GRAW PC screen and comment

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The entire campaign is in Mexico. The dev team visited Mexico and took alot of video footage to make sure they could recreate the scenes back in the studio.

The old farts here will recall they did the same thing with the original GR.

Old Farts? speak for yourself mate.. :rofl:

Aren't those the same leaked pics from before?

That's just what I was thinking. Those are the screenshots someone posted here a while back with the pc file names, all they've done is add a PC IMAGE stamp on the image lol.

Yeh, here they are ARDelta found them.

So much for todays exclusive 1st PC screenshots, we had PC shots posted here at the end of last month!  :P

Now I'm confused, I thought everyone knew those were PC screenshots, considering they were released along with the official announcement from Grin?

When I read "First PC Screenshot" on the front page I was like "Huh? What about those other 3 last month?" :huh:

Or do you mean they're the first screenies with a "PC seal" on them?

You know what? ("what?") I think it's a great start that we're seeing stuff from UBI. They have clearly learned their lessons on the PR front.

Thanks UBI. keep this up, and you'll have a happpy customer.

Screens themselves look good. Nice textures The character models, and poses look really good which is a huge part of the believability. Light effect/bloom needs tweaking though, too washed out. I suppose it's there to give a "hot" feel to the level, but it just looks washed out...

I actually thanked Razz for posting the comment and the new screen over at the Ubi forums even though I have given him a bit of a time over there.

I hope GRIN keeps releasing information on a weekly basis. I know they problably wanted to early, but the Ubi hounds wouldn't let them. Hopefully now the muzzles are off.

Sounds very promising, a more realistic shot of what graphics will probably look like.

edges on boots look a little sharp to me, but i think thats down to the jpeg compression of the screenshot.

Definately nice to see a less cluttered screen.Look forward to seeing the tactical map.

Kind of looks like it may be a replay shot, that's where I like to take my screenies from anyway. I like it though, I think it looks completely different from the other pics that were found earlier. The fact that they are saying this is the first shot, and that the others looked identical to the 360 shots, I'm going to disregard them and take this as a first glimpse. That being said, I like it. It does look like the next level for GR. I get the classic feel, thank you GRIN. Keep me happy.

I like it. :D Hell, to me the graphics don't really need to be all that great since I just end up having to turn everything to low detail and low resolution lol. Now if only the game was set in Venezuela, I would love being on the strike team that does something about the Hugo Chavez problem, but then again, looking at what "Mr.Kim" said about GR2 I suppose Mexico aint all that bad of a place... :P

Looks kind of direct x 8ish but to be honest i'm not that bothered about the graphics these days as long as the game place is ace.

Mexican bandits dont exactly strike fear in the heart but i like sandy environs and at least i'll get to type the words "Bajes, we don't need no stinkin bajes".

The best part of it all is the actual release of content.

Looks kind of direct x 8ish but to be honest i'm not that bothered about the graphics these days as long as the game place is ace.

Not sure what screenshot you're referring to, but the last screen released (the one on the original post) is pretty low quality... It looks like it got re-sized from a smaller picture, or maybe it was just the compression. Either way, I wouldn't judge it by that screen.

As for the light blooms you all are talking about, I agree it's kinda weird, but that's the closest thing to the heat sensation and the brightness of a sunny day on a urban place like Mexico City I've seen in games. :rocky:

That looks a lot like a sunny, hot day in Sao Paulo, actually. :P

Ok the pic is fine but UbiRazz has droped a large hint on somthing else.

"Hehe, just you wait a bit longer, or not, some of you may get the chance to play it earlier than you think."

When asked if it would be something restricted to the U.S. he also added:

"I work in the UK so you can be assured that the UK will also be involved in anything I'm involved in."

That's probably good news for some of you. ;)

Ok the pic is fine but Ubi  Razz has droped a large hint on somthing else.

"Hehe, just you wait a bit longer, or not, some of you may get the chance to play it earlier than you think"

Razz this month will suite me fine. :yes:  :yes:

I asked if he inferred I may have a chance to play test it as he was quoting me (you left that out Colin ;) ). I told him that Cobaka and I would be glad to test it in MP. :P

Lots of intriguing possibilities suggested:

- the ability to communicate with each squad member may expand to the ability to control each member with a context sensitive order, place 1 man here, another there,etc, as long as there is a team order, ie entire team to regroup, move to, attack, suppress.

- the cross com system expands the ability to order airstrikes from GR 2 to include recn by UAVs, airstrikes from gunships and possibly interaction with or control of MPCs and/or armor.

- advanced leaning system

- new tac map features, some pathfinding potential, who knows, ability to assign waypoints in coop would be good. Definitely a gridded map.

- new AI features, an enhanced team AI would be much appreciated from earlier games.

Lot of potential here.

Yeh, here they are ARDelta found them.

So much for todays exclusive 1st PC screenshots, we had PC shots posted here at the end of last month!  :P

Now I'm confused, I thought everyone knew those were PC screenshots, considering they were released along with the official announcement from Grin?

When I read "First PC Screenshot" on the front page I was like "Huh? What about those other 3 last month?" :huh:

Or do you mean they're the first screenies with a "PC seal" on them?

I just wanna clear this up, sort of. We posted that was the first PC screeny beacuse that is exactly what is posted on the ubi forums by ubirazz here where he posted "here is the first exclusive screen for the Ghost Recon PC community", on Monday.

Also if you check the official site "http://www.ghostrecon.com/uk/" Mondays news item says the same thing "here is the first exclusive screen for the Ghost Recon PC community" - BUT, scroll down a few news articles and you would see this "Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter PC screenshots", from the end of June!

If anyone can explain that, I am all ears.

In the meantime I have edited my news post and changed "First" to "New"

I dont think anyone ever claimed the three screens from before as accuall PC screens. The file names would lead one to believe so however, but saying that I have seen the exact same ones recently on diffrent sites which refer to them as Xbox screens.

I would go with Razz's word on this one. tho it would be nice if this was cleared up on the Official forums.

EDIT: Re reading it, mabey its exclusive to the official forum go'ers? :wacko:

Edited by MissLoki

I dont think anyone ever claimed the three screens from before as accuall PC screens. The file names would lead one to believe so however, but saying that I have seen the exact same ones recently on diffrent sites which refer to them as Xbox screens.

I would go with Razz's word on this one. tho it would be nice if this was cleared up on the Official forums.

EDIT:  Re reading it, mabey its exclusive to the official forum go'ers?  :wacko:

Please read my post again, in particular the part beginning "Also if you check the official site "

Those three screens were called PC screens right there on the official site.