Names vs Reticule

I haven't seen this covered before, but do you guys like the names up all the time? I find it annoying. Countless times i have came around a corner in domination and not fired upon an enemy because my teammates name was on the guy, even though he was on the other side of the map. In GR1 i preferred reticule. Will this ever be an option?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree. names is a much better recognition instead of cluttering the screen. it was my understanding that these diamonds weren't going to be in the pc game. or maybe it was the red diamonds that are in sp that weren't going to be there.

never played [GR] but i find it useful, you can see teammates round the corner, see who can give u support/who u can go give support to e.t.c. it really helps (me) seeing where everybody is in the first person view and seeing where everybody is :)

Yep agreed, "Show friendlies" should be a 3-way option: 1) on (the most easy setting) 2) reticule (i.e. when you aim at a friendly", or 3) off (the most realistic and difficult setting).

Importanly, the most easy setting allowed should be server controlled (as in [GR]), which is very important for laddering etc.

:g_guns:

I'm surprized this hadn't come up earlier. Reticule of course (point and then see name only) is my preference. It also helps in keeping the game tactical as you need to think before you shoot and make more use of your command map (which btw if you could hit a key and make it bigger would also help)

With servers that have over 20 peeps the names start getting in the way.

Edited by ROCOAFZ

I haven't seen this covered before, but do you guys like the names up all the time? I find it annoying. Countless times i have came around a corner in domination and not fired upon an enemy because my teammates name was on the guy, even though he was on the other side of the map. In GR1 i preferred reticule. Will this ever be an option?

only when it's you in my reticule roco. this way I always will know where you're at :rofl:

Yep agreed, "Show friendlies" should be a 3-way option: 1) on (the most easy setting) 2) reticule (i.e. when you aim at a friendly", or 3) off (the most realistic and difficult setting).

Importanly, the most easy setting allowed should be server controlled (as in [GR]), which is very important for laddering etc.

:g_guns:

CLIENT SIDE SWITCH ONLY

Never had a problem with the system that GRIN has implemented, but there has been occasions when I thought the enemy was a friendly, This is all part of Cross-com. Now if GRIN wants to give you the option to switch on/ off cross-com then THAT IS YOUR CHOICE but don't force it onto others, leave it as a client side option switch !!!!

Some of you think because you have a problem all have a problem, and I concede to you the option of a client side switch this will not force everyone that has no problem to have your FAVORITE SYSTEM IMPLIMENTED.

So ask GRIN for a client side feature to switch on/ off / or alternate BUT NOT FOR SERVER SIDE modes that suit you.

good point thou

viii

I had the same experience! That was too funny 'cause we look each other try to understand what was going on...

Fortunately I was faster then him... :g_guns:

viii,

Server side switch would allow Ladders and Leagues to implement rules to make it fair across the board.

And papa6 Splitz sucks you shouldn't be so hard on him he may cry. :D:devil::D

Definately think server-side switch would be better. You want to see the names? Don't play on a server that has them turned off. Pretty simple.

I agree but then server decides all the basic things like friendly tagging.. which sucks too

certain things should be left to the user and tags is one of them, or server has the option to allow tags for none competition matches...

But the whole idea of tags is from cross-com and if you want realistic 2013 warfare then days of NONE TAGGED FRIENDLIES ARE NUMBERED. it's an old idea to have no intel on your men and this game GRAW was the next step after GR1 to show the advancement of that.

I support TAGGING and I SUPPORT the option for client to disable tags if it helps him/her

but I don't support big brother.

but fair comment

viii

Names vs Reticule

Just a little more to add here...

I like names up all the time... it's what I'm used to from GR.

With you CkWarlord 100%, names give you the direction of team mates and when you can hear footsteps, you can tell if it's a team mate. It's the whole concept of Cross-com WELCOME TO 2013, it ain't 1980 any more.

Definately think server-side switch would be better. You want to see the names? Don't play on a server that has them turned off. Pretty simple.

Lets take this to the next step: NAMES & RETICULE OFF why do you need any of them, because your not good enough ?

This type of comment gets nowhere fast, Remember it’s suppose to be 2013, we are suppose to have intel From satellites and we are suppose to have body armour [less one shot kills]. This is not Moh, Cod or GR1 and stop trying to make it so.

I to like it to be tweaked but letting some servers become god to the way it is played is pants ! The argument if you don’t like it find a server that plays the way you do , I say to that, If you don’t like tags don’t play the game, DoH… doesn’t work does it…

You old timer ladder jockeys may want your tags off but your defeating the soul of the game which incorps. Intel at it’s base, it was sold with cross-com not two cups and a piece of string.

You still have the mod route, so you win anyway. mod your server and your happy. All I'm stating is that more play this game and like to have options on their client side. I don't see the point in making server ops. GOD LIKE. When you remove options from clients all you do is force some unhappy dude to create a new bread of hack or cheat. Been there don't that, seen the movie read the book.

There is always two sides and, even when the tags are switch-able there are moans…

CLIENT SIDE ONLY

Certain options do belong to the serverside, kick, ban, game select, map, time etc etc...

but some things remain with the client, like their choice of mouse, screen resolution, graphics FPS speed [considered a cheat by some] etc etc..... and the crosshair,crosshair colour etc etc is client !!

p.s. GRIN please make crosshair/ Reticule colour user adjustable R,G,B, some suffer eye strain trying to track the bluey grey.

viii

Lets take this to the next step: NAMES & RETICULE OFF why do you need any of them, because your not good enough ?

That would be ideal but not meet everyone's liking.

If someone comes around the corner... check your map.. .that is your satelite info. Why get it in the way of your vison? Heck it's 2013, why can't the satelited see the enemy right? Fair gameplay is why.

What i am saying is all the names floating around takes away from the immersion. You are susposed to communicated with your squad rather by chat or comms. You are susposed to be aware of who is around you via the map. And you are susposed to identify your target before pulling that trigger (You do realize the enemy looks different don't you... or maybe you don't if you are going by names)

Names up all the time promotes running and gunning on public servers with no thought

Reticule made you point at your target before getting the name, meaning your teamate had to be on site or you had to check the map to know where they were.

Server option allows the host to control it. If you don't like it find a server that keeps names up or start your own.

friendly names and diamonds should be toggled on or of individually, client side, names maybe server side but the diamonds do help against unintentional teamkills and i would expect that that will be realistic in future to see friendlies like that or something like that

names come in handy when you want to thank someone for backing you up, or recalling situations to improve on or what ever, makes for better communication,

i like the option of names when pointing at someone because it gives some battle awareness, if you know the person you know the gameplay of that individual and you can take that in to your decisions

if yuo know "a" is a sniper then you know to back him up, but not to shoot at his target, if you know "b" is a nade spammer you can support him/her, or avoid his / her reach,

without names it makes those things a lot harder (especially if you can not run TS or other at the same time)

That would be ideal but not meet everyone's liking.

If someone comes around the corner... check your map.. .that is your satelite info. Why get it in the way of your vison? Heck it's 2013, why can't the satelited see the enemy right? Fair gameplay is why.

What i am saying is all the names floating around takes away from the immersion. You are susposed to communicated with your squad rather by chat or comms. You are susposed to be aware of who is around you via the map. And you are susposed to identify your target before pulling that trigger (You do realize the enemy looks different don't you... or maybe you don't if you are going by names)

Names up all the time promotes running and gunning on public servers with no thought

Reticule made you point at your target before getting the name, meaning your teamate had to be on site or you had to check the map to know where they were.

Server option allows the host to control it. If you don't like it find a server that keeps names up or start your own.

IT'S 2013 END OF STORY !! INTEL COMES TO YOUR HUD DoH !!! the map is part of that HUD. Lets not re-write GRAW, it is a HUD UP DISPLAY and intel is overlayed. If you don't like the name tags then turn them off on your client !!! not on mine.

Via the map like you say but the map is not only the plan of the section of city your in. it's the whole and that inc. intel [names/ positions/ friendly] A MAP with no symbology is useless and the Cross-com HUD is a 3D map

YOU HAVE YOUR NAMES ON/OFF option and your still trying to force everyone to do the same, don't cause I for one don't wan't your version and I want the cross-com that has tags, I want the cross -com that I control.

Everyplayer should be sent cross-com and they should decide if they want to switch it on or off, they should decide if they want to turn off bits of it.

This is going nowhere fast, I conceded to you a on/off names switch and you still kick your feet, if you don't like the tags and consider them a disadvantage, cos you kill team mates then switch them off !!! and that’s the option I give you. But your moaning that now it's unfair.......... f - f -s