Say It Ain't So

Osok

I just read that the PS3 version of GRAW2 is getting 14 additional maps than what we got for the 360 and 3 additional game modes.

Can someone please please please tell me how this happens? The GR series was the Xbox's baby from day one of consoles. Now PS3 comes along and they get the love of these new maps? ######!? I just don't get it.

I just read that the PS3 version of GRAW2 is getting 14 additional maps than what we got for the 360 and 3 additional game modes.

Can someone please please please tell me how this happens? The GR series was the Xbox's baby from day one of consoles. Now PS3 comes along and they get the love of these new maps? ######!? I just don't get it.

Welcome to PC hell, this is what we've had on the pc section of GRAW for the last year v the x360 version, you got all the toys, we v got the bone..... It's not so bad... bones taste good after a year.... :rofl:

FOURTEEN? And are those the game modes that we're missing? Will we be getting those too? I understand 1 or 2 map differences or something, but this is a HUGE difference. Do they have to pay extra for those like we do the DLC?

No big deal if we're getting a free update to add those too, but otherwise this is nuts.

Edit: "And for those of you who prefer to play with a pal, you can expect two new Co-op Modes - "Evasion" and "Exfiltration" - with 6 missions each."

Guess that answers that question.

I'm going to maintain the faith and expect RSE to come through for us on this. It's too soon to start judging. Some kind of response would be nice though. ;)

Edited by Raw Kryptonite

FOURTEEN? And are those the game modes that we're missing? Will we be getting those too? I understand 1 or 2 map differences or something, but this is a HUGE difference. Do they have to pay extra for those like we do the DLC?

No big deal if we're getting a free update to add those too, but otherwise this is nuts.

Eh, no big deal. PS3 is struggling so I am not surprised. They have to do something to turn the tide on PS3 sales. Heck, Ubisoft probably felt they had to do more to increase sales on the system with the least # units on the market.

Remember, just before GRAW2 released for the 360, there was a blog on IGN from Prince that advertised the Evasion and Exfiltration game modes. Obviously we did not get them, and shortly after the game released, RSE finally responded with basically "oops, we goofed, we were confused." Then on the Ubi message board, one of the things that it says the team is looking into is missing game types. That was posted March 16, though. Two months and no more information on if they are still working on fixing bugs. Unfortunately, that is all too typical of Ubi. I guess I assume they are still working on a patch. Who knows?

Now PS3 comes along and they get the love of these new maps? ######!? I just don't get it.

Look how long you've been playing on the 360 while PS3 owners can only anticipate it though.

If both platforms rec'd GRAW the same month, and the PS3 version have x amount extra included, then there would be cause for complaint, but they are getting the game soooo much later, you can't really expect the game not to be enhanced with some extras.

Still don't make me want it on a PS3. Maybe if it was a new game altogether with FPWV and back to old school woods fighting with a CooP mission editor that you can use online than maybe i would think about getting it. Though 14 additional maps is a big number Plus gametypes. All i can do is hope somewhere and somehow the x360 still gets alittle of the love.

Other than that yea i can see them adding in afew more maps to make it look alittle better to get some sales. Yet the PS3 croud is a tuff one when it comes to FPS. GR may need all the ammo it can over there to push the game out the door and even still i don't see it helping them sell more copys except to the ones very early on that planned on getting it, but i do see it being used for more fuel in the forum wars going around and thats about it. Than again the small croud over there is despert for more games so it might sell well!

Now PS3 comes along and they get the love of these new maps? ######!? I just don't get it.

they are getting the game soooo much later, you can't really expect the game not to be enhanced with some extras.

It hasn't been out THAT long. Also, I don't want to short the PS3 owners, this isn't spite. I want to get the same thing is all. It doesn't make sense to have FOURTEEN maps and extra gametypes for just 1 console. The other major console needs to receive the same thing. We aren't talking about just a couple of maps here.

they are getting the game soooo much later, you can't really expect the game not to be enhanced with some extras.

It hasn't been out THAT long.

It isn't due out for the PS3 until the end of August, so even it it makes that date, it'll have been played by X360 owners for what, 6 months? That is a long time in the game world. In that time X360 gamers will have had a full map expansion pack (at least one), and long completed the SP campaign. To release the same title on a new platform 6 months later, a publisher is going to have to do more than release the original game.

The other major console needs to receive the same thing. We aren't talking about just a couple of maps here.

I think by the time the PS3 version is out, X360 gamers will have matching DLC, in all probablility.

Xbox 360 owners shouldn't worry one bit that they are getting the short end of the stick in terms of the GRAW 2 experience. You are incorrect about GR being the Xbox's baby: GR1&2 and GRAW1 all came out on the PS2 platform, all done by a different studio than Red Storm, and didn't do well at all, even with extra maps (or a whole campaign if you remember Jungle Storm)

The critical questions are which studio is developing the PS3 version of GRAW2? What engine will be used? (Most PS2 GR games were ported to the Unreal engine) Will it be a faithful "port" or just a poor imitation?

E.g. see this review of GRAW for PS2

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/tomclan...con3/index.html

So it really doesn't matter how many extra maps or game modes the PS3 is getting ... in the end, it's just marketing hype if the in-game experience is inferior as GR's has been so far on the PS2.

To be honest, even though I run a GR website, if any gamers ask me about playing GR on a PS2, I tell them to play SOCOM instead ...

For me..clearly they have these 14 maps and game modes worked out and created already. So..put them out on the marketplace for the 360.

We just got 7 maps (old remakes) which I like for the most part. To me why hold these back from a community of gamers that has done nothing but support this franchise since day 1. I could give a crap about the PS3. I dont have it wont have it and dont want it. All i'm looking for is some sort of affirmation that we will see those 14 maps on the 360 sometime real soon.

Something odd is going on with this title. I've gamed with a group of roughly 60 or so folks since the days of original GR on the old xbox straight through to GRAW2. Something that cant be said for any other game. But with GRAW2s release the appeal and staying power seems to be fading. Less and less of us are sticking with it. Something like new maps and gametypes needs to come out consistently to keep these games fresh and entertaining. I would hope they don't hold out on giving us these maps for 3-6 months. By then..this title just very well be too far gone.

they better put them in the marketplace or im gunna spam their forums like crazy! PS3 sux they almost ran out of buisness because of it. And big buisneses like square enix are going to xbox now becuase of it.

I think their making a mistake by doing this.

For me..clearly they have these 14 maps and game modes worked out and created already. So..put them out on the marketplace for the 360.

It's not so easy. What if the maps are made by a totally different studio (guessing Ubi Shanghai) on a totally different engine (Unreal). That is NO easy task to port PS3 maps to the 360.

Personally, I'd prefer to have a fewer higher quality replayable maps from Red Storm than just a bunch of extra maps made so marketing can claim PS3 exclusivity.

We just got 7 maps (old remakes) which I like for the most part. To me why hold these back from a community of gamers that has done nothing but support this franchise since day 1. I could give a crap about the PS3. I dont have it wont have it and dont want it. All i'm looking for is some sort of affirmation that we will see those 14 maps on the 360 sometime real soon.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. There were a lot of "exclusive" PlayStation maps for GR (and Splinter Cell too), and obviously you and other GR fans didn't miss them since from the posts here, most didn't know those old PS2 exclusive maps even existed ...

Doesn't look like many posters in this topic has looked into the 14 extra maps announcement very deep. They are included to make use of the additional space on the Blue-Ray on the PS3 compared to the DVD of the 360.

But I would guess that they or others will become available for 360 download as well in due time. Although if they provide the same maps for 360 they will most likely be available only a month or so after the PS3 version is out so UBI can use them to sell more PS3 games.

As for the developer, it's UBI Shanghai who are doing a port of the 360 version and adding to it. As it's a UBI house, I'd say it's most likely it will use the same engine as the SP part of GRAW2 360 does.

And big buisneses like square enix are going to xbox now becuase of it.

This ain't really true. Square has put up an ultimatum that a set number of units has to be sold up to the date of the Final Fantasy XIII release or they will make a 360 port as well. But they have said they will provide some remakes of old games for 360 just like they already have for NDS and PSP.

Edited by Wolfsong