GRAW Rules!

MadMike

Dear All,

After having waited from back when GRAW came out until now, it was finally time to start playing GRAW CO-OP!

The plan was to handpick 4 CO-OP players and wait until GRAW was stable enough to enjoy. That day was yesterday where 3 buddies and I got together and played through the first 2 SP missions in CO-OP.

I must say that it was some of the best fun we have had in CO-OP for quite a while. We have just finished playing the complete GR+DS+IT and SWAT4+expansion and we felt GRAW was on par with these great titles.

The graphics is great (although TOO HEAVY!), the sound is great, the enemy AI is great and the gameplay is great. The game just "felt" right and we really had to play tactical to beat the enemy AI at Hard.

So the only thing we were missing badly were respawns. If we had 1-2 respawns, we would have been able to enjoy the game at a higher difficulty level (Hardcore), which would have been fun.

So all in all we are very satisfied with GRAW and are looking forward to next week where the Ghosts will go clean up in Mexico City again.

Thanks for a great game GRIN! Looking forward to any expansions.

:) MadMike

PS. If you just want to bash UBI/GRIN/GRAW (again), this thread is not for you. Go start your own!

So the only thing we were missing badly were respawns.

I wasn't aware there were respawns in life, I must have missed that in the manual. :P

Dear Skratte,

I have some information that might come as shock to you...

GRAW is not Real Life! GRAW is a computer game, primarily made for people to have fun with!

:rolleyes: MadMike

Glad to hear you both enjoy it...

That's what me and a few of my pals do as well.

Other game modes you might like as well are the Firefight mode and recon.. Firefight is good for a little friendly competetion or to get you ready for CO-OP. See who ca get the most tango's with the least amount of deaths (Firefight).. or who can get to the extraction point first ...

Just some idea's...

I do also find GRAW a very good game at the moment (the new GL bug is a minor flaw though). I am currently trying to scrounge the usable parts of my old clan together to start laddering. I hope more and more players will start to play, now that laddering actually is possible.

So the only thing we were missing badly were respawns.

I wasn't aware there were respawns in life, I must have missed that in the manual. :P

Dear Skratte,

I have some information that might come as shock to you...

GRAW is not Real Life! GRAW is a computer game, primarily made for people to have fun with!

:rolleyes: MadMike

Skratte is saying that it's funny that people want super realism then want respawns. it's like wanting a Dodge Viper that is slow.

Hhmm....dont see where he asked for super realism....he just wished there was more respawns in the GAME.
I agree. Since when is it that if someone wants a good GAME, they need to sacrifice realistic movement, physics, and graphics. Using that logic, the realism = simulation fans should not be content with no respawns. They should demand that upon death of their character their computer spontaneously combust and burn their house down. (Now I'm gonna get it about not understanding :santa: <- Doesn't really apply, but it's not used nearly enough:))

Unfortunately I have only played with uncooperative kids. You know, teamleader runs away and leaves everyone behind, no teamwork, he dies then the rest dies and I have to do everything myself and since it's not to easy to work on my own I usualy die too <_<

Like you wish for in BF2 you wish for serious teammates in GRAW.

Unfortunately I have only played with uncooperative kids. You know, teamleader runs away and leaves everyone behind, no teamwork, he dies then the rest dies and I have to do everything myself and since it's not to easy to work on my own I usualy die too <_<

Like you wish for in BF2 you wish for serious teammates in GRAW.

I agree. When I'm TL and we get close to the end I try to hang back and allow teammates to spawn on me. Although, it is easy to squad jump in GRAW; Easier than BF2.

Now if I could just respawn my AI teammies in SP and COOP, it would all make SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want a Neon with a Viper motor that says "FORD" on it...

And stock wheels off a '82 Chevrolet Chevette. Those were sexy...

If you're having a problem with teamwork, you really need to find a team to play with. Even if it's just playing friendlies alongside someone like BDA, who've always got tons of their team online each night and on TS. Having good comms is a MUST, as it was in [GR].

THAT much never changed......

^^^^^^^^^BINGO !!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well, Skratte - sure didn't want to sound harsh there (only sarcastic) :) but as Postal said, I dont want super realism - I just want have fun when playing games and I think GRAW has achieved that.

I am glad also to hear that others have enjoyed 4 player CO-OP.

I am very fortunate to have 3 ex-army buddies living relatively close to me. So every Wednesday after work they pack their cars with computers and head for my place for 6 hours of CO-OP fun. We all like to try to apply real-life tactics to the tactical games we play and GRAW, I think, lets us do that just fine.

I really think that CO-OP is an overseen feature in many games and a feature with the potential for great fun. We have had so many fantastic CO-OP moments in both Tactical FPS and Tactical RTS games.

With regards to respawns. I know that there are as many oppinions about respawns as there are players, but all I want is the OPTION. Then everyone could have it just the way they want :)

At last even me and my fellow clan mates can enjoy GRAW. We're all inte the [GR] Recon mode and are having a blast with it. (And we've got the respawns set to 5)

At the moment we play two evening a week (to old and to much family to play more often) and we enjoy every monent without disconnections or any other irritating bugs.

Now we only have to wait for the great GR.net mod community to get their [GR]-maps done since the three included maps gets to familiar quite fast.

Go GRIN! Go GRAW! Go GR.net Map-modders! :D

Some friends and I (three total) have now started an unserious clan for BF2, even tho I'm not really playing BF2 and one of them are more into WoW( :x ) there will only be one dude playing :P

Anyway, I hope they would start playing GRAW and our clan name is Daggadaggadaggadaggadagga... [DGA]. Why Dagga? Well it explains "chopper attack" pretty well.

Edited by Hockeystick

Some friends and I (three total) have now started an unserious clan for BF2, even tho I'm not really playing BF2 and one of them are more into WoW( :x ) there will only be one dude playing :P

Anyway, I hope they would start playing GRAW and our clan name is Daggadaggadaggadaggadagga... [DGA]. Why Dagga? Well it explains "chopper attack" pretty well.

So you've started a clan with 3 ppl which all plays different games? :unsure:

I really hope that you can turn the other two into hardcore GRAW fans even though sthe step from WoW to GRAW seems a bit big :D If you don't succeed you're welcome to our GRAW [GR]-coop evenings :o=

edit: we use TS for voicecom and chatter in Swedish

With regards to respawns. I know that there are as many oppinions about respawns as there are players, but all I want is the OPTION. Then everyone could have it just the way they want
I have to agree. Most of the matches I've played in any co-op game have been instant respawn. You have to find the "hardcore" servers in order to have norespawn or "teamrespawn" where the whole team has to die before you respawn. And often, the servers will even have the word teamrespawn or teamplay right in their name.

By far, I prefer norespawn/teamrespawn but then again I'm one of those guys who chews glass and puts on grease paint before every online match (that was a joke...sort of). :brucelee:

But most of my online gaming consists of me and one gaming buddy in co-op and for us to do norespawn is nuts because we'll spend most of our time either sitting out or playing solo. But with more than two players, norespawn can be awesome. It definitely should be a server option in any tactical shooter game.

But most of my online gaming consists of me and one gaming buddy in co-op and for us to do norespawn is nuts because we'll spend most of our time either sitting out or playing solo. But with more than two players, norespawn can be awesome. It definitely should be a server option in any tactical shooter game.

My thoughts exactly. When we play, we play to have fun. And its not fun when one or two players have to sit and wait 30-50 minutes for the others to die or complete the mission. In GR1 (which I played in CO-OP this weekend), we know that we have 2 lives. This means that you start playing very openly and when you die the first time you switch into stealth sneaky mode to avoid getting killed a second time :)

In GRAW, knowing that you only have one life, everyone is in stealthy sneaky mode from the start, and no one wants to take point and take any chances risking to be left out for the remainder of the game. So a respawn option would really open up the gameplay for us and enhance the fun.

BTW. Has there ever been any discussion/information of putting the respawn option into the GRAW CO-OP SP missions? I know that it is in the new 3 GRAW [GR] CO-OP missions.