GR.net GR:AW Modder opens!

Rocky

As per the announcement on the news page, we are proud to anounce the opening of a brand new modding resource for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - http://www.ghostrecon.net/modder

My hope is that this will grow to become a centralised resource for GR:AW modding information. The forums are a gold mine of modding information already, but finding that information can be a little hit or miss, even though things are structured to assist with finding information fast.

Don Miguel has done a remarkable job with his huge GR:AW modding glossary, and there are a few other reports in there already. I'll be making an effort to take the best of the tips and tutorials from the forums and put them in GR.net GRAW Modder, so they can be easily found and referenced by modders when they need info. To that end, if you know of any information here in the forums that should be mirrored in the new modding section, please post the URL to the post here, or PM it to me and I'll get it added ASAP.

If you have any other suggestions or feedback, I't be great to hear them too.

I hope you guys find it useful, it took a heap of time to get set up!

Too Cool cheers Rocky

woop!:) now we just need to put the released tutorials up there aswell ...

Yes indeed nearly done bro?? I have a couple would be map makers moaning on TS all day about I cant do this bla bla :D

colin, why dont you send them the way of the modding forum that way its easier to help out;) and they COULD just open the tutorials thats in their game folder for now;)

Too Cool cheers Rocky

Yes indeed nearly done bro?? I have a couple would be map makers moaning on TS all day about I cant do this bla bla :D

colin, why dont you send them the way of the modding forum that way its easier to help out;) and they COULD just open the tutorials thats in their game folder for now;)

:thumbsup: Done

Too Cool cheers Rocky

:nono: Thats not nice m8

:whistle: But ture lol

• 2 weeks later...

It looks great and the SDK Glossary helped me a bit, but I would like to see a complet listing of the XML script commands and how they are used. Now one have to snoop around in GRIN's map bundles and try to understand how the heck things are connected together.

This site is awesome and without it I wouldn't even had tried to pick up modding GRAW, beeing a real modding n00b! :blush:

It looks great and the SDK Glossary helped me a bit, but I would like to see a complet listing of the XML script commands and how they are used. Now one have to snoop around in GRIN's map bundles and try to understand how the heck things are connected together.

This site is awesome and without it I wouldn't even had tried to pick up modding GRAW, beeing a real modding n00b! :blush:

Thanks, with a bit of a push the modder section could become a really useful resource, I just need to get a bunch of the tutorials found spread throught the forums, plus the offical tutorials in there and it'll make a huge difference.

• 1 month later...

It looks great and the SDK Glossary helped me a bit, but I would like to see a complet listing of the XML script commands and how they are used.

How about these:

GR:AW SP Scripting 1 - Show Enemies by Player Activated Zone

GR:AW SP Scripting 2 - Mission Objectives And The GUI

GR:AW SP Scripting 3 - Triggers

GR:AW SP Scripting 4 - Event Element Types

GR:AW SP Scripting 5 - Demolition Objective

Was surprised there where no lists like these when I started to look into GR:AW about 5 weeks ago. :rolleyes: