Gays/lesbians against Blizzard software

Papa6

the article is about how a lesbian woman advertised for others to join a gay/lesbian guild for world of warcraft. she DID get a response about sexually oriented groups doing as such to be in breach of policy(ies) against such groups.

read the full article Here

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess if it breaks a policy then their fault not blizzards.

I really could careless about their orientation.

Any sexually oriented group I take it will be deleted i guess.

Its like Tbaggers united wont exist anymore then lol.

jezz, does it have to have that issue also? whats with the affiliation issue? Your a gamer, your a gamer. I understand 30-something only players, coz some of us are starting with the arthritis and carpal tunnel issue causing some handicap with MP games, but sex orientation.

Why?

Why can't we just play and enjoy the game.

You see someone play better and you want to recruit them, recruit them for their eye-and-hand coordination. That it!

If you got that much energy on some kind of cause, Salvation Army and the Peace Corp could use you. Volunteer...do something positive.

my 2 cents and not a cent more.

What gets me is,Here in the US as of late, we have tried our best to try and keep kids,granted kids play world of warcraft alot I'm sure, but to keep kids away from harmful things. The person who makes this gay guild might be innocent, but the guy who joins later might not be so friendly. He might use this as his way to seduce some kid(s). We've had kids get stalked by creeps through instant messaging, being solicited for sex, but blizzard seems to be trying to maintain some order in a way that is fair.

who knows?, terrorists might even use WOW to gather to do bad deeds on unsuspecting people.maybe I'm getting off point here but I think you get my point.

Gays here are ever increasing thier fight to push people as myself as homophobes(sp?)

I want to quote andy rooney of 60 minutes an american TV editor of a famous tv program about investigating matters. But he gets his time at the final 5 minutes to cover several freewheeling topics. He once covered many topics in one shot, but on gays he says; I'll highlight how crass the gays are pushing thier perspective of people like me who don't agree with them

<deleted by Admin> That was a false quote.

Added: Here's his biography, quite impressive

Edited by Rocky

What gets me is,Here in the US as of late, we have tried our best to try and keep kids,granted kids play world of warcraft alot I'm sure, but to keep kids away from harmful things. The person who makes this gay guild might be innocent, but the guy who joins later might not be so friendly. He might use this as his way to seduce some kid(s). We've had kids get stalked by creeps through instant messaging, being solicited for sex, but blizzard seems to be trying to maintain some order in a way that is fair.

I believe it's unfair to imply that the presence a homosexual guild in WOW is any more threatening to children than any other group.

That said, I think Blizzard's making the right choice.

No 'glbt' guilds, no Christian guilds, no 'Asians only' guilds. Nothing. It seems a good way to head off any trouble of the sort.

To add, though:

"I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off. " seems an overly hostile way to go about things. If everyone took that stance nobody would tolerate anyone, if only for their intolerence of eachother's intolerance.

ok, but you don't see anyone else flipping out about not being able to start a guild.

This is just a small reflection in a bigger issue that is ever increasing in america.

How is it unfair? they have a chat room of sorts and can converse. Guess we found out via instant messaging alot of girls and boys have been solicited for sex. read the news...

I humbly disagree with you.

example: hackers used to pass out infected floppies to infect computers. now with the internet, they moved to it to do thier evil work. so have sexual wierdos.. :huh:

How is it unfair? they have a chat room of sorts and can converse. Guess we found out via instant messaging alot of girls and boys have been solicited for sex. read the news...

This doesn't mean there's a higher probability of being solicited in a guild for homosexuals than there is anywhere else in the internet.

so having a policy against gays is wrong? the lady who complained needed to read the license/policy before she chose to join. Am I to understand that by you Pedophiles shouldn't be treated as such either because it would be unfair? i think this lady tried to make herself her 15 minutes of fame by blowing a policy that was around before she played out of proportion when she should've just read the policy.

the policy by basic human deduction is designed to maintain order, for blizzard against legal trouble later and maintaining the servers so they run correctly.

Edited by Papa6

This doesn't mean there's a higher probability of being solicited in a guild for homosexuals than there is anywhere else in the internet.

How can you say probability? The company knows alot of kids play thier games. so maybe they aren't saying that gays WILL do this, but why open the door and just hop e noone does?

Added: to quote sup...

No 'glbt' guilds, no Christian guilds, no 'Asians only' guilds. Nothing. It seems a good way to head off any trouble of the sort.

EXACTLY what I'm trying to get across! now wee see eye to eye mate! ;)

Edited by Papa6

why open the door and just hop e noone does?

They started doing that the moment their game was released. One doesn't have to be homosexual to be a pedophile either. :huh:

It's a commonly argued fact that most aren't. I'm not making any claims on it's validity, but I figured it was worth bringing up.

Anyway.

Their policy (which I support) isn't against gays. That, of course, could easily open them up for a lawsuit.

They merely avoid the issue guilds picking membership on any race or orientation entirely by prohibiting it altogether.

I guess I maybe should've used a different choice of words. like you said above...to avoid any trouble.

But I do believe her bitching about this and making it news is proof that she's trying to make herself a name. geez over a PC game. i play pc games to get away from life for a bit. i don't bring my life in gaming...

But!, if i let my kids game, i do care about what is being said or done in the gaming environment. I have that duty to protect my kids from things I feel are not right.

Edited by Papa6

But I do believe her bitching about this and making it news is rpoof that she's trying to make herself a name. geez over a PC game. i play pc games to get away from life for a bit. i don't bring my life in gaming...

I do agree she shouldn't be trying to cause trouble about this. It's a perfectly fair rule, and the Blizzard representitives were very polite and patient in their emails.

But I do believe her bitching about this and making it news is proof that she's trying to make herself a name. geez over a PC game. i play pc games to get away from life for a bit. i don't bring my life in gaming...

I work in a hospital...all day long, I help save ppls lives. I have ppl who needs medical treatment, but refuses the treatments and procedures.

Hmmm, you came into the building asking for medical help, now your refusing....all day long helping ppl get better.

So after I punch out, all I want to do is KILL PEOPLE IN A PC GAME. It's therapeutic. It keeps me sane. When I play BF2, I DO NOT PLAY AS A MEDIC.

Also, like Papa6 said:

"But!, if i let my kids game, i do care about what is being said or done in the gaming environment. I have that duty to protect my kids from things I feel are not right."

At least he's being responsible parents who also plays games. My cousin who got a hold of GTA San Andreas at 15. I told him: One news of that grade falling, you forfeit that game to me.

He has no grades less than B+.

And he hasn't got anyone pregnant.

Nor stole a car from an elderly.

Play the game. You want to be a politician, go to school. Study the hell out of economics. Bring our economy to life again, so I don't have to put up with a yearly 4% raise in a city that has raised its cost of living by 7%.

Can't do the math?....stay in school. This way you know what and where to get the remaining 3%.

Put the mouse and keyboard away. Break open your math book.

Dammit, I said I wasn't gonna give this topic more than 2 cents. Now I gotta work overtime. :wall:

who knows?, terrorists might even use WOW to gather to do bad deeds on unsuspecting people.maybe I'm getting off point here but I think you get my point.

Gays here are ever increasing thier fight to push people as myself as homophobes(sp?)

I want to quote andy rooney of 60 minutes an american TV editor of a famous tv program about investigating matters. But he gets his time at the final 5 minutes to cover several freewheeling topics. He once covered many topics in one shot, but on gays he says; I'll highlight how crass the gays are pushing thier perspective of people like me who don't agree with them

If this ###### anyone off, sorry but he DOES make valid points.

Added: Here's his biography, quite impressive

Man, I got the chills reading that. Some of the stuff in there is just so . . . cold. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions though. Mine happen to be exactly the opposite of everything up there.

edit - Removed the quote, just like Rocky did.

Edited by snared_gambit

Hi. Andy Rooney himself has vehemently denied writing that. It's both sad and telling that some redneck with an internet connection had to pick a credible name to tag on that crap.

About a year ago, I became aware of a more serious theft of my name and it is so hurtful to my reputation that it calls for legal action against the thief. Hundreds of people have written asking if I really wrote the 20 detestable remarks made under my name that have had such wide circulation on the Internet.

Some of the remarks, which I will not repeat here, are viciously racist and the spirit of the whole thing is nasty, mean and totally inconsistent with my philosophy of life. It is apparent that the list of comments has been read by hundreds of thousands of Americans, many of whom must believe that it accurately represents opinions of mine that I don't dare express in my column or on television. It is seriously damaging to my reputation.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp

And on the other side there's a lot of people who define themselves by some minority group and start screaming at the first hint of discrimination. Both extremes are as bad in my opinion.

Edited by Earl

Hi.  Andy Rooney himself has vehemently denied writing that.  http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp

~

And on the other side there's a lot of people who define themselves by some minority group and start screaming at the first hint of discrimination.  Both extremes are as bad in my opinion.

Crikey, thanks for that info Earl. Deleting said quote now....

Er...this is opening a huge can or worms here, but just because someone is gay doesn't mean they are perverted, but I'm starting to get the feeling some here might disagree with that statement. Now, on the actual topic, yes, Blizzard are correct to do this if its against the Agreement Terms things. But children don't need to be 'protected' from homosexuality like large numbers of people seem to believe.

So yeah, just my input here.

In a "democratic and free society" everyone has there own choice of what they want to follow or be in any form.

When one group starts to say the other group are wrong and then push there own agenda, then your not in a free society.

Be thankfull that so far in the U.S and over hear the "hate laws" havent been fuly implimented. This would then be a federal crime to do anything that is deemed to "hate" another group (tag on what "deemed" could represent) ... this would = jail time of 2 years or more.

I say - each to thier own, and be adult enough to agree to disagree (both / all parties) = free.

BTW - this isnt directed at anyone here as such but just a view on every subject and this is a classic (gender and all that).

The madness of the world eh. :wacko: