GR2 Pushed back to May?

Scubaman3D

Amazon in the UK has release listed as March 1st.

That's bad enough but May....... Jesus are they deliberately trying to drive us up the wall!?  :wall:

Maybe it was march...well it was one of the 'M' months, but I remember that he said it was coming out the same month Splinter Cell 3 is to be released, when ever that is.

The guy also said that he has a chance to play the X-box version of GR2 and said the biggest improvement over GR1 was the graphics. When I asked him if it "felt" like GR he said it felt like "A more realistic version of Counter Strike."

That dosn't sound good...

The guy also said that he has a chance to play the X-box version of GR2 and said the biggest improvement over GR1 was the graphics.  When I asked him if it "felt" like GR he said it felt like "A more realistic version of Counter Strike."

That dosn't sound good...

Please don't listen to the guy working at the game store. I don't know how many times I've walked into game store and was told inaccurate/outdated info on stuff I knew about.

And unless the guy at the store went to the recent public demos of GR2 in San Francisco or North Carolina or London UK, or is a beta tester at RSE or Ubi, there's NO way he played GR2 aleady. :no:

The official Ubi line is that GR2 PC will be out Q1 2005. That means anywhere from Jan-March 2005. GameSpot is reporting Feb, but I would hope it's later rather than earlier, as the more time they have to work on it, the better. I would be happy if the game came out in May if that meant more time to improve the PC version :thumbsup:

BTW, all versions of Splinter Cell 3: Chaos Theory are slated to be released simultaneously in March 2005.

Who cares!!! I just want a game that is going to work well and play great!! IF this means waiting a little while longer then fine, I'll wait.

The last thing we all want is another RavenShield game, which just did not work and needed another few months (at least) to get it working properly.

If the above did happen, where GR2 was released before it was properly finished, I wonder how many people here might be calling for UBI's head on a block, and how they should have taken longer over the game?

But hey, if March is the right month, then great, I can't wait!

Those game store guys do speculate a lot about new games. We should here more facts late this year or early next year about GR2 for the PC and as Cobblers stated "Who Cares". Just give us a GR2 worth waiting for. :shifty:

Great... :angry: Guess I will have to call up there and tell them to make sure I was put on a "pc" list not a console. Oh well, at least I have Far Cry to play in the mean time. I have debated running a GR server again, I have not seen a game since GR that offers up such great server admin options.

I have not been in these forums in months....glad to see its doing well.

i really dont care if its delayed a bit longer, GR1 was released unfinshed and still is, same with RVS.

I want GR2 to be good, minimal glitches and good gameplay, if that means waiting 6 months or so then thats cool, 1 less distarction from college work :lol:

Gotta agree with dave on GR not being finished, if it was, you would not have as many 'loopholes' in certain maps.

I see people really concerned about when it is going to be released. Just be patient, I would rather wait and have them do a good job with a LOT of beta testing than rush another project out and have it be chock full'o bugs. I have seen games released ahead of sked and have game crippling bugs, there is a game out there that was released in such bad shape that before the first patch came out, if you tried to uninstall it, in certain computers and certain games, it would WIPE OUT (yes, you read that correct) your harddrive, gone. This game was released by UBI. You had to save it ALL the time for fear of crashing to desktop, corrupt save game files.

So please, let the company take their time. If anything, it will only make it better.

you can leave the map on CREAKBED and SMALL DOCKS. Just about any incline can be considered a GLITCH. On maps, especially, SMALL DOCKS you can go INTO objects and shoot out of them, and not take any damage.

It is for those reasons that I think it is not really finished.

there are so many glitches in GR ts not funny, virtually every crater in the game makes you a glitcher and you can be punished on ladders for using a crater as cover, when it gets to that stage you know there is a problem. Thats why i said it was unfinished too, smaller things was stuff like no linux support, no command line admin control. Its my fav game no doubt and to be fair it is old now but the glitched just shouldnt have been such a big problem, kinda defies the point when you are not allowed to use effective cover.