Mission #3 : VIP2 is down

Thank you for your comments...

When is it I need to resupply please and where?

After the explosion occurs in the embassy building, the green square with the number appears, showing the distance left to go and reach VIP2, but when I get close to the embassy where VIP2 is, around 69-70 in the green square, the commander says in the microphone that I'm leaving the mission area, get back to the war zone.

My ghost recon version is a version 1.02

should I get the 1.21 patch and it fixes it? You think tha's the problem? If so where do I find this patch please?

Any ideas guys?

Thanks again for all your help!

Rinor...

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears you were able to advance farther than I when running into the voice of doom...I'm out of ideas, and it would seem, misinformed.

Whether or not it helps with this issue, you really should update your version to 1.21. There is alot more content, options than 1.02. This might help as well.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/faqs/index.php

Good luck!

Its been a while but I had the same bug-a-boo; I wonder if you're in the same place... I wanted to track to the far right of the fountain and kept going out of bounds. If I remember correctly go just to the right of the fountain across the main thoroughfare not beyond the 1st set of buildings to the right of the fountain... Hope this helps. The resupply is after you air strike the last of the mobile big guns...

OK< I had this problem for a while too. I figured it out ONLY after restarting the whole mission. You guys MAY or MAY NOT have the same problem, but in my case it was the game script. Read:

From the ambush at the fountain, make DAMNED GOOD AND SURE you kill the dude with the RPG/Grenade launcher (whichever it is, BoGRiN says RPG and I think I'll take his word) overlooking the road between there and the next set of badguys. If you advance far enough in the right direction, you will trigger another panhard to drive acroiss your path, then turn on the street away from you and in the direction you want to go. We call this a "distraction". Don't advance more than ten meters beyond the point at which the truck was triggered across your path and from THERE find the ONE dismount in an elevated position directly ahead of you (and through that tree on the left side of the road). If you do not kill him, you WILL NOT be able to acvance across the roundabout to the Embassy ruins to secure VIP 2.

If the above doesn't apply, then oh well. Reinstall GRAW and hope for the best!

Everyone are dead I guess...if they were not I would have been shot no?

I think they are all dead and I kill them all. I have one more soldier with me as the others were killed.

I advance in all directions to the embassy but always at one point the commander appears in a small window and says I am leaving the mission or war zone and get back there...

I've read your comments but apart from the patch I am not sure what to do...

Anyone else has anything? Maybe you've thought of something else? Please!!!

:(

Have a good day.

Rinor...

Everyone are dead I guess...if they were not I would have been shot no?

I think they are all dead and I kill them all. I have one more soldier with me as the others were killed.

I advance in all directions to the embassy but always at one point the commander appears in a small window and says I am leaving the mission or war zone and get back there...

I've read your comments but apart from the patch I am not sure what to do...

Anyone else has anything? Maybe you've thought of something else? Please!!!

:(

Have a good day.

Rinor...

Start the mission over from the beginning. My only other advice. If you get too frustrated, you've still got that last save point to try again from...

I just want to spam a bit, but it is at least related to the thread’s subject. This "VIP is Down" mission is about the hardest mission I have played ever. I mean the last part at the MBC, but the long hike wasn't that nice a trip. It took some days and I actually turned the diamonds on after failing so many times. Most of the failings were due to the fact that I tried to stuff the Ghosts away at the MBC 1st floor, doing about nothing and having all the boots aiming in one direction, on top of that I am in a building which they surround.

My best strategy was to stuff one guy away in the cul de sac to the left of the MBC. Leaving one guy at VIP until I fetch the VIP. I kill the first 6 tangos as they emerge (first three from 1st MBC floor and second three from behind a palm tree at the arcade).

I and another one is at the monument most of the time, after VIP is transported I move the MBC guy to the monument too. The two Marines create enough crossfire anyway from the MBC - but you must give them some crossfire in support in order to have them still in the game.

All the Ghosts had silenced Scars with front grip and not much weight overall, that made them rather good marksmen.

Two times I killed everything and went crouching towards the extraction helicopter. No not true, I killed everything except the odd last guy! "NOOooo...". My wife shaked her head for which time at that moment and I went like: “but you know… I WAS out of there… almost”. She was not impressed. I actually had Ghosts left to do some combat recon for me, but I was SO eager to get the hell out of the area so I totally forgot the safety when everything _seemed_ clear. Rather realistic in a way actually, (but still stupid).

Edited by JASGripen

I got through it a time or two with the team all tucked-away in the MBC building. And then I had an idea...

I kept the team on better high ground- the little plaza in the middle of the roudabout. The only pain there was repositioning them to the opposite side every time another tank appeared. Oh, well. At least the tanks don't have coax guns. ;)

So I have scads of cover to use up there, still have those two brave Marines at the MBC to guard VIP2's position, and can see WAY beyond the draw distance in every direction from where I'm at. Having a SCAR-L with GL helps a LOT here too.

Took the GL for the .50 tripod positions along the route, and loaded up on extra grenades for it at the resupply. Those little armored trucks don't stand a chance. Usually 1 of them will appear just ahead of a tank, so I'd pop a grenade or two on the truck as it approached and have that many less dismounts to worry about when they're frying to death inside their little mobile armored coffins...

Tough mission? Yep. Hardest one? Not a chance...

So far, the best place I found to put the AI is to leave them at the top of the street where you meet the supply chopper, facing the traffic circle. They are in a good position to eliminate enemy moving to the embassy. I go in alone and after VIP2 is gone, I take a position on the 2nd floor. After the tanks are destroyed, I start moving the AI in to the embassy and hit the enemy in a crossfire.

I haven't tried taking the AI behind the embassy and working out from there, but, I saw this tactic in a vid.

ive always had me and my team in the embasy. the better the shot i am and the qucioker i am with the comands the mnore liekly i am to complet it. the ending is the hardest ive palyed so far. but i ahvnet gotten farther hten halfy way thought the campaing lol

Hi guys,

I am not sure if this is a bug on my game but. When I get close to the embassy it blows up and when i get there VIP2 is laying on the ground dead is it supposed to be like that or is this a bug?

thanks for your response guys

Yes, it's supposed to be like that. No, it's not a bug.

If I remember right, that's VIP 1 on the floor and he's not dead. Your task is to defend him until you can be safely extracted.

Approach towards him.............the game will prompt "what" to do................

then do THAT ...............then get under cover.....fast!!!!!!!!!

hope this helps.............this has been a Public Service Announcement...........

we now return you to your regularily scheduled program, already in progress.

...... :whistle: ..... ;) ........(yea, I had an ill-spent-youth watching way too much television!)

YOU kidding...? :wacko:

I am in the middle of watching the entire.........SUPERMAN television series on DVD.!!!!!!!

I love the old shows.............especially the ones from my "youth"

didn't mean to HJ this thread...............but I could not resist this reply!!!!!!!!!!!

:whistle: Kingkat.................................maybe that is why I enjoy gaming so much, its kind of like watching TV......... :thumbsup:

Hi guys,

I am not sure if this is a bug on my game but. When I get close to the embassy it blows up and when i get there VIP2 is laying on the ground dead is it supposed to be like that or is this a bug?

thanks for your response guys

These kind folks have already answered your question...but welcome to the community!

• 5 months later...

Hi guys,

I am at the VIP 2 is down mission if you guys remember it, i have to destroyed some machines with the Airstrike but when i open the tactical map i do not have the Airstrike as a unit option, so i stuck there running around i killed everyone and i can't go on until i destroy those machines.

Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks

Edited by Blood_Warrior

You have to eyeball the ADATS.

As soon as you recieve the order to target the ADA an "airstrike" button will appear in the unit list (under Allen) on the HUD. You'll have to find the ADATS and then while having it in sight, scroll down to the "airstrike" button, click the mouse button and the options of "attack" or "cancel" should appear. If the zoomie can see what you designate (clicked) you'll recieve a "Roger- Ground" message and then you can sit down and watch the fireworks.

Good luck!

I don't know it doesn't work for me.

I eyeball the ADAT, i scroll down to airstrike but i get nothing if i click the left mouse button i fire and the right i zoom, i don't get any "attack" or "cancel" options, i don't know witch mouse are you talking about. If i click the Tab button i get into tactical map but i do not have the airstrike option.

Is this a bug in the game?

i don't know witch mouse are you talking about
Sorry, I should have been clearer; depress (click) the mouse wheel button.

There have been alot of reports of people running into problems issuing commands (hud_select) with the mouse wheel (#2); other than re-mapping the bindings or resetting to the default profile the last resort (that usually works), is to quit the game and then restart. It all depends on what kind of mouse and drivers you have as to whether you'll have the problem or not.

Hope you are able to sort it out.

No something is wrong here.

Mouse 2 button is for the Cross-com menu right?

So i reset to the default and i restart still nothing mouse 2 button doesn't work.

I changed mouse 2 with another key and is still the same.

So is not a mouse or keyboard problem, is something wrong with the game.

I don't know if there is any technician here to give an opinion.

Thanks