GRAW 2 - New GameInformer Mag

kretzj

Just got my GameInformer mag in the mail today... GRAW2 is cover-page story, with interivews at Red Storm (hint) and includes screen shots.

For the PS3 and X360.

NO MENTION OF A PC VERSION AT ALL.

Now, GameInformer has a tendency to be console-oriented so this might not be the complete disaster it first sounds like. But still... there wasn't even a question of IF a PC version was inbound.

BTW - from the console version screenshots this is NOT where the [GR] fans want the franchise to go. The HUD is even MORE cluttered, more gee-whiz sci-fi stuff included, etc.

New character type - the medic. "The medic can heal people an unlimited number of times. He's also the only character that can heal the player's character, Scott Mitchell"

I might be able to scan the pages (if Rocky, et al approve the posting)...

-jk

Callsign Disappointed Beyond Belief

EDIT - I accidentally had typed PS2 instead of PS3

New character type - the medic. "The medic can heal people an unlimited number of times. He's also the only character that can heal the player's character, Scott Mitchell"

-jk

Callsign Disappointed Beyond Belief

:rolleyes:

Now all we need are medpacks to complete it's transformation to arcade game. Soon it will be GR:CoD.

i think rabbi made a good medic statement once

something in the line to stop bleeding and some small improvement over being untreated

a medic can be a very tactical and realistic tool

if done in a "normal" manner not the god like

" i can heal your broken back with my left mouse click."

Don't get me wrong, I am not against having the medic, but it's the unlimited times a player can be healed that is.

I sense Ubi thinking perhaps BF 2/2142 is the leading competitor for GRAW and is dragging the franchise in that direction ????

As I read more....

The screenshots look amazing in quality, if it weren't for the HUD garbage. The story is still set in Mexico but now it's "both sides of the border" so there is some play in Texas. The storyline is still a bit vague.

What IS clear is this: GRAW2 is NOT a "fresh from the ground up" rebuild, but rather GRAW+patches+updates+better environments. I think GRAW 2 has been in progress from the very day GRAW first shipped... the look and feel from the article is the exact same as GRAW.

Based upon that, I suppose a PC version of GRAW 2 isn't out of the question.... I would have to guess GRiN would be tapped since they know the code. Again, there was simpy no mention of PC whatsoever...

Here we go again, hold on tight folks!

What did you expect? Speculation on what features, if any, that are added to the PC version will parallel what is "known" to be in the console versions.

I sure hope this isn't meant to counter the BF series. We all know that GR was way different from other series around. I'll stop there.

Can u send me some scans via private message...... I cant get out to buy the mag yet... oh and from the screens are the ghosts gonna be restricted to the advanced warfighter gear... i mean if its gonna have mountain terrain and stuff like that are there gonna be different camo patterns?

Edited by ghost627

As much as i like where the console games have come from last gen. Games like GR on console have been one of the many i wish it would of just stayed PC.

I may love GR, but with GRAW2 i find myself not really caring or wanting it. All i want is the classic GR in the woods and much less arcade feel also the two diffrent engines (SP/MP) crap UBI is doing with all there games nowadays. Later on i may find myself still wanting to play GRAW2, but thats just becuase there still aint nothing else out there like it, not becuase it's the GR im looking for!

I'm still waiting on a [OFP: DR] more than i am a new GR on the console. UBI should make a new GR, but going back to the roots of it. As for GRAW itself sure for the fans they can keep it going, but they really should have a new team start a new branch going back to the basics with stealth.

hmm graw 2 gonna be like graw 1? then the ghost recon franchize is then deffinetly dead.

ubi might aswell hold a gun to the back of every [GR] fans head and pull the trigger multible times.

tho i think what the pc players need is a remake of the game that still is a number 1 to many many fans.

hell i dont mind them adding small bits to the game aslong as it feels and plays like the old game we played and loved thats all that counts.

maby we should all come together and say to ubi, we dont want graw2 we want the gr2 we never got.

http://www.gameinformer.com/Magazine/Insid...A-F260921D6C82} Here's a few screens for the GRAW 2 (360) showing off the new lighting system where the light changes within the mission. Pretty nice stuff. There is also going to be weather effects where the rain leaves puddles in other words there will be real time lighting and weather effects according to the article.