Something I feel is missing...

I've noticed that all the players look exactly the same in MP...

It would be an excellent addon that allowed you to change what your character looks like and even the sex of the character...

I saw in one graphic where it showed a female character, which I heard was in the X-Box, but not the PC... I have looked through the XML's and came across "Kim". Is this the female character?

I have to admit that I'm slightly disappointed in not having a female character in GR:AW PC.

Is this something that we can get added? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE?

the all uniform mitchell look is kinda stupid

a server full of mitchells could be better filled with brownies and allens

(i do not like kirkland :P)

as for a female caracter i would love it, but i think that would more be a thing for an add on mission pack expansion thingy because of the work that might be involved

but it would be nice to have a skin pool so that you could be NOT the same as everyone else

(also goes for mex skins, would love to walk like mex rebel in tiger stripe)

It would be an excellent addon that allowed you to change what your character looks like and even the sex of the character...

I saw in one graphic where it showed a female character, which I heard was in the X-Box, but not the PC... I have looked through the XML's and came across "Kim". Is this the female character?

I have to admit that I'm slightly disappointed in not having a female character in GR:AW PC.

Yeah I read a Tips and Tricks book for the 360 version and there was a female mentioned in one of the missions. Can't directly quote the paragraph, but there is one there.

What about the ability for people to create their own custom uniforms? Similar to how in RVS you could create your own armpatches to signify yourself or your clan. Not sure what this would take from GRIN's point of view and the players, but I think it would add some spice to the game, seeing what crazy @$$ stuff people would come up with.

Kim is actually Mike Kim, a sniper from GR2 I believe. Just like Salavtore (from Shanty Town?) is Nick Salvatore. I do agree though, bring out the females such as Alicia Diaz and Jennifer Burke!

Edited by Nutlink

I agree, I think this is sad too, and strange since the game come from Swedish devs...Sweden is known for strong equality between genders.

[GR] had many excellent female players and I think they deserv some female characters :thumbsup:

in TVT it's hard to do and I don't think you really pay attention to the other player's face or body, so instead it's better to eliminate all individual personalization...

actually I'm on for armpatches (to pump the concept of team over individuals) and something to de-personalize the player (a face mask for the ghosts)

in coop however personalization should rule and it's a joke to mod it..

PS: I also tried to put a female head on mitchell and she looked ok even on a male body but with a few tweaks she could look perfect (yup with boobs :shifty: )

EDIT: FOR THE MODERATOR - plz look before moving a thread from a reserved area to a general area, I had to remove beta's stuff from my post :)

Edited by DiGiTALY -TC-

in TVT it's hard to do and I don't think you really pay attention to the other player's face or body, so instead it's better to eliminate all individual personalization...

actually I'm on for armpatches (to pump the concept of team over individuals) and something to de-personalize the player (a face mask for the ghosts)

PS: I also tried to put a female head on mitchell and she looked ok even on a male body but with a few tweaks she could look perfect (yup with boobs :shifty: )

EDIT: FOR THE MODERATOR - plz look before moving a thread from a reserved area to a general area, I had to remove beta's stuff from my post :)

In GRAW one the soldiers do not all look like the Captain - that is if you have played the SP mode of course.

On the part with a female character we decided to stick with the so far realistic doctrine that there are no females in the US Special Forces. As always staying true to realism is a trade off.

In GRAW one the soldiers do not all look like the Captain - that is if you have played the SP mode of course.

On the part with a female character we decided to stick with the so far realistic doctrine that there are no females in the US Special Forces. As always staying true to realism is a trade off.

thanks for the reply and clearing this up

very much appriciate it :)

but i and many others still hope there is room for a female caracter in the future

(i don't want to but can't stop myself...) like in [GR] (so sorry about that)

as for realisme, it is a reality that a lot of us do like female caracters

and there are realistic work arounds to that,

in mp we all are mitchell's as far as i know :( (correct me if i am wrong, please do )

I don't know about females, but having different caracters, different hights (ofcourse that would chop down the mexicans "tallness" lol :P ) would be very realistic and would add a wow factor to the game... but I don't think that right now that should be a priority.

I defenately agree that uniform customization would be a great addition to GRAW. Some advantages of this below:

1. Spices the game up and keeps people playing longer.

2. Gives unit pride to various clans, which will eventually promote clan battles. (esprit de corps baby!)

3. Integrates female players to the game.

4. Allows modders to change uniforms for various units. No longer will it just be "Americans vs Mexicans. You can be Canadian or French Forigen Legion, or even Iraqi Army, ect.

5. Remember the Sniper uniform?...completly different and cool.

6. I remember back in [GR] that there was one mod to where you could have a whole bunch of different uniforms, from Sniper, Ranger, SEAL, ect. Like I said earlier....keeps the game "spicey" hehe.

Just want to add....GRIN you are doing a great job and I really respect that you guys are taking your time to read these forums every day to allow us to give our input. Keep it up!

Edited by durka-durka*BDA*

It's funny--har har--to go thru these threads sometimes and see what ppl want, or expect, from this game. GRIN is not the first, nor will the be the last, dev to futz up mulitplayer. The thing that constantly amazes me, with GRIN & GRAW, Gearbox & Halo, Dice & BF2, on and on, is: sometimes it seems as if they've created the online portion in a vacuum, as if they've never played a mp shooter. Now, none of the games I picked out are bad, necessarily (go ahead and make ur case for BF2 if you like), but critcial things are missing that really defy common sense. You could prolly list them for me; I don't need to, right?

iD was banging on this stuff before most of today's devs saw a naked breast other than their mother's. Go back and look, learn. For example, as related to this thread, I wouldn't even want to guess how many custom skins there are for Quake 2. Why could that be? Bc ppl like to make and use custom skins?! :o

I dunno why this stuff isn't provided, it's not as if it wouldn't help the $ flow. Maybe it's deadlines. Maybe it's too difficult for some people. I can't figure it out. But I can figure that I don't like it.

Thanks for the sig, Peace. :)

Edited by Mopap

I am honestly surprised that character personalization isn't a major factor in ALL games like this where you play as a character. I remember Tiger Woods 2004 where you could personalize your golfer and what a HUGE hit that was, and most people aren't asking for that much detail. Just put a .tga file in a folder, go in game select said picture for patch and viola you have personal patches. As far as facial customization this SHOULD be the norm for all games like thsi, I mean obviously it is a doable thing.

Kim is actually Mike Kim, a sniper from GR2 I believe. Just like Salavtore (from Shanty Town?) is Nick Salvatore. I do agree though, bring out the females such as Alicia Diaz and Jennifer Burke!

And at the onset of the Strong Point mission, when the general ("bear") is reading off the seven key zones of engagement, he mentions a Jennifer (Burke or Burton- I've got Artillery Ear). That's PC version, dudes and dudettes. I smell expansion...