anti-cheat

so will there be an anti-cheat released for the game? i've heard that maybe there is going to be an "in-game" anti-cheat?

what's the latest... because if there is a solid anti-cheat + JUNE MP patch = MATCHING!

DO SOME READING !!! IT STOPS POST DOUBLING

I didn't feel it neccesary it add it as GRiN are well aware of the need for an anti-cheat. They have already indicated they are working on that and so there is no need to add it to a wishlist. It is in the make guys, that's why it is not in the document.

We need to put the "ac" back in "tactical". :lol:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

I didn't feel it neccesary it add it as GRiN are well aware of the need for an anti-cheat. They have already indicated they are working on that and so there is no need to add it to a wishlist. It is in the make guys, that's why it is not in the document.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...ic=34277&st=105

i did some reading but i didn't see anything mang... no need to be a dick

No problem...

I have only read some 5% of this forum and i think it's been noted that their on the case.

thats what i was trying to say.

LOL that was the best response i ever saw here. Truthfully guys you have to watch how you come across. Not everyone finds things in the search engines (nor nknows how to use it effectively) and sometimes it's easy to ask nicely as he did

so will there be an anti-cheat released for the game? i've heard that maybe there is going to be an "in-game" anti-cheat?

what's the latest... because if there is a solid anti-cheat + JUNE MP patch = MATCHING

Remember it may seem redundant to you, but it's a first time asking for him

LOL that was the best response i ever saw here. Truthfully guys you have to watch how you come across. Not everyone finds things in the search engines (nor nknows how to use it effectively) and sometimes it's easy to ask nicely as he did

what's the latest... because if there is a solid anti-cheat + JUNE MP patch = MATCHING

Remember it may seem redundant to you, but it's a first time asking for him

Roco I appreciate your answer and you are right about coming across wrongly, aka moaning ,but it's unbelievable how many new registered users: DON'T READ ANYTHING and only post.........

It did not take me 1 min. to type in the search box: FORUM RULES and get

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...&hl=forum+rules

seems too many don't read any of them prior to posting or after joining... it's a problem on many forums...but this is one of the best forum setup's I've ever had the pleasure and it's just a shame that people that join are not made to acknowledge that they have read the BASIC RULES which ADMINS have spent a long time SETTING up.

On a lighter note "TS_iMPLODE" if I came across heavy handed, I apologise

I have not been a member long either but it is common to read the rules and use the SEARCH FEATURE of a forum..[ which can be found on the top right of the page when on forum/thread or as a easy direct access box on main index page].

till the next time.

The quoted post below is what I posted on the UBI forums. I do have a system that would work for ladders until an "official" AC is released.

"I developed a system that was actually used in matches for GR1 and RVS (and could easily be rolled out for other games) at The Cog Network. The system is called Accountable. Without game hooks it's harder to use the system on public servers, but it works well for ladder matches and tournaments as that way you can at least tie the username to detection results and act administratively to weed out cheaters. If any ladder communites have any interest, let me know and I'll create a game profile for Accountable and see what we can do to incorporate Accountable for your use."

no problem viiiper. i'm not a n00b to forums as it may seem, i just didn't come up with the thread and that's all- no big deal.

about the anti-cheat- hopefully a nice one will be implemented into the june patch. but regardless the future of this game is looking better and better everyday.

This game was hacked after 2 days of general release, and there are posts from Bludawg on this forum with SS's to show it.

I posted several times in the past about "what sort of AC?" but was solidly bagged every time by forum modrators as I was made out to be some sort of malcontent.

I am not sure what sort of game play type a game this hackable is good for, but certainly not any sort of PvP for ladder/league play etc.

GR1 survived as long as it did because of a combination of many factors, but what killled it as far as league and ladder play in the PvP environment was hacks. To bring this game out, a so called "next generation" game without any code protection and no AC seems to me to be too sad for words.

I bought this game because I played GR1 and I wanted to see what it was like, but the "good old days" of PvP seem never to return, as you will all be wondering "how did that happen?" every time you get killed.

What a shame, for me this game is DOA.

JF

Teams used it with good success at The Cog Network at a time when nothing was available for GR and RVS.

and as for the accountable, :rolleyes:

it wasnt good. thats all im gonna say, im not here to bash any sort of AC but accountable wasnt good.

If it did make it big to catch cheats in RVS it would be been bypassed in minutes.

the closest AC in RVS to stop all cheats was the feed piranhas AC.

it too was bypassed, but it stopped the cheats the punkbuster couldnt.

What a shame, for me this game is DOA.

I am trying so hard to believe that once there is an anticheat and more multiplayer modes to play there will still be a community out there to play against. Right now I am only playing coop because I still have the bad taste in my mouth from the rampant GR1 cheating. Please GRiN, I hope this is your top priority if you're even thinking about an expansion down the road.

That's one person's opinion. What defines good? We caught ppl with cheats and they never knew - until they were booted from the ladder. That's the difference between a cheat monitoring system (what Accountable is and what these sorts of programs should be) and and "anti-cheat" (which are a great challenge for some ppl to circumvent). Based on actual testing and usage, only 3%-5% (depending on how rigid one wanted to be with their view) of the ppl using Accountable had any trouble using it. Most people who complained about Accountable were concerned about what it did behind the scenes rather than actual performance issues. If a player doesn't have anything to hide, then that player shouldn't worry about it.

it wasnt good. thats all im gonna say, im not here to bash any sort of AC but accountable wasnt good.

If it did make it big to catch cheats in RVS it would be been bypassed in minutes.

the closest AC in RVS to stop all cheats was the feed piranhas AC.

it too was bypassed, but it stopped the cheats the punkbuster couldnt.

damn i want anticheat asap!!!! every damn server i go in lately has at least 1 idiot with a speed hack!! this is ###### me off, and stopping me from playing.

I haven't seen that yet as much as the obvious wall hacks, don't know how many times someone has killed me with one of those. Hope the AC comes out really really soon, MP TvT is almost unplayable with the rampant hackers. :(