Leaky Leaky

Why do you say "obviously, as there is an NDA".. I'm participating in the current Beta, and there is no NDA in place. I agree people participating should not discuss specifics, mostly because it can cause confusion when things change. But you really should not assume that what someone is saying is in violation of an agreement that you have not seen.

Now do you want to ask if I think UBI was smart in releasing this w/o any NDA or request for control of discussion, that is a another topic.

what is all the hush hush about. this is all stupid to me. I paid $50.00 to play hush hush? Howbout ending the kiddie ###### & finish the game.

Because something they may put in the Beta which people wanted may not make it through the testing process. That might cause people who were not involved in the testing process who have no clue as to what happened to start another round of complaining over why it was removed. (just guessing) :whistle:

As a paying customer I too think the 'exclusive' and excluding nature of the beta is rather below the basement. Hand picking your audience is most likely to get you the kind of answers you were looking for in the first place, not necessarily the best evaluation of what you're doing.

sadeyes.gif

As a paying customer I too think the 'exclusive' and excluding nature of the beta is rather below the basement. Hand picking your audience is most likely to get you the kind of answers you were looking for in the first place, not necessarily the best evaluation of what you're doing.

sadeyes.gif

Actually, as best I can tell. Unlike any prior beta tests (which probably had NDAs associated with them), this one has actually gathered in a large enough collection of diverse testers to provide decent feedback and evaluation. The process has been quite poorly executed (IMHO), and there has been little feedback from anyone in the ubi/dev group regarding the vast majority of the reported problems.

At them moment, my take on this is that there has been some progress made on GRAW, but I continue to look forward to Armed Assault -- you figure the rest out :rolleyes:

Well my objection stands: the testers were hand picked, it's obviously not an open or blind ß test. All well and fine, it's Ubi's franchise to burn to the ground, customers to estrange, and game to build the way they see fit; but I think they're forgetting where the money is coming from...

Ditto's on Armed Assault; but that makes me a little sad as I still love these games, some of the Fans -- and think the Clancy Fan base and all that means will contract dramatically once Armed Assault is out... Of course I could be wrong, and hope I am but Ubi has burned a lot of bridges and continues to do so at a furious pace...

sadeyes.gif

Edited by Waika

I paid for this game twice! Three times if you count the 360 version. And all I really want from the beta thing right now is the weapon mod tutorials or 3d refrence files so I can get some work done this long weekend. Would have been great timing, but I guess it's not going to happen. :( Still, better to not have any of that stuff leaked(look what happened with RainbowSix3). And I'm sure they want to have a big announcement and all when it's done. The easy solution would be to just let us all join though hahahahhahaha <--------maniacal sad laugher. :flowers:

what is all the hush hush about. this is all stupid to me. I paid $50.00 to play hush hush? Howbout ending the kiddie ###### & finish the game.

Beta testing a patch is not kiddie stuff.....constantly whining about it's release....IS. Have some patience. A more open beta (like this one) tends to be more bug-free, but generally requires more time to release.

I'd rather the patches and SADS be tested properly and not rushed. :)

We did some good testing on SADS files, and I'll make sure the comments will be passed thrugh <_<

As stated by others, it's a beta, things change constantly and some features may not make it in. What if we said certain features are there that for some reason have to be removed? There would be an uproar of calling people liars, the feeling of being cheated, things like that, and obviously nobody wants that (well, except maybe an anarchist). Besides, beta testing IS finishing the game, as you so ariculately stated, whether you like it or not.

What you paid $50 for was the vanilla version of the game. Mods, user made maps, and map packs/patches are all just free extras. Or would you rather have the console way of doing things and paying another $10 for extra content?

sadeyes.gif

Let me say this as a Beta tester and I'll exclude myself here.... From what I've seen, the people that Beta Tested over these last 4 days, are some of the BEST if not THE BEST that play this game... So, I wouldn't worry about not getting the BEST evaluation on this.... They knew what they were doing and submitted their thoughts, so all can enjoy this game for years to come...

And remember, the testing done was to not only submit new ideas but also help to debug it... And I for one want to thank everyone involved.... They did an Exceptional job...

Edited by Stormin

Well my objection stands: the testers were hand picked, it's obviously not an open or blind ß test. All well and fine, it's Ubi's franchise to burn to the ground, customers to estrange, and game to build the way they see fit; but I think they're forgetting where the money is coming from...

Ditto's on Armed Assault; but that makes me a little sad as I still love these games, some of the Fans -- and think the Clancy Fan base and all that means will contract dramatically once Armed Assault is out... Of course I could be wrong, and hope I am but Ubi has burned a lot of bridges and continues to do so at a furious pace...

sadeyes.gif

I disagree with you. I think the handpicking is a good thing and I would do that myself if I were UBI/GRIN.

I like to think that the childish whiners was NOT picked for the testing and thats good. I wouldn't want these people to have a saying on my future COOP playing, thank you very much.

Hopefully UBI/GRIN picked open-minded and experienced people for this test. People who are able to see beyond the tip of their own little nose and focus on whats relevant for the majority of the COOP players.

Well my objection stands: the testers were hand picked, it's obviously not an open or blind ß test.

This was a well advertised OPEN beta, there was no "hand picking" going on (that I know about anyway), other than perhaps to make sure that applicants actually had computers that could run the game. Perhaps there was a limited number so there was a cut off point after a certain number. The notion that people were "hand picked" though, is giving the publisher a little more credit than they are due, wouldn't that be a turn around too.

The only people that never got in to my knowledge, either (1) never sent in valid Ubi logins or (2) were the victim or beta teething issues.

Is "game over" when team leader dies? If that isn't changed the the game will be done with. I like the game but....

I sure hope madden doesn't upgrade next years game with a QB sacked game over.

If you've been keeping up with the rant here, you'd know that has changed...

I knew I would be called a whiner on this subject but I still think this is crap. I had to wait 6 years for the game...fine....I had to buy A new graphics card for $350.00....fine.....then i get the game & it's not GR & I have to wait for it to be made into GR.....not fine. I paid $50.00 for a headache. Hey I like good graphics but if the gameplay isn't there then what good is it? Don't get me wrong...Loved the SP (needed firefight & recon) but it was fun to beat the missions. This game will never give me the joy that R6 Rogue Spear or [GR] did.

My friends that I got to buy [GR] & played direct IP with say they won't buy GRAW cause they don't want the headache. Some people may be into buying unfinished products & testing & testing. Hey that's fine but I'm a player not a tester. I didn't have to test [GR]. A couple of patches & that's it. It was great out of the box....I got the patches to be able to play with other players who had the patch. I'm gonna try this allied asault people are talking about. hopefully it is a finished product with a couple of bugs to patch.

I noticed today that while waiting in few coop servers for the last player that some of the beta testers are leaking information to others. not naming any names but is this right or wrong.

I don't know but...........Pist.. :whistle: A little birdy told a guy who told me that:-

Hand signals are coming.. :bs:

I knew I would be called a whiner on this subject but I still think this is crap. I had to wait 6 years for the game...fine....I had to buy A new graphics card for $350.00....fine.....then i get the game & it's not GR & I have to wait for it to be made into GR.....not fine. I paid $50.00 for a headache. Hey I like good graphics but if the gameplay isn't there then what good is it? Don't get me wrong...Loved the SP (needed firefight & recon) but it was fun to beat the missions. This game will never give me the joy that R6 Rogue Spear or [GR] did.

My friends that I got to buy [GR] & played direct IP with say they won't buy GRAW cause they don't want the headache. Some people may be into buying unfinished products & testing & testing. Hey that's fine but I'm a player not a tester. I didn't have to test [GR]. A couple of patches & that's it. It was great out of the box....I got the patches to be able to play with other players who had the patch. I'm gonna try this allied asault people are talking about. hopefully it is a finished product with a couple of bugs to patch.

I thought [GR] came out 5 years ago! How could you be waiting 6 years for this one?

As of waiting for this game to be made into GR, well...i think you might as well move onto another game. This is not and never will be [GR]. Im kinda glad about that because whats the point in making the same game twice? Have fun with allied assault!

The lack of an NDA was probably a strategic decision. They knew what features they were working on, and a little leaking is good publicity. GRiN knows this. And managing NDAs is a pain in the butt. Its costly beaurocracy and it slows everything down. Unless you REALLY need it (like pre release) why bother.

Did i just hear the poster remark that somehow GRiN is culpable for his personal decision to spend $350 on a video card? Whatever happened to personal choice and individual reponsability? Some people try to sue the governemnt when they trip and sprain their ankle on the goverment owned downtown sidewalks. Some people just realize they chose to walk there and took their own risk. All anyone had to do was wait for about 3 days after release to get a feel for the issues. I would say about 95% of the major issues people feel badly about were evident in the first 100 posts after release.

Take all the time you need GRiN. I'm 50 bucks and many months into this now. so a few more weeks to get what I want is nothing. Get it right guys. We are all coutning on you.

Finally, they most certainly did not pick fanbois. look at some of the posts of old by some of the beta testers. Those were not their biggest fans....... This test seems to me to be a great cross section of the forum base (critics and fans)

Sleepdoc