TigerStrike

Let me preface this post with this: last week I got owned. Sorta. I came into GS server and some guy named TigerStrike was spamming the bottom of the stairs in Church with a GL. I put myself in a good position and shot him.

Of coarse, I couldn't keep my big mouth shut, so I called him on his "tactics". His responce was to only kill ME the rest of the round. No matter what side of the map I went to, he would bypass all of my teammates to come kill me, approximately 10 times in a row.

Now I was ######, how the hell did he know which one I was? How did he find me in all the corners I was hiding in? But I didn't really have any proof, so I just shutup until he left.

Today he comes back into the server on my team. I see him spawn in and decide to follow him for a bit. As he is leaving the spawn, I can't keep up with him! He's speeding down the map, so I alt tab out and start up FRAPs.

A few seconds later, he decides to run up the stairs on D in warehouses. He looked like a speed fiend chasing his next fix.

For your enjoyment.

It's funniest if you pretend you're trying to shoot at him while the video is playing, you get a better appreciation for how fast he moves. When I accused him he didn't exactly deny it, lol

Please GRIN gods, we need administrative tools! :yes:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I was ######, how the hell did he know which one I was? How did he find me in all the corners I was hiding in? But I didn't really have any proof, so I just shutup until he left.

I guess he can see the names of the enemies the same way we can see the ones of our teammates. I think there was a hack on GR1 like this.

i'm sorry, i don't see it! i know that without a rifle whatsoever you can sprint about 25% faster? who's to say that's not the case here? as in he had nothing but an m9, and then got his rifle through inventory.

i've played with this guy a couple of times. his high scores come from sniping on Wearhouses, and mostly GL usage on ther maps. this is not me vouching for the guy, but i just want to point out that i did in 2 or 3 rounds scored more kills and less deaths than him. is he a n00b hacker? maybe. in any case, that video is not enough to go public with an accusation of this sort.

the fact that he doesn't deny it is great. now if he would be so kind as to announce his IP to us, i would think twice about banning such a sweetheart. so for future reference just try presenting it in a more of a questionable form, Bota X. everyone deserves the benefit of a doubt.

We're talking faster than 25%, he was into the warehouse before I got to the white trailer. He had an MP5 in hand and a sniper rifle on his back, while I had a SCAR. I'm sure you can run faster with the MP5, but that doesn't explain this guy.

So then I shot the vid, and I think it show obvious speeding. Its most obvious at the beginning and end as the rest is based on depth perception, though I know it takes me much longer to get up those stairs!

Edited by BOTA:X

I guess the best way to prove it might have been to capture someone else doing the same thing to see the comparison side by side.

I have to admit...at the very end of the vid when he is at the top of the stairs and darting across to the roof...he looked like he was moving pretty fast but thats just my opinion.

Edited by }PW{ Postal

I too have see this guy speed hacking. It was in the SEC server. We both left spawn and he was outrunning me like crazy. I know if you carry less you can run faster, but not this much faster. He did have a rifle though. Caught a glimpse of it but didn't get a good enough look to what rifle it was.

After the video of him climbing the stairs. There's no question in my mind.

Edited by [99]-Athenian

Well, you could test it by timing how long it took him to run the set of stairs, then run and run it yourself with a pistol, and compare times. As a matter of fact ill go do it now.

But to be honest - Ive never seen anyone go up that fast.

Took him 13 - 14 seconds to climb the whole way, but it is kinda hard to judge since it looks like he stopped on the first lvl of stairs, even then, you can add 2 seconds to be safe so 15 - 16 seconds to climb.

It took me 20 seconds from the bottom to the top with a pistol, and nothing else at all equiped. looks fishy.

Geez do any of you even play this game. It takes ages to run up those steps. Ages. Even with just a pistol.

That is amazingly quick and an OBVIOUS case of cheating.

THAT IS A SPEED HACK - simple.

I don't understand why certain members when confronted with proof, eyewitness reports from numerous sources etc etc etc find some laughable "rational" explanation.

They defend these people despite not knowing them and its just an alias you are defending, they do so in spite of evidence?

I wonder why they persist in this defence of cheaters?

Edited by Jace12

Geez do any of you even play this game. It takes ages to run up those steps. Ages. Even with just a pistol.

That is amazingly quick and an OBVIOUS case of cheating.

THAT IS A SPEED HACK - simple.

I don't understand why certain members when confronted with proof, eyewitness reports from numerous sources etc etc etc find some laughable "rational" explanation.

They defend these people despite not knowing them and its just an alias you are defending, they do so in spite of evidence?

I wonder why they persist in this defence of cheaters?

The reason why is you don't want to convict someone that is innocent or lagging for a night.

I have seen him by our server now and then... not running fast but had a few odd faceoffs with him. Nothing on our server though to convict from. I haven't watched the vid yet but will check it later.

I have ran those stairs myself, and it's a pain to get up them. He was definitely moving fast in my book, at least double speed in comparison to what it took me and I'm good about running up things like that.

Now, I'm not saying he is guilty or innocent, but it does look fishy to me too.

Edited by ToW-Angel

While bringing his mname out in the video was mostly unavoidable, I doubt anyone really appreaciates that his screenname was brought out in the open as the subject of this thread. Probably right about the speedhack, but if it isn't a 100% rock solid fact then I'd just as soon see the name left out of it.

And from wathcing that video, I agree that something seems fishy there.

@Jace- my ubersleuth nose IS a little clogged today. Allergies and stuff. LOL ;) j/k

While bringing his mname out in the video was mostly unavoidable, I doubt anyone really appreaciates that his screenname was brought out in the open as the subject of this thread. Probably right about the speedhack, but if it isn't a 100% rock solid fact then I'd just as soon see the name left out of it.

And from wathcing that video, I agree that something seems fishy there.

@Jace- my ubersleuth nose IS a little clogged today. Allergies and stuff. LOL ;) j/k

I was being a bit harsh but I also realise GRIN thinks there is a problem with dual core processors and movement speed - but that speed is riduculous. I have a dual core processor and run really slow!!

Also maybe a names hack out too....

I am really surprised that anyone can be bothered to hack GRAW for online play as there are not that many people who play..

PS New Cat 6.7s are out for you ATi boys.. nothing about GRAW in release notes - but forced CF mode looks useful.

Edited by Jace12

yea, i guess he's got hot keys for speed settings. that also explains how he's able to do 25 kill sniping sprees and not get picked off. just turbo strafe and click.

Well, I don't know about that one. The sniper-rifle bullet is the size of a basket ball - nearly impossible to miss.

Well, I don't know about that one. The sniper-rifle bullet is the size of a basket ball - nearly impossible to miss.

Yah man, theres time I've shot at people and thought I missed, but they fall over dead. The sniper rifle is too easy..

Yah man, theres time I've shot at people and thought I missed, but they fall over dead. The sniper rifle is too easy..

Ditto. I avoid using it. Too easy to score a hit, and just enough weight left over to bring an MP5SD for up close stuff. I'd rather get PWNed (which happens frequently) carrying an M8 or SCAR-L...

This "speed-hack" can occure in two diffrent ways. One is that a user is running a program thet helps them gain speed. The other is that they are using a dual-core computer. There is a known bugg in the dual-core processor that some times things can go much faster then it should. This can happend without the players intention to cheat. This is a general problem that is not only showing up in GRAW. There is a fix to be downloaded at the processor developers homepage.

But I would not worry that much about speedhackers when the next patch is out. :g_guns:

I'm neutral on this one :ph34r: