Playing too much GR?

XRW_Hotdog

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@the_Slink I had a hard time getting through your post because I haven't quite gotten the knack of running 5 windows on gr.net at the sametime yet. Althought I have gotten good with responding in three different forum threads at once. :devil:

You know you are playing too much GR when:

You replace your windows start up sound with the GR theme song.

Your wife tells you dinner is ready and you tell her you have to wait for reinforcements to arrive.

Stout Hearts

Warhawk

1. :ph34r: When you see your ex-wife, you shout, “got a tank” or “got armor”.

2. When you see a couple :sheep: protesters :stupid: you think, “got non-combatants”.

3. When your wife or lover screams at you for going anal you shout, “to deep” :wub: .

4. :wall: When you get up in the morning and take a leek and accidentally hit your leg you shout, “cease fire”.

5. When you finish making love you scream, “huah”.

6. :o= When a woman slaps you, you cry out, “hold your fire” or “watch your fire” or “Murphy, Murphy”

7. When your buddy tosses away an empty beer can you shout out, “look out, grenade”. :huh:

8. :devil: When you sleep with a friend’s girl, you think, “all your base belongs to us”. :ph34r:

9. When you first get on top of your woman, you shout “in position”.

10. When you are about to shoot while making love your wife stops and says, “holding position”.

11. When you see a hot babe and she gets out of your view you shout, “out of site”.

12. When you first go to a bar and notice all the woman are nasty looking you shout out, “this could get ugly”.

13. When you go to bed you scream, “taking cover”.

14. When your woman is on top you say, “were pinned down” :hehe:

15. You know you played to much GR is when asked to show a family photo album you pull a binder out with nothing but GR screen shots and say "roger that".

16.(My all out favorite)You know you played to my GR when you do all your talking to your family through radio even when they are standing in front of you!

Edited by ScornDrake

• 2 weeks later...

The "thousand yard stare" was a euphaism used during the vietnam war to denote someone who had seen too much combat. It was said that they were looking out ahead for enemies everywhere they were. Or so this is how it was explained to me. Those who know different may correct me as necessary.

Stout Hearts

Warhawk

this ones kinda scary.

i have a lot of trouble remembering my team chats (short term memory is shot) so i usually jot them down. i always lose that paper or spill liquids on it or ash on it or something. so i found a laminator at the office. dude, i now got this little card with all my team chats -- color coded mind you -- nice and laminated. airguitar.gif

The "thousand yard stare" was a euphaism used during the vietnam war to denote someone who had seen too much combat. It was said that they were looking out ahead for enemies everywhere they were. Or so this is how it was explained to me. Those who know different may correct me as necessary.

Stout Hearts

Warhawk

Best example of a thousand yard stare is this:

mccullin.jpg

(Shell-Shocked US Marine during the Battle of Hue by Don McCullin. The best proof I've seen that war isn't fun. (P.S I studied this photographer for A-levels a few years ago, although shocking his work is well worth a look if you like photography.)

New Addition:

You know you play too much GR when you spend over 30 hours making your own personal ghillie suit.

Addition:

You know you play too much GR when you use said ghillie suit to stalk other people you work with.

(I'm military so I get to do that

:lol: )

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...