"June Patch" discussion thread

Announced by my fellow CM Ubi_Marc, the "June Patch" (although I still prefer to call it ADD ON) will make it's first appearence at the North Con which is a german LAN tourney sponsored by Ubisoft and taking place from June 16 to June 18! . Ubi is going to exclusively release preview versions of the "Patch" to all the visitors of the North Con before this thing of beauty is going public! :)

Announcement regarding the North Con by Ubi_Marc

A little correction:

The "Patch" won't be out this friday but friday the 16th of June!

Well I guess that means it won't take long from then, 'til the Patch is going public! :)

Edited by Vth_F_Smith

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice, so i guess that means it's done? i wonder when we will see it!

As I said it's going to be out Friday the 16th of June NOT this friday (unfortunately I couldn't change the subject line - Rocky, please be so kind and do this for me in order to prevent any kind of misunderstandings)! :(

Still, we at least now have an appr. date about when the "patch" is probably going to come out (either official or non-official)! :D

Edited by Vth_F_Smith

nice, so i guess that means it's done? i wonder when we will see it!

As I said it's going to be out Friday the 16th of June NOT this friday (unfortunately I couldn't change the subject line - Rocky, please be so kind and do this for me in order to prevent any kind of misunderstandings)! :(

Still, we at least now have an appr. date about when the "patch" is probably going to come out (either official or non-official)! :D

No TDM still in this "patch" correct?

No TDM still in this "patch" correct?

"June patch" content according to Ubi_Razz:

Deathmatch mode, Map Editor for Deathmatch and Domination, anti-cheat fixes, Anti Aliasing feature, and New co-op maps
Now if that isn't a nice start for June...! :) Edited by Vth_F_Smith

if you translate and read the page that's linked, it says deathmatch on it.

Ya but theres a difference between TDM and DM. I didnt see TDM on there. DM is everyone vs everyone, while TDM is team v team. Thats what I was asking.

TDM will be released during summer, as it's been announced! ;)

if you translate and read the page that's linked, it says deathmatch on it.

Ya but theres a difference between TDM and DM. I didnt see TDM on there. DM is everyone vs everyone, while TDM is team v team. Thats what I was asking.

you're right BP, i always assume that DM will give the option for teams or FFA.

my guys are all itching for TDM. i know i've got six guys for sure returning from rvs to play GRAW. 6 more waiting to see if it's all we're hoping it will be. i can't wait.....

Well with Ted Smith making TDM outta Domination, the DM platform should actually help him alittle (hopefully) in fine tuning the TDM till the real deal gets here.

It might, but at the moment I'm somewhat skeptical that it will help much at all. The problem I have is twofold. First, I can't seem to stop people from joining mid-round and second, I can't define or alter any of the victory conditions since they're not defined in an xml file. They have to be inside one of the dxe's that controls domination.

So unless someone can come up with a way to get into those dxe files, I'm pretty much at a dead-end right now.

Hell, even adding a map to the maplist requires getting into one of the dxe's, much less adding another game-mode to the list. Strange that they gave us so many things that we can alter and tweak and mess with, but -not- the ability to do something as simple as add another map to the list.

What I'm hopeful about is that the map editor -should- allow us to make new maps and add them to the lists. That will make it easier for me to integrate things so it doesn't mess with domination mode anymore, but it will do little to solve the two major roadblocks.

But hey, someone found their way into the bundle files and extract from the bank files, maybe Nemon or someone else has got it in them to open up the dxe's as well.

I'm getting quite aggravated about this and really do not see why the release the patch that will complete an unfinished game at a special event rather than as soon as they got it ready to hit the DL-servers.

Could some one please explain some good reason why the patch should be released like this?

I'm getting quite aggravated about this and really do not see why the release the patch that will complete an unfinished game at a special event rather than as soon as they got it ready to hit the DL-servers.

Could some one please explain some good reason why the patch should be released like this?

Marketing "trick" to attract GRAW fans to the event. Same with previous events in April where you could play a preview version of GRAW.

However a patch is kinda different. I dunno if they will give out the patch to the people at the event or if they will set up GRAW pc's with the latest patch on it.

theres a difference between TDM and DM. I didnt see TDM on there. DM is everyone vs everyone, while TDM is team v team.

In the pre-version seems like Deathmatch will only be 1v1, rather then all vs. all.

See the poll on the right side: http://www.northcon.de/news.htm

But that seems to be what they want to play at the LAN, not what the files got capacity for.