bp weapons pack v1.1

v1.1 - released

mod_db_image_10_500.jpg

Full Mod: WeaponPack v1.1 - FileFront Link - contains training fix

Full Mod: WeaponPack v1.1 - Moddb Link - contains training fix

Training Patch: Training Mission Patch - FileFront Link 64kb file

v1.1 Additions

This is a fairly small update but a lot of work actually. The main addition is weapon icons in the loadout phase and MP kits. Thanks to GRIN_Wolfsong and GRIN_Straha on gr.net, I was able to get bitmap icons working for all of my weapons as well as some attachments on the defualt weapons. It’s quite a headache to get all of the attachments working correctly, but it is somewhat satisfiying seeing everything come together.

I also did a few minor tweaks here and there to make things more GRAW2-ish. Put my custom Aimpoint on the M14 and had to model a rail mount for it. Some people seemed to really want this, and it is pretty fun to use.

Weapons Pack and Various Defaults

·added bitmap icons to loadout phase

M4A1 / M16A4

·tweaked the foregrip stability stats

Aimpoint, ACOG, and Leupold MkIV Scope

·added reflections to the lens

M14

·added custom aimpoint and rail mount

Multiplayer Kits

·added 4 sniper kits to all modes except RvA

·added 6 demo kits to all modes except RvA

·added 6 assault kits to all modes except RvA

·added 6 rifleman kits(M4/M16) to all modes except RvA

·added 10 rifleman kits(Acogs for Mrc, ScarH/L, M416, and Rx4) to all modes except RvA

Suppressed Sounds M4, M16, Mk23, Mk12

·reduced the suppressed sound volume by 50%

I picked up the full version this weekend and started working on the MP component of this mod. I can't predict what sort of problems will arise though I assume there will be some, mainly because of the mod_id# thing. Not sure what the solution is for that if it is indeed a problem. Good luck, I hope it doesn't cause too many hiccups.

Edit: I forgot to fix the Training Mission before I released this. Usually I write everything down but kept forgetting to note this one as I was getting the "real" stuff to work.

Edited by Brettzies

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

01-CHEERS.jpg

:rofl: Man those beers look tasty.

It was a good suggestion. I think multiple people wanted it, wasn't too difficult to get in. I'm more concerned the MP stuff will get all flipped out.

Thanks for the nice words everyone. Hope it gives you some additional enjoyment in some form.

01-CHEERS.jpg

:rofl: Man those beers look tasty.

It was a good suggestion. I think multiple people wanted it, wasn't too difficult to get in. I'm more concerned the MP stuff will get all flipped out.

Thanks for the nice words everyone. Hope it gives you some additional enjoyment in some form.

yes. i love what u dont w/ the Sniper Rifle. i owned those Mex. if u adding more weapon to ur Pack. i think u should add more 2ndary weapons and handguns and maybe flash if that possible.

Ramirez likes the classics:

http://mysite.verizon.net/the.real.brett/s...2_05_m4_ram.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/the.real.brett/s...2_06_m4_ram.jpg

I added a patch for the "Training Grounds" mission. Forgot that I broke it. :wall: Not that anyone plays that mission, but it is good for testing things out.

i wondered why it didnt load up and crashed lol.... have you thought of adding the 5mm MRC as a secondary weapon? would be a good backup to the M-14 / Aimpoint. . .

Uh-oh. I uninstalled and something bad happened. It wouldnt let me log on to the gamespy server. When I press the multiplayer tab, it says connection failed. I had to do a full reinstall of the whole game.

Pretty easy, really-

just go into the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\Local\English\lib\managers\xml folder and find the weapon_data.xml.

Edit that and look for the particular weapon you're interested in, in you case the MR-C that Brett added.

Look for:

<weapon_data unit="mrc" name="mrc" weapon_id="3" inventory_slot="primary" inventory_slot_id="3" gui_unit="mrc" price="160" damage="1.21" selectable_weapon="1" player_weapon="1" grenade="0" cal="crye" wizby="1">

Change inventory_slot from ="primary" to ="secondary" That simple.