MP Pack 3 Beta Test thread

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beta.jpg

i wasnt getting anythign on ie before but now im getting ^ :(

After a few more attempts, I got a fiule in the ftp folder titled t-x-t1.rar or something like that. Couldn't extract it with WinRAR, so I tried to open it. got the standard 404 error or something like that. When I tried to move the file to My Documents, I got the same message as above, save that there was an I where he has an A.

Glad Ubisoft isn't developing and debugging GRAW!

[8/30/2006 7:43:38 AM] 214 QUOTA : graw-betatest, you use -0.23Gb of 9.31Gb

The FTP is empty at the root ftp:\ "nothing listed"

I am using CuteFTP

Well, well, well!

I am suprised that they asked me, then they did ask UBI's "Consensus"-that is me by my pen name, but...

NOX or Consensus-if by any other name a rose!

I think that I will drink some of this beer, a 12 pack (Budweiser) in plastic bottles! It was free from a friend at MacDill-so it is cold and ready-after 12 I will get into the "little yellow bus" and drive over to the FTP site.

Rocco "says" do not cluster your original GRAW not to be confused with Original GR-ha ha-I added that not AFZ's Rocco, but he has some good info and advice as to not to cluster your GRAW. He states- "I will answer you. No you won't. Copy your GRAW directory to somewhere like your desktop before installing. Use that copy to access 1.21 servers. Install the beta. Use that copy for the beta."

But I think that somewhere other than your "desktop" is better. Desktop files will slow down Windows any flavor when loading.

Edited by NOX

I got accepted as well, I see a folder but nothing else. When trying to go into that directory I get a permission error. I will continue to try. But with the limited time they are giving us, and not having the file it's going to cut back on the actual amount of testing we are going to be able to do....

i cant get the file either.

i wonder if they gave out info to everyone who signed up but then only let the first X number of people actually download it?

edit: from linux's cli ftp I am getting

425 Unable to build data connection: No route to host

whenever i try to ls

Edited by feld

Turn pasv mode on feld.

Well I can finally see the 'nouveau dossier' (New Folder?) but when I open it I get the error about ensuring I have permission to view its contents, then it opens up and is empty.

WAY TO GO, UBI!

LOL yeah, I see it and 2 other folders too.

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter MP Pack3 BETA

neu

Nouveau dossier

All of them are empty.

i cant get the file either.

i wonder if they gave out info to everyone who signed up but then only let the first X number of people actually download it?

edit: from linux's cli ftp I am getting

425 Unable to build data connection: No route to host

whenever i try to ls

Well break out the OS/2 or your MAC, my 8125 PDA failed as well..Ha ha you is so funny.

Looks like the FTP is repopulating wait a few and try 8:28pm EST

They are modifying it 08/31/06 12:41

Edited by NOX

And just how are you going to trust that file?

I find it odd that some here that don't trust auto download for maps but will trust an executable from an anonomous person uploaded that may or may not be the actual beta.

I certainly hope no one uploads it.

Colin or Rocky or Roco(or a GR.net admin who has managed to download it) can you give us the md5 hash of the file just in case so we can verify it's authenticity..... that is if we are ever able to download it.

Edited by FI_FlimFlam

Man..i really feel bad for you guys. Its been fun testing everything out. There is still one server i cant get into though. Its the US seige beta server. It says my files dont match the servers. I can get into the other 3 though.

Anyways, i hope this gets cleared up soon cause there needs to be more than what there is now.

Man..i really feel bad for you guys. Its been fun testing everything out. There is still one server i cant get into though. Its the US seige beta server. It says my files dont match the servers. I can get into the other 3 though.

Anyways, i hope this gets cleared up soon cause there needs to be more than what there is now.

that's seriously not fair

On a side note...

Request to GRIN:

Please lock down the FTP folders and prevent uploads and modification to the directory structure. Let us know when you have that and the file in place so we know we can trust what it there. Or at the very least email us the md5 hash so we can know we can trust the file once we are able to download it.

That's awesome. It's bedtime now, and after more than 3-1/2 hours of trying I STILL can't get to the file. Being that I have a J-O-B, it'll be some 18-20 hours from now before I get another chance to try it. By then we'll have lost about a day of that four days' test period. I suppose I should just give it up and wiat for the debugged release version...

That's awesome. It's bedtime now, and after more than 3-1/2 hours of trying I STILL can't get to the file. Being that I have a J-O-B, it'll be some 18-20 hours from now before I get another chance to try it. By then we'll have lost about a day of that four days' test period. I suppose I should just give it up and wiat for the debugged release version...

I'm in the same boat as you Rabbi, or almost. I may get a few opportunities to try to download it during the day. I'll set up Hamachi and VNC on my gaming rig and log in various times during the day and see if I can get it to download. You might want to attempt something like that if you can.

Oh, my lot's of folders. rugg you've been a bad boy ;) .... but no file to download. I think I'll wait for the file hash before I install it just incase. Who knows what someone might upload.

Edited by FI_FlimFlam

Tried to DL from both sites. No luck. File was there, but error message that I could not access the FTP file.

saw Ruggbutt, Whiterabbit, etc named folders, but no luck.

Could not access forums either.

Guess I will not be able to test this patch. :wall:

anybody ...................help....?