DSL

Yes, yes it is. You'll find that you spend more time on the web than you would with a 56K. It's all that *wasted* time dialing out that kills ya.

I got a decent DSL package, but I'm considering upgrading to 1.0 or 1.5MB d/l and 512KB upload. Just gotta dig up some cash. <_<

[Topic moved from Ghost Recon\General Discussion to Computer Discussions]

The only downside to a faster internet connection is . . . . . your soon gonna need a bigger hard drive (or a 2nd one) due to the increase in downloaded stuff :P:lol:

:)

My speeds have sped up a lot lately. I used to be around 150Kb/s, now im pushing 160. My uploads have gone up around 4Kb/s also... plus, when my downloads start, im downloading at 800Kb/s for a few seconds, then down to 700 for awhile. Its sooooo nice. :wub:

I've got 56k at home and 2mb leased line at work. The worst difference for me is browsing 2 or more web sites at once. It is so utterly painful just being able to view one forum at a time. I don't bother with d/l's over 5mb because I can't be arsed to sit there and wait.

• 3 weeks later...

@Nightmare, you could look at cable...my cable can hit over 200kbps as long as the server allows me. And I've never expierienced bad speeds because to many people were on like some companies advertise... :blink: Still an OC255 connection would be nice :D 13.21gbps

See this thread.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...=ST&f=24&t=6206

Also, Satellite isnt total garbage for gaming. Only the satelite Service that use a dial up modem for uploading is garbage for gaming because of latency.

I have played games on Hughes DirecWay, and it was simply put, sweeeeet.

It depends on which Satelite service you use. Hughes I think is the best, and it uses Satellite for upload and Download. Most SAT providers are still using dial up for their upload.

Starband used to be good also, but if Im not mistaken , they went broke.

Edited by phantom110565