Percent that GR2 will ever happen

deadly_sniper22

What do you think the chances are GR2 will ever happen?  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Zij that would've saved me some time but I enjoyed the experience of finding the stuff myself :wall:

but "26th April" !!! I was hopeing wishing, dreaming & desperate to find something new but sadly :( I did not.

I have no doubt that you've got an ear to the ground zij so I shall paciently wait for an update :-"

ps. I did say & "lil" investigation :stupid:

When a game sells almost 2 million copies I think they would make another even if it is bad just so they can get more money. But I think they will make improvements. I think it is 100%. You don't walk away from assured cash do you?

all good points made, and i'd love to have the confindence that many of you do about gr2, but, would they not have already started making/announcing it? its been how many years now? also, if they visit this site regularly(which would be smart because of so many members a.k.a consumers) they'd know that we are ready for some more gr, new and improved. and even if they haven't started devoloping it yet, shouldn't they atleast say that there planning too. Even though way back when, when they said they were planning too, it would just be nice to here some confimation, or some up to date confimration atleast! :sheep:

Feel your pain DS, Im hoping for some new and improved combat. Might have to turn to Halo or COD in the near future.

I'm with you there Snake, I've got COD on pre-order already, the SP was pretty impressive I thought, and if the MP performs well I'll be pretty chuffed.

I, even before reading the link from Zjj thought 90-100%.

And like others have said it was such a popular game that they would be stupid to miss out on what would be a massive money maker for them!!! Just got to hope that this doesn't make them steer the game towards avenues that the "real" fans want to see improved.

Just plz, plz, plz don't make it as bug ridden and have a unfriendly server like RvS. Oh and no framerate rubbish too!!!

Edited by Cobblers

Greetings!

I believe two different events has postponed GR2:

1) The uproar against RvS, it's Unreal engine, and it's lack of sales in comparison to GR. I believe GR2's development was scrapped and re-designed, probably because it was heading into trouble like RvS.

2) The continued sales of GR. Why stop riding a great wave? A new GR2 who end GR sales at once.

The new Columbian expansion pack for PS2, should be released for PC soon.

I don't know this for sure, but it makes sense now that new maps have been created. :ph34r:

Greetings!

I believe two different events has postponed GR2:

1) The uproar against RvS, it's Unreal engine, and it's lack of sales in comparison to GR. I believe GR2's development was scrapped and re-designed, probably because it was heading into trouble like RvS.

2) The continued sales of GR. Why stop riding a great wave? A new GR2 who end GR sales at once.

The new Columbian expansion pack for PS2, should be released for PC soon.

I don't know this for sure, but it makes sense now that new maps have been created. :ph34r:

I totally agree here, except I am wondering if they are going to go with GR2 now.

But I especially agree with the point made about RvS really hurting them. That game was so much trouble. I mean I got it Day one, and just a month ago, got it to go MP and be playable.

But, only time will tell.

Also, it has been almost 3 years that GR has been out, and a year since the last expansion pack. (I may be off on the IT pack timeframe, but not by much I dont think.)

I also think that if they are going to do GR2, they are going to have to keep people interested, and that they should get us another expansion pack with some new maps for GR.

Nice thread :)....

I really really hope that the new expansion will be made availible to PC... got kinda stumped when I read about it and that it isn't even announced for PC <_<

Another thing, I've got this gut feeling that they're trying to move the whole thing to console... i.e. we're going to see GR2 there before we get it to PC. I very much hope I'm wrong on that one though.

Just my thoughts.

I wouldn't buy it for my console. But I would lay down the cash for the PC version. You just can't get the full effect that the PC version gives you with your console. I mean all the mods that have been made is what has made GR and I think that if they make GR2 for the console only that would be the biggest mistake of the business careers. But if they do they should look into saying would you like ketchup with you burger.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

A more important question (for me) is not will Ubi/RSE/Ubi/Ubi/Ubi release a game for PC called "Ghost Recon 2" it's will they release a game for PC regardless of it's moniker that we can recognized as a worthy Tactical Realism predecessor to Ghost Recon?

I don't know if Clancy Game fans agree with me or not, but all the Clancy games beginning with Raven Shield appear to me have gotten progressively more Arcady and dumbed down...

Raven Shield for example could have taken a big lead in TR game desing by offering the first realistic ironsigths system, including capable mod support that virtually every other Unreal Warfare Engine game offers, scale realistic features like NIJ III armor, and scale player movement speed... Instead we have a game that in many regrades is faster and more simplistic in Multi-Player then Counter-Strike... Popular with some; obviously -- but not what I was expecting or hoping for...

When Ubi/RSE stymied Fans from modding the game to offer those features and aspects of game-play they most wanted by not delivering an SDK that has been prmiised for years and is still unrealeased -- this is something that's hard to see as anything other then a blatent and rather decisive gesture of ill will and greed motivated product/marketing reorientation i.e. much more forcefully serializing and "Franchising" Clancy games as "Products"...

The direction of the Console games for mass market appeal, and marketing that is virtually bereft of the ideas that are the essence of Tactical Realism is even more worrisome and disappointing.

All of this raises doubt and concern for how much creative control and license RSE actually maintains over it's work... Whether the "Clancy Franchise" will now just become a Publishing tool for merchandising, and whether any real innovation will even be allowed...

I was really hoping to see deep game design innovation on the scale and level that Ghost Recon offered over and abive alternative products, and seven see significatn evidence of that on the X-Box -- not just new render capabiliy...

While I'm sure many would disagree, if I had a choice between a direct X-Box port of GR2 or an expansion and upgrade to the current release of Ghost Recon that improved the sophistication of the AI, offered a more congruent and subtle User Interface, fixed bugs, offered an option for FPWV with ironsights or deep mod support to allow Mod Fans to create such features (and more) -- but with no real render candy upgrades, I'd go with the Ghost Recon update.

:huh:

Edited by Hoak