Americas Army....by redstorm official..

5timechamp

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True Soldiers runs on the GRAW 2 engine...16-player online co-op...

So it's a game made by RSE that features a fairly well established game engine, and involves modern, group combat from the perspective of a squad of soldiers using modern, established equipment?

So that's where the sequel to GR is. :lol:

True Soldiers runs on the GRAW 2 engine...16-player online co-op...

So it's a game made by RSE that features a fairly well established game engine, and involves modern, group combat from the perspective of a squad of soldiers using modern, established equipment?

So that's where the sequel to GR is. :lol:

if you watch the trailer you would know this to be...um.. :huh:

I *actually* got the shakes when I heard about this. LOL It's HUGE.

My only issue is with the white dot on the screen (see the video and last few screenshots). I hope that isn't in the final version. ROAS didn't have that, forcing you to use iron sites/scope to fire accurately, which contributed immensely to the realism.

I *actually* got the shakes when I heard about this. LOL It's HUGE.

My only issue is with the white dot on the screen (see the video and last few screenshots). I hope that isn't in the final version. ROAS didn't have that, forcing you to use iron sites/scope to fire accurately, which contributed immensely to the realism.

I'll write a better post when I'm done wiping the tears away from my eyes!

Oh Happy Day!!! :Dw00t

Nice thing about developing an AA game is you don't have to worry about Colt getting all pissy about using their weapon designs.

Ah GR2...what you could have been had you not divorced the PC...oh well.

Definetly on my shortlist for x360 games to get.

Looks very promising. Have my issues with using the GRAW engine though. Ie disappearing grass and concrete bushes ; and after watching the video it still seems like the soldiers run like supermen. Hope these issues can be fixed by modding the GRAW engine.

Id rather see foilage similar to that from the mountain falls remake. Bushes that can be got into and used for concelament. And im praying that 8 MP maps is a misprint. Unless of course they are absoultely huge then 8 will be fine.

At first reading the game looks like a spiritual sucessor to [GR].

Talk of big open maps, FPV, Realistic Accuracy, Methodical team play. All sounds impressive.

The only gripe i have is the GRAW engine being used. Unless its heavily modified then we'll still see the same problems. An environment that looks nice but is completely static. Grass still disappearing at 20 metres, bushes that are seemily made of concrete, sprinting uphill and generally running too fast.

So please lower the graphics a little so that grass appeared at a distance. Make the bushes more like the bushes on mountain falls so that we can actually conceal ourselfs in them. Lower the running speed in general and introduce greatly reduce it for moving through water, mud or running up inclines/stairs.

Plus 8 maps is very little unless the maps are huge and we are able to alter the gametypes so as to utilise the entire map. And please make them large OPEN maps. Not large maps with loads of choke points. We want maps like Rolling hills, Ghost town or Farm. Not large linear maps like Caldera, Locks or Dam.

Plus add a level of randomness into the gameplay to prevent predictability creeping in. Siege on GR2 was great at this with random offensive spawns.

Potential this game looks like the game the Gr hardcore community have been asking for. If these problems ive just listed dont appear in the game then im sure it will fully restore our faith in RSE as a premium tactical shooter developer.

I like running in AA, but it was done right on the black box: it took into account exertion and recouping from it. Good system, I hope that's in here as well.

I wonder if the first aid part of GRAW 2 came from this? I do like the way that's done in GRAW2. Add someone that trains as a medic to do a better job with the first aid and you've got a system for AA.

Honestly, I don't think much of this game right now. It looks to me like Ubi trying to cash in on a known title name by shoving the AA name on a game using their proprietary GRAW2 engine, which doesn't necessarily fit the AA needs.

Watching the video it really does look like a GRAW expansion.

The video looked WAY too much like a game of Sharpshooter in GRAW2, for my tastes.

I really saw no positives other than better graphics and animations in relation to the original AA on Xbox.

RSE has placed a reticule on the screen, which in the video, I saw players using to accurately "fire from the hip."

They have the confirmed kill ID at the top of the screen, EXACTLY like GRAW2. AA had no confirmed kill indication, which was awesome. If you wanted to confirm a kill, you better have walked over and checked that body.

You can't tell what RSE is going to do with running/stamina/aiming effect, but recent history is not in RSE's favor that they will treat this in a realistic manner. They seem to want to push the line as far as possible on the side of having players run around and fire accurately.

What they should be doing is making a game that plays EXACTLY like AA but with better graphics, animations, and fixing the bugs that were in AA on the Xbox.

It looks like they are continuing the philosophy of making games less unique and more simple.

Page 1 of the interview and info

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/795/795776p1.html

Only problem I see right away, is its scheduled for September during Halo3, and hasn't been mentioned at all till now, so with so little time till release, are they not hyping it for a reason? Hopefully not shovelware. The other thing that is interesting is its first person only view.

America's Army Invades Xbox 360

Red Storm brings the next installment of the Army's official videogame exclusively to 360.

by Hilary Goldstein

June 11, 2007 - Master Chief has some competition in the form of true blue U.S. soldiers. Red Storm, the team behind Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2, is set to bring America's Army: True Soldiers exclusively to Xbox 360 this September. True Soldiers, officially sponsored by the U.S. Army, brings the popular series to the next-generation of consoles.

True Soldiers runs on the GRAW 2 engine and features a number of improvements on previous America's Army titles. You'll be able to build your soldier in single-player, choosing one of five roles (Rifleman, Grenadier, Automatic Rifleman and Sniper). You can then take those skills and bring the heat online in any of eight maps developed by Red Storm under the guidance of the U.S. Army. A reward system for honorable actions is also in place with the Play-Lead-Recruit feature, to encourage gamers to act like real soldiers. Add to this the latest in high-tech equipment and weaponry and you have the most authentic Army experience a civilian could imagine.

We spoke with Randy Greenback, Creative Director on America's Army: True Soldiers, about Red Storm's latest military assignment. Greenback disclosed considerable intel on True Soldiers, including adversarial multiplayer details and 16-player online co-op. Yes, you read that right. At attention, soldier! Here's everything you need to know about America's Army.

IGN: Why make the next America's Army game exclusive to Xbox 360?

Randy Greenback: There were a couple key factors that led us to the decision to go out on the Xbox 360. First and foremost our experience level on the 360 is much higher, having gone through the development of GRAW and GRAW2 multiplayer. The second factor is that the installed base is much larger, which translates to a greater opportunity for a wider audience to experience the game.

IGN: What refinements are being made to the gameplay in relation to America's Army: Rise of a Soldier?

Greenback: Team play is definitely going to be the focus of the title! Players will be rewarded and perform more effectively if they play together as a Fire-Team, practicing and developing their own SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) for any given situation. Multiplayer games are going to come down to what team has employed the best overall team strategies over the course of a match.

AA: TS tracks what players are on each Fire-Team and encourages them to work together with their specific team members. Every Fire-Team has a team leader and the Alpha Team Leader is the Squad Leader. Squad Leaders play an important part in the battle, passing orders to the Fire-Team Leaders which in turn then communicate down to their teams. Squad Leaders can turn a losing situation into a victory by calling in well-timed and accurate Artillery Strikes on enemy locations. Once the smoke clears, it is up to them to work with the other Fire-Teams to come up with a plan of attack to push the enemy back to their base.

IGN: How will this be different from the experience of playing Ghost Recon?

Greenback: First off the First Person View will add more immersion to the game and allows us to highlight our new weapons models and iron sights. Aiming and shooting will be more realistic, in-line with what players expect from an officially licensed Army game. AA: TS also features a more methodical style of gameplay and will reward teamwork over running and gunning as a lone soldier. We chose not to include any solo multiplayer gameplay modes and as a whole tried to focus only on gametypes that were tailored for team play.

IGN: Will the single-player have gamers facing realistic situations based on the current war in Iraq or are you staying clear of this?

Greenback: We are steering clear of any current Iraq situations as well as any other real-world scenarios.

I know one thing OS Perry, you gotten to play with me and a good amount of the people i play with. Just about everyone of us ain't getting Halo3 so this is will be very welcome in September. Hope you join us for some games and im sure you will LOL.

Anyways only thing i hate about the details in AA is it only has 8 maps. Since it is a AA game and only with a small number of maps. I can only wish this game goes for $20 to $40. Any higher i may think twice and only rent it like i do with must games like this!

This is great news. Well deserved badge for RSE for their great work in the Ghost Recon series.

Nice.

First Person only, EXCELLENT

Weapon is in view. EXCELLENT

True Iron sights aiming EXCELLENT

Looks like no reticule...which adds to the realism. EXCELLENT

Only concern I have would be a possible "shortness" to the game. I would be disappointed if they limited the multi-player experience to 10 maps (or some insanely small quanity.)

I sure hope it has a lot of maps.....along the same lines of the quality and quantity of GRAW2.

The HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of console gamers looking for a tactical game should be delighted with this news. The HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of the "other" console players may get to learn a thing or two from this release......

Could this possibly set the stage for the Blackfoot game "to be named later"?

This is great news. Well deserved badge for RSE for their great work in the Ghost Recon series.

Nice.

First Person only, EXCELLENT

Weapon is in view. EXCELLENT

True Iron sights aiming EXCELLENT

Looks like no reticule...which adds to the realism. EXCELLENT

Only concern I have would be a possible "shortness" to the game. I would be disappointed if they limited the multi-player experience to 10 maps (or some insanely small quanity.)

I sure hope it has a lot of maps.....along the same lines of the quality and quantity of GRAW2.

The HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of console gamers looking for a tactical game should be delighted with this news. The HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of the "other" console players may get to learn a thing or two from this release......

Could this possibly set the stage for the Blackfoot game "to be named later"?

In the grand scheme of things, I'd rather count my chickens than be stuck with a leaky, half-empty glass....

The game has been officially announced FOR ONE DAY!!! :wall:

It seems that the people hating on this game, are the same people conjuring up conspiracy theories about a GRAW2 patch cover-up (which turned out to be DEAD WRONG) and hating on GRAW2 in general as well.

I'm just sayin'.... ;)

Edited by MAX419

I for one am very happy to here that Serellan and his crew at RSE are the one putting together this game. I have no doubts that it will be very well done. If any of the crew has played the xbox AA then they are probably just looking to upgrade graphics and fix the small issues (getting stuck in doorways when crawling).

I loved the way AA:RoaS made each team look like the enemy and how you could here chatter from opposing forces when the were near, but it was scrambled into some foreign language.

Thanks RSE crew. September can't come soon enough.

GQ

I heard that, I'm still stoked about it!

Got a lot of questions I want to ask about it, but I'm expecting something really good. Glad it was RSE that got to work on it.

...and there IS a reticule of sorts, a white dot. Not much, but it's enough to change the game a LOT with shooting from the hip like every other shooter. Maybe it's just there while the game is being developed though. ROAS did not have that and it was one of the big details that made it so nice.

I heard that, I'm still stoked about it!

Got a lot of questions I want to ask about it, but I'm expecting something really good. Glad it was RSE that got to work on it.

...and there IS a reticule of sorts, a white dot. Not much, but it's enough to change the game a LOT with shooting from the hip like every other shooter. Maybe it's just there while the game is being developed though. ROAS did not have that and it was one of the big details that made it so nice.

have never played AA on the PC or the black box (xbox 1)...for me this looks just like, and I mean just like GRAW with a first person view and nothing more. It has the same game engine which means the same graphics, it has the same game features and classes, it has the same co-op features (16 players and 8 co-op maps).....it even has the same kill icons in the top midle of the screen ( i hate those.....why announce kills?)

Still after all that and all the similarities it may well be a good game....

Edited by Brettzies