Is The OICW a "noob" weapon?

It is a good all round weapon imo. But not a noob weapon I don't think, it takes a fair bit of skill to use the nade launcher on it.

Any weapon could be a noob weapon, I think it depends on what you choose first!

Hmm, i think its a good weapon on GR, like the SA80.

I think they both have been made to good on the game, the SA80 in real life is no way as good as the one on the game, but then again, you cann't get weapon jams on the game.

the SA80 in real life is no way as good as the one on the game, but then again, you cann't get weapon jams on the game

Very true.....and....bits don't fall off it at awkward moments eg. when you want to fire it :lol:

As convenient as the OICW is I like to change my weapons during MP. It makes the game more interesting for me despite usually then having to play at a disadvantage. 7.62 is a good 'man stopper', so too is an M60. Most of you players I find tend to use SA80's or SOCOM M4's.

DS

I think it is.  Yes the scope is good but the gun is really only good for camping.  Full auto has a bad spray  not very accurate.  Also it doesn't have the power im looking for, I would prefer the SA80 almost anytime. 

Pardon my french....but go back to playing CS and quit complaining about "noob cannons".

Thats not very nice <_<

I started on the OICW and was solid with it, but i gravitated towards the SA80 due to the tight reticule. Nades and SA80 is my kit of choice now. I have to be careful even more since it has less zoom in open maps, which i believe can only make you better with practice.

I really have mixed feelings about the OICW.

On the one hand, I hate it because its too good of a weapon due to guys nade spamming and the scope on it.

On the other hand, I love when we have at least one in the squad, simply for bombing out windows and taking care of snipers.

So all in all, I like at least 1, at the very most 2 in the squad. But when 4 guys have em, bah. <_<

I personally prefer the AK47 / AK 74 then the OICW. Only time I really use the OICW is when I'm playing on a big outdoor map.

Do I think is a ''Noob Cannon''? Naw everyone has their favorites, I mean I use support alot and people keep saying it sucks yet I get around the 2nd-4th most kills and fire less rounds then alotta SA80 and OICW users.

I gotta admit though, its always fun to prove a point to those that say ''OICW is the best, everything else sucks'' by mopping the floor with them with a MP5 or a AK47.

:rofl:

It is a good all round weapon imo. But not a noob weapon I don't think, it takes a fair bit of skill to use the nade launcher on it.

Any weapon could be a noob weapon, I think it depends on what you choose first!

I'm with you.

OICW is my weapon of choice. I don't see it as a n00b gun (because I beat GR on veteran with only the M16, so I didn't "grow up" on it).

The GL is a handy tool (although Sart fell prey to it on Aracde Mode. :) ) for when you run out of ammo etc etc. And use it one nade at a time, not unload 6 at once *guilty* It's all fun, it's a game; no need to classify the guns IMO... :D

I'd say it's a good gun and it deserves more respect than it's given.

I guess you could "sorta" call it a n00b wep, because it is a fairly powefull (and forgiving with the zoom) weapon that a lot of newer players do grab when they have the chance... ;)

I personally hardly use it anymore, unless it provides an advantage in whatever mission it is I'm playing... It does do a great job of drawing enemy fire over hilltop, and the full-auto is helpfull in room-clearing... :ph34r:

It is a future-weapon, and thats part of the allure I guess...

:sheep:

For me it gets very old, Everyone uses either oicw or sa-80 in game. Personally, I think the game model makes them far too accurate than they really are, (barrels are too short for any real down-range accuracy). Most rooms I run, I limit everyone to basic weapons ie. m-16, m-4, ak47, etc. Just works better for me :rocky:

Edited by *FNG*Skunk

In every game there is a rifle that's a bit better then al others and it will become everyones favorite in time.

I do believe the OICW and SA80 are overbalanced (specially scope compared to other rifles). The big let-down for me is with the OICW having 12(!) grenades too launch and on top of that it fires at an incredible rate. They should had made the launcher more like the M16 with a long reload time and less grenades. The OICW might reflect reality but is a huge drawback on online-gameplay.

It just isn't fun playing on a server with 3 respawns and everybody carrying OICW/GL....after 2 minutes you feel like a cocktail....all shaken up.

I don't want to call it a noob-gun though, it depends on the situation.

A sniper on trainwreck-map...that's definitly more noob-ish.

This is a trick question right?!?

It's like asking which came first the chicken or the egg.

Actualy the egg came first...it was layed by a chicken ancestor like the Archeopterix, an ancient reptiles with feathers, wich is the ancestor of all birds, ......so.....reptile...egg...Archeopterix...egg...chicken and all other birds......... :lol:

archeo.jpg

Back to topic:

I like to use the M4 SOCOM with nades.....all matches where i was the one with most kills, i was using it.......its acurate and silent.

The SA80 is a good weapon.....works in every map and also CQB in FA mode.

I dont use the OICW that much....except when we're playing Defend or teams with more tham 5 per team and its a great weapon for the job.