New Weapons

Has there been any mention of updating the current weapon selection for GR:AW? I do enjoy the game, however, the current selection is losing it's luster. I am not advising to add a selection to that of HX5 but just some new ones would be great.

I could almost swear that I've seen posted in herre before where new weapons are out of the question, per the publisher's insistence. Don't quote me. It would take a day or two of seearching through the most recent two dozen pages of topics, and I'd like to get a life this weekend....

True. I think we could have used a second LMG and sniper rifle option.

There are two different ASSAULT RIFLES.

There are two different CARBINES.

There are two different PISTOLS.

There are two different SMGs.

That's at least SOME choice for the commander for outfitting. But...

There is only ONE LMG.

There is only ONE SNIPER RIFLE.

I don't always need that big, heavy M99 on allen's back. There are times I'd rather he carry a lighter rifle and have something worthwhile for door-to-door death sales. To do that with the M99 and MP5SD means the poor dude is gonna run out of breath after five meters of running! Same for Brown. I'd think a SAW (5.56mm, the Mod 0 paratrooper type) would be an option for keeping his pack a little lighter when I don't need him to cut down the enemy's fences. Poor dude is sweatin' like a greased pig in the Mexico heat carrying all that weight.

Sure, those two weapons are like MAD firepower. There are times when they're the most appropriate weapons I can find. But there are times also when I'd so just as well for my sniper to be carrying a PSG-1 (thanks for the suggestion) or even M24 or M42. Who needs that 1800 meter range? The only real advantage of the M99 is the limited penetration capability of the round, and I don't always need that. There are other ways of skinning the .50HMG cat, and I almost ALWAYS use them. Sometimes it's good to have that rifle, and sometimes I really wish we had a choice of something else...

Whether or not there is an expansion pack with new weapons in the immediate future for those interested in a little variety I suggest checking out the GR:AW/Weapon Modding section. Something tells me that there is going to be an additional option in the inventory not far off.

There is only ONE LMG.

I don't always need that big, heavy M99 on allen's back. There are times I'd rather he carry a lighter rifle and have something worthwhile for door-to-door death sales. To do that with the M99 and MP5SD means the poor dude is gonna run out of breath after five meters of running! Same for Brown. I'd think a SAW (5.56mm, the Mod 0 paratrooper type) would be an option for keeping his pack a little lighter when I don't need him to cut down the enemy's fences. Poor dude is sweatin' like a greased pig in the Mexico heat carrying all that weight.

Sure, those two weapons are like MAD firepower. There are times when they're the most appropriate weapons I can find. But there are times also when I'd so just as well for my sniper to be carrying a PSG-1 (thanks for the suggestion) or even M24 or M42. Who needs that 1800 meter range? The only real advantage of the M99 is the limited penetration capability of the round, and I don't always need that. There are other ways of skinning the .50HMG cat, and I almost ALWAYS use them. Sometimes it's good to have that rifle, and sometimes I really wish we had a choice of something else...

download my mod on this site

how about that rocket launcher for MP! make it slow and heavy, but i think it's essential to GR style gameplay.

Please tell me there's a sarcasm emote in there, somewhere. Splash damage from grenade launchers alone is quickly murdering my enjoyment of the game; I feel like GRAW MP (at least HH) has become little more than a graphically superior version of that old game where you have two cannons and you have to adjust your firing angle before the other guy does.

how about that rocket launcher for MP! make it slow and heavy, but i think it's essential to GR style gameplay.

Please tell me there's a sarcasm emote in there, somewhere. Splash damage from grenade launchers alone is quickly murdering my enjoyment of the game; I feel like GRAW MP (at least HH) has become little more than a graphically superior version of that old game where you have two cannons and you have to adjust your firing angle before the other guy does.

no, i wasn't being sarcastic. your reaction is understandable though. infinite respawns + small map = frustration. notice that on the Com Station map, people rarely ever use the GL, because it's not as simple controlling the shot at longer ranges. that's when snipers/campers become a problem. those towers provide excellent cover for a spawn camper and overlook the entire spawn area. you could try to get a nade in there, but you have to either get close or waste a couple of respawns on getting the aim just right. a rocket launcher would come in very handy in those situations, don't you agree?

also, unlimited respawn HH games are only popular among the fresh players. if that's your game, i feel sorry for you. it could be fun for a few hours, a couple of days even, but eventually people do switch to _normal_ games, as in those with limited deaths. that's when your firepower becomes less important, and it comes down to teamwork and strategy. you should try it, though there hasn't been a lot of server choices for that type of play lately. everyone's waiting for the final patch, i guess...

on a side note, try to remember what [GR] infinite spawn games on Day Docks were like, and tell me why GRAW should be any different. we just need better maps, better servers and... i need my M136!

There is only ONE LMG.

Perfectly said and good choices. The PSG-1 is already in as far as I can tell thats the OPFOR's Sniper Rifle, so that seems rather simple to put in.

no, i wasn't being sarcastic. your reaction is understandable though. infinite respawns + small map = frustration. notice that on the Com Station map, people rarely ever use the GL, because it's not as simple controlling the shot at longer ranges. that's when snipers/campers become a problem. those towers provide excellent cover for a spawn camper and overlook the entire spawn area. you could try to get a nade in there, but you have to either get close or waste a couple of respawns on getting the aim just right. a rocket launcher would come in very handy in those situations, don't you agree?

also, unlimited respawn HH games are only popular among the fresh players. if that's your game, i feel sorry for you. it could be fun for a few hours, a couple of days even, but eventually people do switch to _normal_ games, as in those with limited deaths. that's when your firepower becomes less important, and it comes down to teamwork and strategy. you should try it, though there hasn't been a lot of server choices for that type of play lately. everyone's waiting for the final patch, i guess...

on a side note, try to remember what [GR] infinite spawn games on Day Docks were like, and tell me why GRAW should be any different. we just need better maps, better servers and... i need my M136!

I don't think unlimited respawns is necessarily such a large part of the equation; in a limited respawn situation, you simply get naded a few times (instead of an indeterminate amount), then watch for 5 minutes as the last few players duke it out. Not as 'frustrating', but monotonous, nonetheless. For the record, I avoided Day Docks like the plague, because it played the way it did. I could see where the rocket launcher could come in handy, I guess I'm just lamenting the fact that in unorganized play, GRAW seems to be much less about, well, anything other than explosions.

ah, "scorched earth"! just the game we had in mind when designing graw! well spotted!:)

and off the record, im not a big fan of those grenadespammers either , they have ruined my mojo more than once! :)

I don't think unlimited respawns is necessarily such a large part of the equation; in a limited respawn situation, you simply get naded a few times (instead of an indeterminate amount), then watch for 5 minutes as the last few players duke it out. Not as 'frustrating', but monotonous, nonetheless. For the record, I avoided Day Docks like the plague, because it played the way it did. I could see where the rocket launcher could come in handy, I guess I'm just lamenting the fact that in unorganized play, GRAW seems to be much less about, well, anything other than explosions.

nevertheless, Day Docks was one of the most played MP maps back in the days. now if we take Embassy, for example, a Siege game was very much about explosives, more than anything else, yet still quite enjoyable.

a big part of the problem with GRAW's GL is in how quick you can fire it with pinpoint accuracy. it is realistic though. too bad realism and online FPS gaming aren't on the best terms... that's not to say it could never work between the two. the balance in GR was great due to the original crosshair system. if you were not slowly walking or stopped, you might as well throw kittens at your opponents. neither rifles nor GL were effective with a bloomed ret. Raven Shield has used the same system, only faster, because of the nature of the gameplay.

Advanced Warfighter is so advanced, it ignores the basics. i blame games like COD and BF series for the wide acceptance of such weapons behavior. the only thing the devs could do for us was give us a weaponless sprint mode. not enough, imho. it is probably too late to bring in fundamental changes into GRAW at this point, but here's to hope. the group that originally beta-tested GRAW was apparently made up of "the younger generation" for the most part.

by the way, i firmly beilieve that this deviation from the original crosshair-controlled bullet spread behavior in GRAW resulted in the majority of GR junkies abandoning the game. anyway, maybe not all is lost yet... the upcoming beta test might finally open GRIN's eyes on what's wrong with this sequel to a great game.

I've always been upset when you use your iron sight/scope/red dot and still have retbloom. I'm sorry but your shot just doesn't deviate that much when using the sights.

I like that they have setup where when you zoom the round goes in the same place every time (variation of moa would be nice) but I strongly feel that the sight should drift quite a bit depending on your stance.

Standing up the sight should sway quite a bit and make it difficult to keep your aim on target at a distance. crouched should be slightly less and laying down should be minimal.

This is similar to a retbloom but if you are lined up with your iron sight/red dot/scope the round should go wherever you have the dot/crosshair pointed when you fire.

Yep the deviation from the GR bullet spread reticule was a drastic change, and it took a while to get used to.

However, now I think the GR reticule should have been removed totally. The moving dots of the reticule feels laggy and do not actually reflect the actuall bullet spread. Firing 'from the hip' is far mora accurate than the reticule indicate.

And the reticule should in either way absolutely not be there when you are running or close to a wall (when the gun is dropped).

I think removing the reticule totally would be a nice server side option (realism)...

but I strongly feel that the sight should drift quite a bit depending on your stance.

Standing up the sight should sway quite a bit and make it difficult to keep your aim on target at a distance. crouched should be slightly less and laying down should be minimal.

Agreed

I've always been upset when you use your iron sight/scope/red dot and still have retbloom.

:blink: When you use ironsights or scope there is no reticule, What do you mean?

I've always been upset when you use your iron sight/scope/red dot and still have retbloom.

:blink: When you use ironsights or scope there is no reticule, What do you mean?

RVS did this, as did [GR] sniper rifles or anything that brought up a scope.

[GR] had that, but the screen shake was never there. that's what p!ssed me off most in RvS. after you wait for the rets to close, you have to deal with the actual recoil bumping your view constantly.