Uninstalling

No... not one of those guys who is here to whine. I knew it was going to be slow playing when I bought it.

While the graphics on my system in the beginning were good enough for exploratory play theyr'e beyond annoying now. I still can't get over how blocky the graphics are.... even on 1064 and higher rez.

I think that Grin was not the developer that should have been given the project but I'm just a player.

I got to the next mission after VIP down and i became bored silly. For the first time in my playing of Red Storm Tom Clancy games I'm quitting before trying out all of the weapons. That's pretty bad. Maybe I'm just growing old but I have to say this... the Tom Clancy genre is officially dead. Buy your consoles and let the high schoolers drool. Thinking -man's shooters from Ubisoft and what was once Red Storm are long gone.

I'll be back to it when I have a cray sized video card and larger system when I can afford it (retirement?)

I'm Old School.... I think I'm extinct. The genre isn't too fast paced for us old guys... it's too dumb now. Who doesn't love eye candy.... but its not everything. ADD Generation Game.

No... not one of those guys who is here to whine. I knew it was going to be slow playing when I bought it.

While the graphics on my system in the beginning were good enough for exploratory play theyr'e beyond annoying now. I still can't get over how blocky the graphics are.... even on 1064 and higher rez.

I think that Grin was not the developer that should have been given the project but I'm just a player.

I got to the next mission after VIP down and i became bored silly. For the first time in my playing of Red Storm Tom Clancy games I'm quitting before trying out all of the weapons. That's pretty bad. Maybe I'm just growing old but I have to say this... the Tom Clancy genre is officially dead. Buy your consoles and let the high schoolers drool. Thinking -man's shooters from Ubisoft and what was once Red Storm are long gone.

I'll be back to it when I have a cray sized video card and larger system when I can afford it (retirement?)

I'm Old School.... I think I'm extinct. The genre isn't too fast paced for us old guys... it's too dumb now. Who doesn't love eye candy.... but its not everything. ADD Generation Game.

Well, I think [GR] was slower (gameplay I mean) than this game, and you still played it like you said huh? Yeah you're growing old.

See Rocoafz,

My advice for him to send it back was spot on.

At present this game is not worth buying - we purchasers are the unlucky ones.

To advise ppl who dont yet have the game to buy it is irresponsible. Its on par with telling someone to take $89AUS and throw it in the garbage.

If you like slow tactical shoters for adult thinking players you should check www.redorchestragame.com .

QFT

That game needs players too. There's really nothing to complain about in that game (comparitively speaking), and it's the sort you sound like you'd enjoy.

I've been playing Ship lately myself...I've turned into such a steamho.

At any rate, just wanted to see if this game had been fixed yet, guess not. I would've uninstalled already but I get the 6001/6003 error and haven't had the patience to do the safe mode crud to get it done, but from the looks of things, there's no reason not to.

Cheers

Actually I found myself agreeing with the OP until I played some of the later missions. I really loved that first lone wolf mission. Mainly because it wasn't the "go here, go there, go there, go here" of the early stuff.

I got a number of targets and I could (mainly) decide for myself what order to hit them in (and without walking out of the playing area)

IMHO It's worth sticking it out for the later stuff.

It's the missions that are furthest removed from the join the dots linearity that, for me, are the most enjoyable.

just my opinion ;)

Why the hell are you telling us you unistalled it.

I just couldnt care less, even if the DVD hurled itself up from the DVD drive and smacked your head around.

I just dont get why everyone has a sudden feel they need to tell everyone that they are too impatient, too egocentric, too got damn whiney to wait for the game to get finished.

Cause... NEWSFLASH! Dont count the game as done until the last big patch is out. UBI forced an unfinished version on the market. I thought that was well known.

I just couldnt care less, even if the DVD hurled itself up from the DVD drive and smacked your head around.

I just dont get why everyone has a sudden feel they need to tell everyone that they are too impatient, too egocentric, too got damn whiney to wait for the game to get finished.

Cause... NEWSFLASH! Dont count the game as done until the last big patch is out. UBI forced an unfinished version on the market. I thought that was well known.

I agree to this, we just got teh training levels, the reals stuff will come soon :g_guns:

I agree to this, we just got teh training levels, the reals stuff will come soon :g_guns:

Okay.... these are the "training levels?" Please point me on the web to where UBIsoft says that it is unfinished. I want to see it for myself.

Click Here

Date: June 9th 2006

Answered by: Mathieu Girard / GRAW PC PRODUCER

* Q. First of all, why not include all this content from the beginning?

A. Because GRAW PC would have then been released for Christmas 2006! Fans have been waiting for quite long for a sequel to the [Ghost Recon] and we have worked hard to offer them a great experience in terms of tactical FPS including a deep solo experience and two really exciting MP modes, both emphasizing on the strategic aspect of the game. But to make things clear, we planned from the beginning to provide additional content after the release of GRAW, and especially on the multiplayer part.

Click Here

Date: June 9th 2006

Answered by: Mathieu Girard / GRAW PC PRODUCER

* Q. First of all, why not include all this content from the beginning?

A. Because GRAW PC would have then been released for Christmas 2006! Fans have been waiting for quite long for a sequel to the [Ghost Recon] and we have worked hard to offer them a great experience in terms of tactical FPS including a deep solo experience and two really exciting MP modes, both emphasizing on the strategic aspect of the game. But to make things clear, we planned from the beginning to provide additional content after the release of GRAW, and especially on the multiplayer part.

Don't care for MP... no time. The graphics engine isn't going to be modified for smoother performance. I'm gone until I have a better system to watch more eye candy.

oh... I'm not the only one uninstalling if you haven't noticed. Relax and breath ok? What, you own stock in Ubisoft or something. Calm down.

Edited by cobrabase

easy come, easy go...( well they don't go away easily.. <_< they need to post a new thread to let us know they are going and then they keep bitchin' for weeks before they finally vanish :blink: )

Geese man... Nice repressed tendancies there.

Who's the bigger ass... you have a choice what you read ######.

Try getting your face out of Ubisoft's ass... you'll feel better. See ya! Can't wait to hear your head explode idiot.

Edited by cobrabase

easy come, easy go...( well they don't go away easily.. <_< they need to post a new thread to let us know they are going and then they keep bitchin' for weeks before they finally vanish :blink: )

Geese man... Nice repressed tendancies there.

Who's the bigger ass... you have a choice what you read ######.

Try getting your face out of Ubisoft's ass... you'll feel better. See ya! Can't wait to hear your head explode idiot.

You haven't gotten enough attention yet? HEY, wait, aren't you that fat girl who always cries at the party?

D_R_A_M_A Q_U_E_E_N

Yup, you're HER! QUIT PUKING ON MY NEW CARPET, SLOB!!!

:grin1:

Personal insults are a sure fire way to get a thread closed.

For the record, The OP is entitled to his opinion and didn't deserve the attacks (for want of a better word) that followed - some of you might want to reflect on what you posted in response to a legitimate post, ie. his opinion.