Is it just me or is everyone running faster?

BigOlBrain

I agree 100% about the paint ball referance. I play paintball about every other weekend, and even overwieght and out of shape I can get aroung the field very quick and the game doesn't seem to been in overdrive to me . I mean do the people posting complaints about the speed want the game in slow motion, were you are able to pick someone of at a dead run. In paintball it is fairly difficult to hit a moving target at range, but paintballs are not bullets. And this is a ''TACTICAL SHOOTER'', use the speed to your advantage.

Well you two are the minority here so far because most think it's too fast. To me it's way to fast and not that I really want to get into the whole "I can run so fast in real life" thing but I'm not sure you would be running as fast in full gear with a real gun?

Anyway, that's getting off topic. The point is that people move really fast to the majority of people playing the game....at least on this board. When I see guys running across the map it looks ridiculous imo....I mean they are just flying. Should we be able to run at top speed all the time in any direction?

IMO the [Ghost Recon] was a tactical shooter and in part because yes you ran a little slower. See it's not so easy to run and gun when the run is a little more realistic. It makes you think before running across the map like a complete crazy man. But hey if that's your thing you can certainly do it in this game.

To each his own I guess....

Personally I think "GHOST" needs to be taken out of the name. It's no longer Ghost Recon...it's just Recon. I do like the game, it's still fun and it looks great but it's consistently changing and not for the better a lot of the time.

Still, will I buy it? You bet....

No what i am saying is yes when I am sitting on my couch at home I believe "hey that guy is flying I wish he would slow down so I could pop his head" That feeling gets your finger itching and makes you want to pull the trigger. An inexperienced player may pull too soon and miss or to late and miss. Like anything it is timing. What I am refering to is the developers attempt to give you that stressed feeling of breathe focus calm down and squeeze don't pull that soldiers feel to those of us that are sitting on our couch. This is just my reasoning as to why the developers may keep the speed of the game where it is. Like anything else we all just learn to adapt to it and get used to it.

No what i am saying is yes when I am sitting on my couch at home I believe "hey that guy is flying I wish he would slow down so I could pop his head" That feeling gets your finger itching and makes you want to pull the trigger. An inexperienced player may pull too soon and miss or to late and miss. Like anything it is timing. What I am refering to is the developers attempt to give you that stressed feeling of breathe focus calm down and squeeze don't pull that soldiers feel to those of us that are sitting on our couch. This is just my reasoning as to why the developers may keep the speed of the game where it is. Like anything else we all just learn to adapt to it and get used to it.

Well now that's an interesting excuse you got for'em.

So let me see if I understand what you're saying here. You're saying they made it this way so that it would be harder to hit the enemy? So we would have to use "timing" to take them down....right?

Well then couldn't you say the same thing about Unreal Championship? It's a FPS where everyone runs around so fast that you really have to guess their next move to hit them. Same thing, right? So maybe we should all be running around and jumping in hyper speeds, no? Of course not....and why? Because it's not realistic in the least bit and this was supposed to be a more realistic military game.

And what you described is not my idea of "stressed feeling". The stressed feeling I remember was back when you had to stay hidden or you were dead. You knew if you went out in the open you were a dead man..end of story. It was stressful running from one cover spot to the next because you knew if you were seen that it was over for ya. It was about not being seen (AKA GHOST) and not about who can pull the trigger faster.

I think part of what I'm seeing here is a new generation of Ghosts Recon fans. I'm not sure many of the people on this board were around when the [Ghost Recon] came out. But that doesn't matter really because this is Ghost Recon now....and evidently I'm lost in the past.

I don't know about all that...

Never played unreal tournament but if you wanted a realistic game why play one with "UNREAL" in the title?

Just kidding Just kidding.

On a serious note... I have played every installment of Ghost Recon. Each on Xbox based platforms. The Original and 360. I also played the first on PC. Hated it cause i hate mouse controled games. So i decided to stick with the console games. Now I own a mac and PC gaming isn't really an option.

Anyhow, I don't know I mean to each their own as you said but I have been a GHOST fan for a long time if the name of the game was GHOST and solely GHOST then we would all have Gillie suits, long ranged silienced weapons. We also wouldn't have armored support. But this doesn't matter. Truth is I think I am going to love this game. GRAW 1 was fantastic. I guess speed could be a problem but I just don't think it bothers me quite as much I mean when I am shooting at someone or they are shooting at me they better expect me to haul butt and I expect them to move move move. Yes you are right the " I am this fast in real life" is a stupid argument. But lets just all agree to believe that since this is a good old American Elite force that they all have the speed of Olympic Sprinters, and the endurance of marathon runners.

One more thing back to my original post.... What weapons are you guys using personally I love the Rx4 storm... any input on that... I have heard the MK14 is great is it suppressed?

I don't think it's any faster than GRAW. Maybe they're just better at uphill without the hopping thing that was in GRAW, but I don't see a speed increase. Travelling on flat land doesn't seem any faster.

For now, the M556 is my favorite weapon. I don't like double zooms, and it seems to be a very accurate weapon.

Edited by Raw Kryptonite

....and evidently I'm lost in the past.

Apparently I am as well. Been on GR since the pc days through xbox and now 360. Owned every single game in the series. I really hope this isn't a move to try to appeal to a broader gaming community such as run/gun Halo Unreal-esque play. Thatd be real sad.

Faster than GRAW or not, it is too fast. I thought GRAW was a bit too fast as well.

The bigger issue though is that you can keep running at that speed forever and not receive any fatigue penalty. You should both slow down and have more of an accuracy penalty the more you run.

Further, it should be nearly impossible to be moving and hit anything. The side to side strafing is particularly lame.

See how they handled these issues in America's Army if you have questions on how to better represent these issues.

See how they handled these issues in America's Army if you have questions on how to better represent these issues.

Amen to that. AA did a LOT of things the right way. Wish my PC could handle the full version but I'm stuck with the xbox one. They hit the nail on the head with that game, wish GR and Rainbow would pick up on more of those elements---or that Ubi would manage to port another version for the 360.

I don't think the running speed is to fast nor the problem. The reticle barely changing size while running is the problem though, and takes away from slow paced tactics and positioning. There definetly should be less accuracy on the weapons while running at full speed, or else everyone will start doing the run and gun crap you see in Rainbow 6 with the SMGs.

yea the sensitivity seems to be way higher this year than last... i dunno whether its because i hadnt played a video game in like 4-5 months since the demo came out, but it seems way harder to aim because of the added sensitivity this year

You can't run and gun in Rainbow, your accuracy goes out the window when moving, unless crouched and/or moving slow. Unless you're 2' from who you're shooting at, maybe.

yup you haven't played vegas then

If only you knew how ridiculous that statement is. Even with the 7/9 you can't run & gun. They're accurate, yes, but you aren't going to run & gun and be any good at the game.

Just in case it is missed in the other thread, Serellan told us yesterday during out interview with him that they double checked the code and there is no speed increase programmed into GRAW2, it is the same code as in GRAW.

Just in case it is missed in the other thread, Serellan told us yesterday during out interview with him that they double checked the code and there is no speed increase programmed into GRAW2, it is the same code as in GRAW.

Then why do so many people notice it? People on the IGN boards and playing the game have said the same thing. Something is different....

Here is a 2 page post from the IGN boards...

LINK

The topic starts out:

"I think the movement feels too fast and floaty. Why is it so damn fast? It's like I'm playing Unreal Tournament or something, but on ice skates. If I can run this fast, I should be able to jump up on stuff, shoot rocket launchers in the air, you know, all sorts of unrealistic crap.

When you load the map in the demo, it says that the spaces are wide open, so expect contacts to be mid to long range. There's some sniping spots in the buildings, but overall, the contacts I've having have been close to mid range around buildings and man made obstacles. You know, the kind a COVER SYSTEM work great for?

The graphics are really impressive, particularly the shadowing inside the buildings. I liked creeping in and finding a well shadowed corner to kill from.

There's new guns, most of which I didn't try out. I liked the storms performance, but the clip is pinner, and that matters due to the frequency of close quarters "pray and spray" moments.

Overall, I feel like the GR series is losing all the stuff that made me such a big fan. It's funny, I could never stand playing the Rainbow series due to the aiming system and the feel of the control. I've always loved the GR series for the pace and the very solid aiming and control.

This generation, however, RSV has impeccable aiming and controls, the movement feels real and the pace is almost perfect. GRAW feels, well, not like I want it to."

Here is another reply:

"GR has certainly strayed away from tactical. The fact that I can run around with a sniper and no scope with ease is one of the factors that make me come to that obvious conclusion. Not to mention run speeds and all that as well as other people have noted.

GRAW and GRAW2 are certainly not what made the original was, but they're different. I'm kind of glad for the sake of playing on my 360 more than ever that it isn't overly tactical. Otherwise we'd just have 2 R6's. "

Another one:

"I can't see how you can feel like your character is moving realistically in GRAW 2. I feel like Brian Boitano with a gun."

Another:

"Guys may run fast when being shot at, but the movement in GRAW 2 is totally unrealistic and there is no sense of contact with the ground, which leads to the floaty feeling you get when running around."

And so on.....and so on.

So lots of people are seeing a speed issue that was never really brought up in GRAW 1. There is something different for sure.

Lol it's funny because i let my lil brother play GRAW2 today for the first time and the first thing he ask me was (Why is this guy running so fast), i look at him like " How did you know" because i never even told him this was an issue.

But hey maybe it's all in our heads ??.

Edited by USMC Maggot

While "something" may be different I really don't think it is speed of th echaracter. I just ran River Depot and ran my character around for a bit then backed out and launched the demo and ran around.

Footfall seem to be quieter in the demo. Not sure if it is bacause on the demo you are on grass or if footfalls become louder on different ground cover.

Your character does not move as much while running - on River Depot there seemed to be more side to side movement of the head and upper body while moving. In the demo that seemed to b eless pronounced.

I didn't have anyone else in the room to help count or time it but seemed that I had about the same number of footfalls (steps/strides) in 10 seconds in both the Demo and GRAW.

I suspect the muted footfalls and thes ubdued movement of the characters head and torso when running are the main causes of the "floaty" feel.

Perhaps Ick can do a PDF on movement comparisons between GRAW and GRAW2 ;)

As for the running sniper headshot - if you fire while running the reticle really blooms and stays bloomed until you stop. I agree that the reticle should expand more than it does while you are moving though - it should bloom as much if not more than it does after a shot. In fact I am all in favor of no reticle until you bring the gun up (left trigger)

For me it seems when in 3rd person watchign my character move it might move same as GRAW, but when i'm watching other characters on the map run across my line of sight or chase them its then do I notice the crazy run speed. Something is definitely different.

I dont think my guy runs faster I think everyone elses skipps frames so it looks laggy, this was noted by everyone in the rooms I have been in when asked. I agree with the post below as he describes the blinking from metre to metre.. I dont think its as smooth as in GRAW1,

This was posted on the UBI forums,

"Originally posted by XAleX360:

I have the retail as well and it rocks in really every way except..MP character moves. At first it seemed to me that the pace had been drastically lowered in the demo and I was pretty much in heaven...But then I noticed that not only the pace was still actually the fast one in the demo, but they almost *blink* from meter to meter at times....Thus making totally impossible and silly to aim.

I really hope Ubisoft can patch this, because otherwise the MP portion of the game is seriously flawed. It's not server lag, it's actually related to those very persons' connections: those ones with a poor Internet service become impossible to hit.

It's sad, cause graphics is amazing, and so is gameplay and maps/features setting. So sad. "