What are you reading?

XavierOnasis

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note - Teeth of the Tiger is supposed to be the last in the quote-unquote Ryanverse.

Without Remorse

Patriot Games

Red Rabbit

Red October

Cardinal / Kremlin

Clear and Present Danger

Sum of All Fears

Debt of Honor

Executive Orders

Rainbow 6

Bear / Dragon

Teeth / Tiger ----> Prologue found here

Edit - My bad.. switched Patriot and Rabbit around. Fixed now.

What you mean...

Actually that is just the way I read them only Red Storm Rising first I just started with the first book Clancy wrote and published (Hunt for Red October then went down the list in his books...Red Storn Rising...Clear and Present Danger.......

Edited by Kamakazi

I must say again that I just made that list up...in the order I read them...I now know that I am wrong...I am even missing one or two of the books...

I kinda take it in a JRR Tolkien universe type of way...you read the book that catches your eye first (in the Tolkien universe it is usually LOTR of the hobbit) those get you interested and you just follow your eye from there...if you try to read them in a specific order and say you dont like a book then you might not read the ones after it

@XO: Don't worry for all those with movies except catcher (which i haven't seen the movie yet) i read the book first and for cuckoos nest, the book was ETERNALLY better!

@Kama: Read the hobbit, it was good, started reading LOTR but halfway through the first book i was bored senseless when, you know the part, it goes summat like this, "They were walking down the road when the black riders appeared so they hid, and the riders rode by. Then they walked some more. Then the black riders appeared so they hid, and the riders rode by. Then they walked some more.Then the black riders appeared so they hid, and the riders rode by. Then they walked some more.Then the black riders appeared so they hid, and the riders rode by. Then they walked some more.Then the black riders appeared so they hid, and the riders rode by. Then they walked some more. (etc...)" So i got bored and gave it up...

Mind you i was in grade six or seven at the time...

@ Sgt. Croc: Are you studying to be herpetologist?

Eh..

– August, 1971 – on page 527, Emmet Ryan says of his son – “Jack would be returning to Boston College in another week or so”; so we know the end of summer is imminent;

– October, 1971 – on page 537, Emmet Ryan says to his son, Jack, “Eleven months’ worth, Jack” referring to the murder cases he had been working on since November, 1970.  That would make it October, 1971,which tracks with the timeline of the story

Jack's there, just not a player.

Seriously in-depth chronology found here

I thought that Sum of all Fears would be one of the first, as it is before Ryan Married, before he became an agent. It was also before Grier, correct?

But what is weird is that Grier actually recruited John Clark, not Bill Cabbot, or am I lost here?

yeah, i was a little mean i mean it appears as though your life revolves around that book ( and GR) ;) but it was really boring espescially being what was i uhhh12 or so at the time...

No you werent being mean...heck I think that some of the Fellowship book is boring it just drags on and on...

Pretty certain SOAF is after the Admiral has died.

Also in SOAF, the marital troubles of the Ryans is a fairly large plotline. Found the part I was looking for

On page 46, Clancy tells us about the eight Zimmer kids, but Buck Zimmer dies in Ryan’s arms (end of C.A.P.D.) telling Ryan he has seven kids and Ryan promises to take care of them.  Presumably, Carol was pregnant and Buck didn’t know.  We learn the truth of this at the bottom of page 512.  Anyway, in T.S.O.A.F. much is made of the relationship Ryan has with the Zimmer family.  The newest child, Jacqueline Theresa Zimmer, was born after Buck died (page 294).  Liz Elliot tries to destroy Jack and break up his marriage by exposing his alleged “illicit” relationship to Carol Zimmer.
Fear the Clancyfaq.

To be edited out - Hope this gets sorted out before Your Nemesis finds this thread :devil:

:rocky: Iam reread the elite mag from the the late 80"s

there were around 120 mags with 3 story in each

lot of rare unit history like artist rifle ww1, LRDG, the sas in aden

yeman, para ww2 ect

some you guy from the uk will remmber them