Mission 3: Welcome to Juarez

The first missions ran smooth w/o any problem, in the coming levels I had an unplayable framerate. I had to turn the textures generally down on "low", just put up the weapon and character textures to high to get the game going again.

Maybe turning down the textures could help for you as well. :)

Did anyone else get a huge drop if frame rate when you first scan the area that the tanks sits in? I thought I had it down to the anistophic filtering, but now I'm not so sure.

I thought you had upgraded/ rebuilt your PC only a month ago ? which Graphics card was is you went for ? (I'm a lazy basket, and can't locate Rockys great rig building adventures) ;)

Did anyone else get a huge drop if frame rate when you first scan the area that the tanks sits in? I thought I had it down to the anistophic filtering, but now I'm not so sure.

I thought you had upgraded/ rebuilt your PC only a month ago ? which Graphics card was is you went for ? (I'm a lazy basket, and can't locate Rockys great rig building adventures) ;)

Nah, I thought I was going to have to rebuild due to games crashing out after a few minutes of play, but I tracked it down - a blocked air duct on my 7800GS, preventing the card from cooling. All fixed now :thumbsup:

Yes! First mission, nice but later has got a bit jerky :P But I'm probably pushing it at too high a res for my card (1950Pro)

Excellent game though, aint it? Even on 'normal' I'm struggling to get passed a gun emplacement after taking out 4 roof snipers at a cross roads. Picked up the Mule at this point. It seems to want to do it the hard way!! There's a van in the road and instead of going around it the Mule tries to run over it with varying degrees of success :rolleyes:

I do like the ability to replenish from it though. Up to this point I'm stuck with a crap weapon instead of my favourite Scar L with scope, GL and silencer. Such a slick tool :thumbsup: Evenso, after about 12 tries I still haven't got passed this damn gun emplacemt.

GREAT version of GRAW Grin, love it! :rocky:

I had massive FPS drop in third mission. I think its because large open areas and lots of friendly and enemy AI.

please help me, i'm stuck in this mission..

i have tried several times to kill the tank before it kills me but i was not lucky :P

so, here is what im doing:

i put my team outside of that door at the airport (in that corner where u get in there) and then i go to upstairs and try to use my zeus (tried from several positions at upstairs) but the tank is always getting me first.. :s

please tell to total noob how you guys sorted this out....

i have tried several times to kill the tank before it kills me but i was not lucky :P

i put my team outside of that door at the airport (in that corner where u get in there) and then i go to upstairs and try to use my zeus (tried from several positions at upstairs) but the tank is always getting me first.. :s

What I did was put my team on the bottom floor, hidden, and made sure one of them had a zeus. I go upstairs, kill a few tangoes, and then peek around the wall, as soon as I see the tank's turrent moving up towards me I run like hell back into safety, and immediately command my teammate to attack the tank. Since I killed a few tangos while on the second floor my teammate should be relatively safe when taking out the tank.

Oh, on my first attempt at the mission I killed the tank when it made a U-turn and started driving away from me. But I lost two teammates. When I tried it again the tank never made a U-turn so maybe you can see if it does it to you.

Edited by Lethal.Ambition

I played it first 3 or 4 times in Hardcore and kept getting waxed by the tank or a shooter that showed up as I was trying to get a lock on the tank. I then got frustrated and dropped the level down to Easy and was able to do it from the roof as well. I tried dropping a 40MM HE round on the top of the tank first to take out the MG on top but unlike in RL the MG is invincable and could not be damaged, so avoiding that gun was also hard to do.

I still don't like not being able to get weapons from my teammates.

Edited by Fletch

In [GR] you could not actually get a weapon from them, but you could play any AI by switching to them making the team extremely useful. With the improved AI that we have now it makes this issue less important.

When GR:AW2 was in wish mode I and a couple of others had hoped that a similar mode be put in the game or the ability to get secondary weapons from your teammates. Reason was they took forever to shoot the ZEUS at anything and would end up dead because of it.

As far as what gun took enemy ammo, I think in RL the AK-47 can use our 7.62mm ammo but we can not chamber theirs.

Yes! First mission, nice but later has got a bit jerky :P But I'm probably pushing it at too high a res for my card (1950Pro)

Excellent game though, aint it? Even on 'normal' I'm struggling to get passed a gun emplacement after taking out 4 roof snipers at a cross roads. Picked up the Mule at this point. It seems to want to do it the hard way!! There's a van in the road and instead of going around it the Mule tries to run over it with varying degrees of success :rolleyes:

I do like the ability to replenish from it though. Up to this point I'm stuck with a crap weapon instead of my favourite Scar L with scope, GL and silencer. Such a slick tool :thumbsup: Evenso, after about 12 tries I still haven't got passed this damn gun emplacemt.

GREAT version of GRAW Grin, love it! :rocky:

If its the mission i'm thinking of, it took me a few tries to do it. The one where you have to assault the train yard? If it is, study your map. There is an alternative approach that gets you behind the MG nests ;) If you cant see it, just edge out and lob a grenade where you think it is. at least he will have his head down if the blast doesnt get him.

I find frame rates are fine on my machine. Im using a X1950XT (Radeon), 2Gb RAM, C2Duo at 1.8Ghz. Textures are set to medium (it wont let me set higher), with character and weapon textures set to high. No problems at all.

Edited by the_duality

• 2 weeks later...

As far as what gun took enemy ammo, I think in RL the AK-47 can use our 7.62mm ammo but we can not chamber theirs.

[offtopic]

US/NATO ammo is 7.62 x 51mm while Russian is 7.62 x 38mm

[/offtopic]

I'm liking the new nade explosions, more better and more useful :D

• 1 month later...

I've cleaned area in front of airport - destroyed tank and killed all enemys. But I don't get any confirmation to continue further on with mission. I've checked every corner for possible enemy's but no sign of them. Help?

[Merged with existing thread]

Edited by Pave Low

• 2 years later...

:wall:

I've cleaned area in front of airport - destroyed tank and killed all enemys. But I don't get any confirmation to continue further on with mission. I've checked every corner for possible enemy's but no sign of them. Help?

[Merged with existing thread]

I have the same problem!

In GRAW2 in "Welcome to Juarez", At the airport area, I have destroyed the tank, killed

everything in sight, have 2 loyalest alive but can not complete the

section. In searching around, if I try to leave the area - the game

ends!

The Notice for "Assist" is still there, but the tank is evedently on

top of it. I can not figure out what to do. HELP!

Edited by mexicobob