AA? in full version?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish they would just take the time to adress the many (only a few really) questions that we, the buyers for their game, have. If they don't have the time, then send someone to the forums to create a thread about it. Will there be AA-support in the full version, or not.

That sounded pissy, but i mean i really want to know.

I can 101% confirm there is no option to set AA, and it cannot be forced in the nVidia Control Panel.

Running two 7800GTs in SLI and 84.43 Forceware.

There is also a mention in the readme file, that forcing AA might cause corruption on textures.

For a new game, the jaggies look terrible.

If it wasn't for the HDR and Physics engine, I could easily mistake this for a game that came out years ago.

I wish they would just take the time to adress the many (only a few really) questions that we, the buyers for their game, have. If they don't have the time, then send someone to the forums to create a thread about it. Will there be AA-support in the full version, or not.

I can 101% confirm there is no option to set AA, and it cannot be forced in the nVidia Control Panel.

Running two 7800GTs in SLI and 84.43 Forceware.

There is also a mention in the readme file, that forcing AA might cause corruption on textures.

For a new game, the jaggies look terrible.

If it wasn't for the HDR and Physics engine, I could easily mistake this for a game that came out years ago.

Set AF to 16. Removed all jaggies I had

Dawn

As far as I know there is no way to remove jaggles in photoshop... Well, not easily. When I need to do it I use the smudge brush, but you can only use that in certain places.

it would take an extremely long time to fix jags in photoshop. i doubt they did that.

They probably ran the game at a high resolution 1600x1200 and then resampled them down to 800x600.

Yes it did <_<

maybe you missed the other threads... or the two earlier posts by ZJJ in this thread

It's not a case of them not "taking the time"

The Devs are having a very well earned few days holiday overseas to recover.

They will be back online soon enough.

With AF set to 16 ingame I have no noticable jaggies. At least not any I can spot.

Dawn

I run the game with 16xAF and the jaggies are horrible.

Sorry if i came off "insensitive" but now i know then - i will have to endure the aweful jaggy textures in the full version as well.

But i bet, the way people have been complaining, GRIN will come out with a patch that turns HDR off and enables AA.

But i bet, the way people have been complaining, GRIN will come out with a patch that turns HDR off and enables AA.

Let's hope so, i can't believe they released a demo without AA, 99% of the average gameplayers are going to delete this demo, let alone buy this game, after 5 mins of gameplay.

Check UBI released screenshots. AA is clearly activated on those or they have used Photoshop to make them look good.  :angry:

Give me AA!  :o=

They reduced the image size. :rolleyes:

I'm sure eventually you will all be able to get AA, it's just a matter of time until there is hardware available that will do it. As far as I'm concerned it's ATI and nVidia's problem to deal with, they'll eventually have to develop anti-aliasing that works with HDR because HDR isn't going away. Let's keep in mind that HDR is forced because it's a gameplay issue. People playing without it won't have to have their 'virtual eyes' adjust when moving between light and dark areas.

Let's be honest with ourselves people, when GR1 came out no one had a system that would run GR with anti-aliasing and decent frame rates. Most of you have put GR1 on some sort of unattainable pedestal, but when it came out it didn't even support mip-mapping and had memory leaks that were so bad most of us were out downloading memory managers just to keep playing for any signifigant length of time.

I'm sure eventually you will all be able to get AA, it's just a matter of time until there is hardware available that will do it. As far as I'm concerned it's ATI and nVidia's problem to deal with, they'll eventually have to develop anti-aliasing that works with HDR because HDR isn't going away. Let's keep in mind that HDR is forced because it's a gameplay issue. People playing without it won't have to have their 'virtual eyes' adjust when moving between light and dark areas.

Let's be honest with ourselves people, when GR1 came out no one had a system that would run GR with anti-aliasing and decent frame rates. Most of you have put GR1 on some sort of unattainable pedestal, but when it came out it didn't even support mip-mapping and had memory leaks that were so bad most of us were out downloading memory managers just to keep playing for any signifigant length of time.

i thought there was hardware out there that can do both hdr and AA

People modified ATI's drivers to run HDR+AA on Elder Scrolls: Oblivion but apparently those drivers don't work for GRAW. Even if GRAW did have the option at this point it would probably run at 10 fps in all practicality we're just not there yet. I used to get upset every time someone released a game that used shaders because it made using AA unplayable and I just learned to deal with it until they started releasing games with built-in AA settings (which presumably avoid that problem by not AA any area that also being pixel shaded). Now I have a better video card and I just shrug off the performance hit on games with that problem (RvS nightvision and death animations for example) because even though the performance hit is still tremendous (cut in half or more in some cases) it's now playable with AA on.

Edited by Thoramir

ive managed to be able to force AA with catalyst control center and the game definatly looks better if only i had the system to run it at 6x and still get a playable frame rate. seems ok to play at 1024x720 with AFx16 and AAx4.

System

AMD64 3400+

ATI 800XT PE

2.5 GIG

But yeah i agree it would be so much easier to be able to adjust in GRAW!

You mind telling the rest of us how you managed to force AA?

Page 1

Link to page 1 of this thread

But on ATI card you can go into the catalyst program and hard-force AA, AF, etc... regardless of the application's selections. I forced AA on the demo, went into the game and turned down AF from 8x to 4x and turned off the dynamic shadows.  Game runs smoother now and looks ALOT better (nearly no jaggies).

I don't have experience with recent Nvidia cards but I would guess there is something similar?

Edited by tangovictor

What drivers are you using Tangovictor? It's definitely been tried by hundreds of people so far and you're the only one reporting success with that method.

I updated to the latest catalyst about 3 weeks ago. I'm not at home right now to look at version.

There has been others saying they got it to work too. Check the other AA related threads with ATI in the title.