NEW Weapons in Future?

the guns in GRAW 2 are well done but there is so much room for improvement.

first, why use the single shot M14? IRL a team like the ghosts would probably use the MK14 EBR version of the M14.

this gun would be so sweet in game because you could then add all types of mods to it, it has full auto, and could be scoped.

VIDEOS

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type...ory=0&page=

PICS

http://images.google.com/images?um=1&t...mp;q=MK14%20EBR

i just feel like this gun fits so much better into the GRAW world than the old M-14 in single shot only

also my next suggestion is simple but would make the game so much more

the ability to mount different sights to the different weapons.

for example i want to mount the E0Tech to the M416...why shouldnt i be able to do that?

that would also add more room for other optics, such as the ACOG 4x scope, which would be great to use for those medium range shots where the red dot just isnt good enough but the surroundings dont need a full sniper rifle

another thing i was thinking about it far less important but would be nice, just being able to choose where to mount to scope, or foregrip.

for example mounting the scope closer to the face would be better for CQB but not for longer shots. mounting it farther would be better for longer shots (the dot is smaller covering up less of the target at distance) and a place in the middle

the foregrip, closer would be for faster turn rate/weapon agility, farther for more stabilization, and inbetween for a mix of both.

just some ideas :)

any possibility any of this could ever happen? or is the support timetable not allow for it.

and would it be possible for modders to achieve any of this?

thanks so much for the game, gameplay is very good and the potential is there to be absoultely amazing!

very fun

for example mounting the scope closer to the face would be better for CQB but not for longer shots. mounting it farther would be better for longer shots (the dot is smaller covering up less of the target at distance)

I can see you have never actually shot one. Dots on a rifle should be in front of the receiver for all situations.

the guns in GRAW 2 are well done but there is so much room for improvement.

first, why use the single shot M14? IRL a team like the ghosts would probably use the MK14 EBR version of the M14.

this gun would be so sweet in game because you could then add all types of mods to it, it has full auto, and could be scoped.

VIDEOS

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type...ory=0&page=

PICS

http://images.google.com/images?um=1&t...mp;q=MK14%20EBR

i just feel like this gun fits so much better into the GRAW world than the old M-14 in single shot only

also my next suggestion is simple but would make the game so much more

for example i want to mount the E0Tech to the M416...why shouldnt i be able to do that?

that would also add more room for other optics, such as the ACOG 4x scope, which would be great to use for those medium range shots where the red dot just isnt good enough but the surroundings dont need a full sniper rifle

another thing i was thinking about it far less important but would be nice, just being able to choose where to mount to scope, or foregrip.

for example mounting the scope closer to the face would be better for CQB but not for longer shots. mounting it farther would be better for longer shots (the dot is smaller covering up less of the target at distance) and a place in the middle

the foregrip, closer would be for faster turn rate/weapon agility, farther for more stabilization, and inbetween for a mix of both.

any possibility any of this could ever happen? or is the support timetable not allow for it.

thanks so much for the game, gameplay is very good and the potential is there to be absoultely amazing!

very fun

There is like a zillion weapons they could have used.

shooting furturistic weapons sounds nice. But I'd take GRAW2 alot better, not to say I don't, if we'd have weapons of today. I've mentioned in the past about this too. one weapon in GR, one in GRAW got axed due to design flaws.

I'd take the ScarH/L and M4's or M468's. hell, the US coast guard has a .50cal assault rifle that is built upon a slightly modified M16 receiver(the magazine well is enlarged)that would be fun to shoot, but the mags would be limited in rounds per mag and heavy mags.

I'd like to have seen modding abilities like GR too. that way we can have fun shooting foreign made weapons as well. yeah, yeah I know, this is a US spec ops team but still so was GR.

aw hell.. gimme a good cold beer just the same :tv:

ok basically, is there any chance of more weapons being put in game or is it a case of shut-it and be happy? lol

and the MK14 isnt a futurustic weapon, simply a modernized classic, that fits well with the Ghosts arsenal of modular weapons, thats all, i see it as an upgrade to the M14

the other things were just thoughts rolling off my head, and the only one of any signifigance is really being able to have different optics for the same weapon.

To be fair to the OP, the Mk14 gives me the horn.

http://www.athenswater.com/images/MK14_MOD_0.JPG

haha ya it is a sweet rifle, just imagine a ghost weilding that bad boy w00t

i never played any of the mods for GRAW 1, how do they play (i heard the engine gave modders a hard time?)

that would be great to see some really good quality mods come out with new content :)

I'd like to see a Tavor (pretty sweet weapon system), any of the Cobray machine pistols (Mac-10 or 11) and some AKs. I mean how do you have terrorists or freedom fighters without AKs? I find it pretty hard to believe that even in the future economy of Mexico that anyone is going to have HK guns as standard issue.

very fun

Yes choosing optics would be nice :D Mounting closer or farther from the face has almost nothing to do with dot size in real life, it just the matter how much "closed" is your eyesight when you are looking through the scope and how fast is your transition.

And OrgazmO I have to partly disagree with you. If you have Picatinny on top you can choose where you like to mount you optic sights. But yes it's smarter to put on in front of receiver :thumbsup: Are you in service or just for hobby dealing with weapons? oa_15_m5_sniper.jpg

Edited by MaKsA

Then you best do some study on the Mexican Army bud.

I did. and though the government is STARTING to use the G3 and phase out the Mexican made weapons, it is a long way off from providing G36 or XM8 weapons as standard issue.

The Mexican Army has been using the G3 as it's standard issue for ages.

They are slowly phasing in the FX-05 Assault Rifle and phasing out the G3 as they go.

The FX-05 is cosmetically similar to the G-36.

Edited by Ballistic

What most of you seem to totaly miss while getting picky about who uses what firearm ect. is that GRAW is fictional scenario based in the realworld near future so commenting on what people use now is somewhat futile.

My vote does go for a Mk14 shorty with aimpoint :P GRAW 2 has a better wep selection but it would be awesome to have an extensive aresenal at your teams disposal.

Edited by Xenon_MD

I say it was a conspiracy where all the nations of the West got together and decided to take William Wallace's Aks away from him. Seriously though, the only reason the British invaded Scotland in the first place was for the sheep...

Even Carlos Ontiveros knew better than to mess with the British Isles.

But Mexicans in Scotland taking on Mel Gibson and angry sheep with THICK Scottish burrs, wielding only their G3 and FX-05 assault rifles? Sounds like the beginning of an AWESOME B-comedy flick...

But Mexicans in Scotland taking on Mel Gibson and angry sheep with THICK Scottish burrs, wielding only their G3 and FX-05 assault rifles? Sounds like the beginning of an AWESOME B-comedy flick...

That's the storyline used in a new upcoming movie, 'AKheart.' They tip it to be a blockbuster. His counterpart in the movie is 'Edwardo Longrangeartillerios'