Some last minute suggestions

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who dug this thread out of the cellar ? January 2007 , 6 months ago, was that GRAW1 era ? I think we have alot more up to date threads than this .......... I nearly read it. Humbug.

:angry:

To the Lions with this thread.....

hey grin if you are actaully going to release graw2 and delay it why not make customizable charactors like the 360, so that way the skin modders wont have to work so hard

[Merged with existing thread]

Edited by Pave Low

Who dug this thread out of the cellar ? January 2007 , 6 months ago, was that GRAW1 era ? I think we have alot more up to date threads than this .......... I nearly read it. Humbug.

:angry:

To the Lions with this thread.....

Rather a dug up thread that is still relevant than a whole new thread rehashing everything already said before.

- Please lower the tremendous clatter raised while moving in the crouched position. It makes no sense that it is louder than when prone.

It does make sense, because in the animation the soldier has one knee in the ground which he drags after himself. I know that anyone who goes into crouched position does that to become a harder target, to not be seen as well, and when someone doesn't want to be seen he probably doesn't want to be heard either - but it's a balance between realism and gameplay. Some scream for realism, some - such as yourself - have the sense to understand that total realism doesn't always cater for a fun game.

In the sequel, we'll lower the sound you make when dragging your knee across the ground in that manner. So that's one point off you list. :rofl:

Do others feel that this sound has been lowered? Not so much to me? By no means am I saying it has not been and that Desmond22 did not keep his word.. I just find it as loud at me own player. Not sure if it is louder or not for others to hear me?

- Please lower the tremendous clatter raised while moving in the crouched position. It makes no sense that it is louder than when prone.

It does make sense, because in the animation the soldier has one knee in the ground which he drags after himself. I know that anyone who goes into crouched position does that to become a harder target, to not be seen as well, and when someone doesn't want to be seen he probably doesn't want to be heard either - but it's a balance between realism and gameplay. Some scream for realism, some - such as yourself - have the sense to understand that total realism doesn't always cater for a fun game.

In the sequel, we'll lower the sound you make when dragging your knee across the ground in that manner. So that's one point off you list. :rofl:

Do others feel that this sound has been lowered? Not so much to me? By no means am I saying it has not been and that Desmond22 did not keep his word.. I just find it as loud at me own player. Not sure if it is louder or not for others to hear me?

My only gripe on sound, is not that we are loud on gravel surfaces... I can see that as factual, but when you step on a rock, or paved surface, its sounds like you have your percussion instruments located in your boots. Running deserves to be loud..... walking / crouching in gravel deserves to be loud, but walking slowly over a paved surface should be close to silent, unless your Frankenstein that is.

Oh...... And dont forget to look into making Random Team spawns in TDM like in [GR], so its never the same game twice =]... thanks.

on my wish list (some things already said), in no particular order:

- louder weapon sounds

- less loud movement sound when walking (or maybe a stealth mode where you walk slower but silent)

- double tapping "forward" make you sprint (to not annoy others make it an option)

- some kind of "enemy spotted"-command

man, do i look forward to the full release. GRAW 2 rocks!

thanks grin!

Oh...... And dont forget to look into making Random Team spawns in TDM like in [GR], so its never the same game twice =]... thanks.

I believe that Rickard Johanssen in the new developer video says that there are random spawn points for tango's.

"Each time you play the game, you have to look out for the random enemy locations."

- Rickard Johanssen, Lead mission designer & lead artist ( GRIN )

:thumbsup:

Edited by Toniezz

I believe that Rickard Johanssen in the new developer video says that there are random spawn points for tango's.

"Each time you play the game, you have to look out for the random enemy locations."

Thats SP, and Coop. What Im looking for is for them to bring back the random insertions in MP games like Team Death Match.

Not sure if you played [Ghost Recon], but ... when you played Team Death Match, there were 4 possible places to spawn when the game started. For example, a North, South, East, West spawn on the map. And your team could spawn at any one of those locations.

So in example, in round one your team spawns in the north spawn, and the team your playing against spawns South, and in round 2 your team spawns east, and the other team spawns north. Its all random so both teams have no clue where the other team is as soon as the round starts.

As it is right now, both teams know exactly where the other team is spawning, and after a few rounds, you know exactly how far the enemy can run to certain choke point, and it becomes a game of timing instead of skill. Like the demo right now, I can pretty much figure how far to sprint across the map, and about when I should be seeing the bad guy so I can slow down. Now if the spawn points were random, I cant just go sprinting across the map trying to get to a certain choke point, because I have no clue where the enemy spawned, I now have to immediately start looking.

It takes the predictable measures out of the game, and takes the replay value up about 50 notches as far as MP goes.

Thats SP, and Coop. What Im looking for is for them to bring back the random insertions in MP games like Team Death Match.

Not sure if you played [Ghost Recon], but ... when you played Team Death Match, there were 4 possible places to spawn when the game started. For example, a North, South, East, West spawn on the map. And your team could spawn at any one of those locations.

So in example, in round one your team spawns in the north spawn, and the team your playing against spawns South, and in round 2 your team spawns east, and the other team spawns north. Its all random so both teams have no clue where the other team is as soon as the round starts.

As it is right now, both teams know exactly where the other team is spawning, and after a few rounds, you know exactly how far the enemy can run to certain choke point, and it becomes a game of timing instead of skill. Like the demo right now, I can pretty much figure how far to sprint across the map, and about when I should be seeing the bad guy so I can slow down. Now if the spawn points were random, I cant just go sprinting across the map trying to get to a certain choke point, because I have no clue where the enemy spawned, I now have to immediately start looking.

It takes the predictable measures out of the game, and takes the replay value up about 50 notches as far as MP goes.

Here here

Well put Judge Recluse, it has been said many times before, and it is worth to emphasize again, I do hope multiple insertion zones with a random insertion option will be there for TDM MP. A big shame it was droped from GR really...

Here here

Here here... here. :)

The MP demo is WAY too predictable. In some cases it reminds me a lot of the VERY original Unreal Tournament in where once you learned the maps and the spawn points there was no skill... it was all about running as fast as you can to a designated spot in the hopes you got there before the last player you whacked before you were killed yourself. Boring game after 15 minutes.

-jk

I wonder if we should make the last few comments into it's own post? I know GRIN looks at most if not all posts .. but this is something I think we'd all be in agreance of.

Multiple (as random as possible) spawn points would take this already great looking product over the edge in terms of multiplayer features... I could even for go some of hte other requested changes to get this one implemented...

No never played GR before ;)

I understand and totally agree with you. I missed that you were pointing out to the MP side of the game. I must have been sleeping on that one, because I even quoted you in that fact.

My mistake.

BLOOODDD We want more bloooooodDdd!!! big bulletholes, nice pink clouds, big blood pools around dead bodies, great wall splaters, choped limbs, ahhhh there are so many gore options!, pleeeaaseee GRiN more bloooddd!!

Ummm.. no not really, not all of us I don't think...

I think it's fine the way it is, personally.

Good Job GRIN :grin1: