks were to leave you all alone, are we being asked to leave the community as a whole?

Do we create a "Pro-GRAW" forum and an "Anti-GRAW" forum and we're all assigned a home class, from which we can never stray? Sounds pretty stupid to me.

Or, do we all just agree that GRAW isn't a game for everyone... it has appeal but not to a large core of the [GR] fanbase (please read again... I am not trying to say GRAW sucks for everyone.... just many)... and we agree to disagree until a future product comes down the road?

I am NOT for splitting this community. One of the strengths of GR is ... frankly... ALL of us, working together like a dysfunctional family, trying to improve our beloved game.

So... if someone posts a negative comment, don't read it. If someone posts a positive comment, I promise I won't read or comment.

What do you all think?

-jk

Callsign CantWeAllJustGetAlong?

Exactly. I am a fan of GRAW and of [GR]. I think that there have been way too many drag downs and such, though. I know that most the negative comments are to better the game, but there are some who post and just want to be negative about everything. And some of those people don't even play the game!

IMO, if you have played the game, SP. MP COOP, it doesn't matter, then you have a right to comment. If you haven't even played the game...Why bother? >_<

I don't want to see the community split apart but people have the rite to post here without there threads beeing torn apart by people who hate the game ...constructive discusion is one thing sarcastic attacks are something entirely different ...that is something the members who like the game and are trying to work there way threw the problems with it have endured for months now. Yesterday ToW_Angel returned fire and the haters were squaking like mashed owls . That is all this is about at the moment. Seems they think they should have a level of freedom of speech others shouldn't have. The Haters don't dig it when the shoe winds up on the other foot. .....My suggestion : Put an end to the B.S and start putting out a legit effort get along......if ya have posted 10 times why ya hate the game its a pretty good chance that we have heard ya !!!!!!

Exactly. I am a fan of GRAW and of [GR]. I think that there have been way too many drag downs and such, though. I know that most the negative comments are to better the game, but there are some who post and just want to be negative about everything. And some of those people don't even play the game!

IMO, if you have played the game, SP. MP COOP, it doesn't matter, then you have a right to comment. If you haven't even played the game...Why bother? >_<

I definitely agree with that. If you haven't played the game you have no basis for comment. That's not censorship, it's logic.

I don't want to see the community split apart but people have the rite to post here without there threads beeing torn apart by people who hate the game ...constructive discusion is one thing sarcastic attacks are something entirely different ...that is something the members who like the game and are trying to work there way threw the problems with it have endured for months now. Yesterday ToW_Angel returned fire and the haters were squaking like mashed owls . That is all this is about at the moment. Seems they think they should have a level of freedom of speech others shouldn't have. The Haters don't dig it when the shoe winds up on the other foot. .....My suggestion : Put an end to the B.S and start putting out a legit effort get along......if ya have posted 10 times why ya hate the game its a pretty good chance that we have heard ya !!!!!!

:stupid:

Edited by Hockeystick

Yesterday ToW_Angel returned fire and the haters were squaking like mashed owls . That is all this is about at the moment.
That ain't exacly how it went down, but that's neither here nor there. I think the OP was addressing people that post that they are not going to play GRAW anymore. If so, then I agree.

As for sarcasm, most of it is warranted since the forums would otherwise be as exciting as reading stock quotes. Oh, and before anyone misunderstands my perspective, I am a fan of GRAW, and Grin.

' date='Sep 22 2006, 02:13 PM' post='423086']

Yesterday ToW_Angel returned fire and the haters were squaking like mashed owls . That is all this is about at the moment.
That ain't exacly how it went down, but that's neither here nor there. I think the OP was addressing people that post that they are not going to play GRAW anymore. If so, then I agree.

As for sarcasm, most of it is warranted since the forums would otherwise be as exciting as reading stock quotes. Oh, and before anyone misunderstands my perspective, I am a fan of GRAW, and Grin.

DING !! DING !! DING !! WE HAVE A WINNA !!!

First off, Angel gave as much as she got. She was rude, callous and insensitive just as much as others were with her. The online world is really no different from the real world, you still have to have a thick skin, hell, more so than in the real world. I would expect most people aren't as outspoken in real life as they are on an online forum.

Why is this thread really any different from a thread stating "I don't like GRAW" ? I tired of people telling me why they hate GRAW, stop posting about it, BOO HOOO HOOOOOOO.

If there wasn't anything to complain about, someone would surely start a thread complaining about that.

Have a damn good day now !!!

"So, what you're saying is, that I write poetry because, beneath this cold, callous exterior, I just... want to be loved?" ... "THROW THEM OFF THE SHIP!" -some Vogon

(I liked the poem he read, too)

I believe tht the OP was more pointed at the folks who would consistently (not pointing any fingers here) just post I HATE THIS GAME, and I'M MICROWAVING MY COPY TOO CUZ MOM WOULDN'T LET ME GO TO THAT LAST LAN PARTY... Thos who don't like the game, or quite frankly hate it, regardless of whether they're [GR] fans or have never touched it, still have much to offer the lot of us. They still have their own unique perspectives and observations on the game, and its various technical intricacies. What they point out as faults could still be used by someone to improve the game. SO...

"I don't like GRAW because the draw distance is WAY too short and I can't climb over a 1-foot hedgerow." seems a welcomed negative opinion, as opposed to...

"I HATE GRAW! IT TOUCHED ME WHERE MY BATHING SUIT COVERS!" (repeated in every single topic at least twice), which does no one any good.

For the record, GRAW denies having ever touched anyone inappropraitely, and sincerely believes it's ok to share it's bed with children and drink wine with them...

Enough. I need a beer..............

"So, what you're saying is, that I write poetry because, beneath this cold, callous exterior, I just... want to be loved?" ... "THROW THEM OFF THE SHIP!" -some Vogon

(I liked the poem he read, too)

I believe tht the OP was more pointed at the folks who would consistently (not pointing any fingers here) just post I HATE THIS GAME, and I'M MICROWAVING MY COPY TOO CUZ MOM WOULDN'T LET ME GO TO THAT LAST LAN PARTY... Thos who don't like the game, or quite frankly hate it, regardless of whether they're [GR] fans or have never touched it, still have much to offer the lot of us. They still have their own unique perspectives and observations on the game, and its various technical intricacies. What they point out as faults could still be used by someone to improve the game. SO...

"I don't like GRAW because the draw distance is WAY too short and I can't climb over a 1-foot hedgerow." seems a welcomed negative opinion, as opposed to...

"I HATE GRAW! IT TOUCHED ME WHERE MY BATHING SUIT COVERS!" (repeated in every single topic at least twice), which does no one any good.

For the record, GRAW denies having ever touched anyone inappropraitely, and sincerely believes it's ok to share it's bed with children and drink wine with them...

Enough. I need a beer..............

Michael Jackson fan? :mellow:

So... given that tact, where should we GR fans "go" precisely, if we have shelved GRAW?

I don't see a "GR4 Forum" open so we can go hold constructive commentary there about a game that might not exist.

I do troll the [GR] forums at the same time, but let's face it, that's not exactly a hot-bed of action, either.

I would submit that if everyone "who felt negatively" about GRAW went away, both in a real sense and we all stopped visiting the Forums, and etherially, and we walked away from GR completely... this site and the GR community as a whole would lose a lot.

Many of us have tried to be constructive... we all have our off moments and I'm known for some I'm sure... but I have always tried to offer a suggestion when I could. I wanted GRAW to be the best possible game, but for many it failed to hit the mark.

So... I guess it comes down to my first question, and it's open for everyone to answer - if we "no longer playing GRAW" folks were to leave you all alone, are we being asked to leave the community as a whole?

Do we create a "Pro-GRAW" forum and an "Anti-GRAW" forum and we're all assigned a home class, from which we can never stray? Sounds pretty stupid to me.

Or, do we all just agree that GRAW isn't a game for everyone... it has appeal but not to a large core of the [GR] fanbase (please read again... I am not trying to say GRAW sucks for everyone.... just many)... and we agree to disagree until a future product comes down the road?

I am NOT for splitting this community. One of the strengths of GR is ... frankly... ALL of us, working together like a dysfunctional family, trying to improve our beloved game.

So... if someone posts a negative comment, don't read it. If someone posts a positive comment, I promise I won't read or comment.

What do you all think?

-jk

Callsign CantWeAllJustGetAlong?

I've said this point several times before. One of the only reasons for the level of "hater" participation is that there is no other next best competing alternative.

Plenty of run-n-gun games out there. Not that many recent true tactical games, ala GR1.