GR2 Pushed back to May?

Scubaman3D

my biggest beef with it is the fact that alot of the glitching spots are where you can get a tactical advantage, caters, hills, ramps, inclines and the like.

It is kinda bad, and it is a 'gentlemans' thing to not do those things, even though it would make perfect sense to them.

"gee, stand here in the open or go prone on that ramp. Oh wait, because it is considered unfair, I can't do that."

oh, well, it is still a good game. maybe they will have learned from their mistakes.

They (RSE) could do a quick (3rd) Expansion Pack for us PC'ers so the waiting isn't that hard/long  :D

I'm sure they still got maps we've never played before.

RSE has already done a third expansion pack based on the GR engine - it's a stand-alone game called the Sum of All Fears :) Grab it with the Tom Clancy Counter-Terrorist Pack if you haven't already got it.

If you think that doesn't count, then there's the Frostbite mod that many consider the 3rd "unofficial" expansion pack :thumbsup:

Red Storm does have a few new maps that they did for GR:IT Xbox (e.g. "Trenches" and "Ruins"), but I doubt they will ever be ported to the original GR. Perhaps if we ask nicely, RSE can update these maps for the PC version of GR2?

http://forums.3dretreat.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5353

The Jungle Storm maps were created by Ubisoft Paris, not Red Storm.

erm that stinks but then it doesnt. Well Serellan...good job on the xbox version really looks sweet and i bet you didnt sleep acouple nights while working on it :P . Hope the PC version will be better though. :gun:

The guy also said that he has a chance to play the X-box version of GR2 and said the biggest improvement over GR1 was the graphics.  When I asked him if it "felt" like GR he said it felt like "A more realistic version of Counter Strike."

That dosn't sound good...

Please don't listen to the guy working at the game store. I don't know how many times I've walked into game store and was told inaccurate/outdated info on stuff I knew about.

And unless the guy at the store went to the recent public demos of GR2 in San Francisco or North Carolina or London UK, or is a beta tester at RSE or Ubi, there's NO way he played GR2 aleady. :no:

The official Ubi line is that GR2 PC will be out Q1 2005. That means anywhere from Jan-March 2005. GameSpot is reporting Feb, but I would hope it's later rather than earlier, as the more time they have to work on it, the better. I would be happy if the game came out in May if that meant more time to improve the PC version :thumbsup:

BTW, all versions of Splinter Cell 3: Chaos Theory are slated to be released simultaneously in March 2005.

I do know in addition to the events you listed Ubi has held specific manager training events with EB and GameStop in a number of cities where GR2 was played. These of course were not open to the public, so it is possible that this guy played GR2 - i don't know. Not that I agree with his assesment of how it plays having played it myself here in SF and as to the release dates I don't know anymore than has been said already...