Brettzies M4 mod v3.3 - update

v3.3 released

mod_db_image_08_500.jpg

Full Mod: M4 mod v3.3 - FileFront link

Full Mod: M4 mod v3.3 - Moddb link

v3.3 Additions

This is a very small update. Nothing really significant. I prefer to release a new weapon with this, but I haven’t had the energy to make one as of late. However, after watching Tears of the Sun again, I felt like putting the Handguards on the M4. So, I have updated that model and its attachments. To avoid multi-player problems, I took off the ironsights for the Mk12. I was also able to lower the Aimpoint slightly and still keep the aiming correct. This is a bit more appealing then the “tall†Aimpoint in previous releases. Finally, I made a new ret for the ACOG after seeing some more realistic images of what it is suppose to look like.

M4A1

·added handguards

Aimpoint & ACOG

·lowered the Aimpoint as much as possible to be a bit more appealing and realistic

·adjusted the ret for the ACOG to be closer to real life

Is there any chance of getting the Eotech from the MRC onto any of the other rifles? You have no idea how badly I want this.

bscap0001zl6.jpg

bscap0003tn8.jpg

bscap0004eb8.jpg

bscap0005sr5.jpg

metal20gear20solid204qu9.jpg

Also, I was messing around with some sounds, and I really would like to see something different on the M4, M16, and Mk23. They're just not as good as the Mk12 (which is just superb). Hell, if you can give me some instructions on how to cut sounds up and mix them to get the premixed 2shot, 3shot, and auto loop, and end sounds, I wouldn't mind doing it myself and contributing them. Not much else to do before GRAW 2 hits, anyway.

[edit]

Outcast: it wouldn't make any sense to give the Mexicans AKs of any sort. Their last rifle was a licensed G3, and it's being replaced by the FX 05, which is pretty similar to the G36.

Edited by Arethusa

I made a BHD camo style m4 like the one Hoot uses. But I still cant get it to work without the shine. Ill post the link to a bmp format so someone can change it to a dds dxt 5 with the right alpha. Or someone just show me a tutorial on how to do it myself.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/6862/desertm4cs1.png

Edited by Commander Outcast

I made a BHD camo style m4 like the one Hoot uses.

Hmm, bp_m4v1 sounds like what you really want : )

To take off the shine, you need to save your dxt texture with a black or near black alpha channel. I set it to 190 RGB values I think. I just didn't want to spend time doing bump and spec maps. Those would actually make it a little eaiser on people wanting to do their own re-texturing of these, but I probably won't be doing those.

• 4 weeks later...

You think you can make the Harris bipod for the MR-C? I tried it last night, and it just ends up on the barrel. Funky looking (better if you at least add the silencer) but does wonders...

Is there any chance of getting the Eotech from the MRC onto any of the other rifles? You have no idea how badly I want this.

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1126/bscap0001zl6.jpg

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6130/bscap0003tn8.jpg

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/2786/bscap0004eb8.jpg

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1193/bscap0005sr5.jpg

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/295/met...solid204qu9.jpg

Also, I was messing around with some sounds, and I really would like to see something different on the M4, M16, and Mk23. They're just not as good as the Mk12 (which is just superb). Hell, if you can give me some instructions on how to cut sounds up and mix them to get the premixed 2shot, 3shot, and auto loop, and end sounds, I wouldn't mind doing it myself and contributing them. Not much else to do before GRAW 2 hits, anyway.

[edit]

Outcast: it wouldn't make any sense to give the Mexicans AKs of any sort. Their last rifle was a licensed G3, and it's being replaced by the FX 05, which is pretty similar to the G36.

That's a cool looking game by those screenshots, is the game on console only?

Yeah. Metal Gear Soild was always a PS exclusive game. PCs rule!! Anyway, back to the topic. I would really love to see the MR-C combat sight on the M4. I think the game "BlackSite Area 51" did that. It is realistic as it is also a NATO rail attachment.

BTW, I think the sounds for the M4 and M16 in the game America's Army is the most realistic you might want to have a look at them. I have used one before and I know what it sounds like. I love the camo skins by the way, I wonder if you could put it in the next version of the mod?

Edited by meepokman

• 2 weeks later...

question,

is there some way that i can back the camera off slightly when i zoom with the acog so you see more of the sight itself. in real life your eye wouldn't be that close. i think it would be better if it felt like you were actually looking through a sight as apposed to just basically having a full screen reticle come up. i know its not like call of duty style or anything, your clearly looking through the model but it feels too close and i think the mod would feel more realistic if you backed it off slightly

-Phil

OK, I'm gonna feel like a dummy here, but how do you install this mod? I tried and tried and tried, and had it in all sorts of fllders under all sorts of names, in all kinds of different directories, but never got anything out of it. Weird. I mean, REALLY weird. I USED to know how to get GRAW mods to work.

But anyhow, I'm really anxious to get this working on my machine and give it a whirl, and can't figure out what I'm messin' up. HELP! (Via PM if you please)

WOW! Just freakin' WOW! Forget the great modelling job. Forget the really good sounds. A mod made me respect the M16 again, for the first time since I joined the Army in 1991. WOW...

Yeah, I got it working again. Deleted EVERYTHING except the original downloaded file, and started over from blank. Extracted it with WinRAR to the local folder, then just renamed the extracted folder to 'english' and POOF- it's BROCCOLI! The new intro video sequence was cool, too. But yeah, I actually prefer to carry the M16A4 with ACOG and front grip. It PWNz...

GREAT MOD!

WOW! Just freakin' WOW! Forget the great modelling job. Forget the really good sounds. A mod made me respect the M16 again, for the first time since I joined the Army in 1991. WOW...

Yeah, I got it working again. Deleted EVERYTHING except the original downloaded file, and started over from blank. Extracted it with WinRAR to the local folder, then just renamed the extracted folder to 'english' and POOF- it's BROCCOLI! The new intro video sequence was cool, too. But yeah, I actually prefer to carry the M16A4 with ACOG and front grip. It PWNz...

GREAT MOD!

Glad to hear you got it to work and that you like it. I'm in the process of trying to put it in Graw2 right now. Only have the demo to experiment with though.

GREAT MOD!

Glad to hear you got it to work and that you like it. I'm in the process of trying to put it in Graw2 right now. Only have the demo to experiment with though.

well my copy of GRAW2 arrives either Monday or Tuesday... so if you want a BETA tester just give me a shout