Gamespy

Our dedicated server is up, and it's sick. Unfortunately we can't run GRAW cuz you have to buy another copy cuz of no dedicated server files. One of the guys installed his copy on it to see how it would run, it's off the hook. But he wants to play on his own so we'll wait for the dedicated server files.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Doesn't Solve The Firewall Issue. I Have Tried Everything.

Blocking, Unblocking Th Game, Opening And Closing Ports On Readme File. Shut Down Firewall And Antivirus. Nothing Nothing

What Else Am I Supposed To Do???????

Are you directly connected with internet?

Or through some kind of schoolcampus (Not sure if its called like that over there) network, or anything else..

If it's not your router or firewall.. and you're directly connected with internet .. then i have no idea what could be wrong, perhaps you should try the helpdesk or support forum @ Ubi

Our dedicated server is up, and it's sick.  Unfortunately we can't run GRAW cuz you have to buy another copy cuz of no dedicated server files.  One of the guys installed his copy on it to see how it would run, it's off the hook.  But he wants to play on his own so we'll wait for the dedicated server files.

1) your hardware is sick? Or the game is sick?

2) what is off the hook? The way it runs on your server?

3) play on his own? So if he has it installed on the server and running in 'Dedicated Server' mode, he can't play the game on another system?

Blocking, Unblocking Th Game, Opening And Closing Ports On Readme File. Shut Down Firewall And Antivirus. Nothing Nothing

Or through some kind of schoolcampus (Not sure if its called like that over there) network, or anything else..

If it's not your router or firewall.. and you're directly connected with internet .. then i have no idea what could be wrong, perhaps you should try the helpdesk or support forum @ Ubi

im on the school's network. It still doesn't make sense because I used toplay on xbox live all the time. Unless gamespy or the game require more special ports whereas xbox live uses common ones

Our dedicated server is up, and it's sick.  Unfortunately we can't run GRAW cuz you have to buy another copy cuz of no dedicated server files.  One of the guys installed his copy on it to see how it would run, it's off the hook.  But he wants to play on his own so we'll wait for the dedicated server files.

Sounds to me like you played the retail on an internet server...does that mean I win the bet?

im on the school's network. It still doesn't make sense because I used toplay on xbox live all the time. Unless gamespy or the game require more special ports whereas xbox live uses common ones

I think you need to go to the networkadmin with that list of ports, i hope he can help you out :).

I can play other games without problems and use their ingamebrowsers without any issues.. but Gamespy is different...

I found the solution.....you have too check the both boxes when asked and click agree....you MUST create a new account to play and you must check BOTH boxes to sign in...THANK YOU!!!

what are you talking about and what does this fix?

Edited by Moezter

Why this game is so flawed is beyond me. I was expecting the dogs ******** of a game. Realistic gunfire, not one shot one kill rubbish. I wanted to fire my gun and have to think about where the round was going to land.

Gamespy, why oh why can you not ship a game with cd key protection but avoid gamespy, they are the same as star force in my book. If it works wow your lucky this time, this time not so lucky.

If this isnt hot fixed then im just going to avoid Ubisoft games in the future, even if that means losing out on a classic.

This is a moan post but ive been constructive!

I found the solution.....you have too check the both boxes when asked and click agree....you MUST create a new account to play and you must check BOTH boxes to sign in...THANK YOU!!!

People had problems to log in to gamespy in the multiplayer part....read from the begining of this forum and you'll understand!! :wall:

People had problems to log in to gamespy in the multiplayer part....read from the begining of this forum and you'll understand!! :wall:

I have now my gamespy account and failed to login. I have 3-4 new accounts none of which will allow me in :(

Well--I finally got the Gamespy to work. But now I can't play for more than 2 minutes before "Connection to Service Lost" pops up. Laggy real bad and the whole Domination mode doesn't suit my taste to well either. The whole "buying" of weapons turns me off also. Maybe better once the dedicated server files get out. Looks like SP for a while.

Other than the login part, how much of the MP netcode really is GameSpy? Isn't GameSpy just supplying the listing? Once you hookup to a server GameSpy is out of the picture, no?

Otherwise, I agree, the server listing and GameSpy login has issues as follows:

1. Tons of 0 ping servers listed. What is with the 0 ping servers?

2. Can't login with pre-existing GameSpy accounts

3. No real feedback on WHY you can't login with a new account, such as nickname already in use, etc.

4. Bad implementation on the fields (have to use the Enter key to register the password, etc.)

5. Many time you have to hit 'Join' over and over again

But once you are on a server, I think GRINS netcode and the lack of true dedicated servers are what we are seeing with disconnects, etc.

Edited by Druac_Blaise

Gamespy seems to be working ok.

We some of the team have been playing on over the last couple days, its a lot of fun.

I like so many had to redo an account but once thats done its fine.

With any new game teething problems will exist to start with.

Thanks for all the input so far.

I am getting the error that says failed to log in with the submitted username and password (or something like that). It seems that after I register a user, it wont really register. I get the same error message when I try to log into a non-existant account.

Do you get a verification in your e-mail after you register to see that your new account actually exists?