Semi Vs. Full Auto

Do the semi auto settings on the rifles seem to be at an artificaily low ROF to any one else? In [GR], semi-auto was my prefered ROF, because of the small accuracy boost, ammo conservation, plus if I needed to, I could panic fire my gun. In GRAW it seems the "bad guy" can always get a burst into me before my bolt chambers another round, making semi auto for the most part, completely useless.

Is it just me? I want my point-fire back! :g_guns:

Edited by Degamer

I have never had this problem but the semi auto works really well when you get the drop on an enemy. Besides most of the times the enemies only take two rounds to kill. IN MP though COMPLETELY different story. If you even attempt semi auto you just end up dead.

pistols double tap fine, as long as you don't use the suppressor. Add the suppressor to the M9 and the rof slows right down. No idea if that's realistic (subsonic rounds have less power, causing the action to be pushed back with less force thus not as fast?)

June patch punishment for being hit should fix that. GRIN said it will be in this coming patch

Wait, huh? What does hit punishment have to do with Semi auto firing rates?

It doesn't fix the rates, but it does stop them from being able to fire back before you get your next shot out ;)

Also the faster weapons will get hits in without return fire.

get it now? :stupid:

J/K :rofl:

Edited by ROCOAFZ

I have a question. I ususally play with a bare XM8 because I love the accuracy and the open sights are nice. Just wanting to know if any MP guns have a 3 round burst?

As far as the ROF on semi auto, I have to agree it is rather slow, and gets you killed more often then you get to kill with it. But as stated that is due to no penalty when getting shot. This will be changed as Desmond said in another post, by knocking the aim in a random direction when struck by a round. So that in itself will help, but still causes the problem of hitting someone broadside while they are sprinting. Half the time you cant fire enough rounds at the target before he gets behind cover, leaving you with little choice, but to go full auto.

So I would not be against raising the ROF alittle so we can actually double tap, or even triple tap with some guns.

the way they set up the recoil, semi auto will never get too popular. doesn't matter if you fired a short 5 round burst or 5 quick single shots; the rets still keep expanding to ridiculous proportions, unless you stop firing for at least a couple of seconds. and if you're using a scope/iron sight - two rounds fired too fast will kick up the view way too high, and you'll end up taking extra time to aim again, whereas with full auto you can usually keep letting off bursts and not having to re-align the sight after each one.

unless the ret blooming gets tied directly to the trigger action, like it was in [GR], semi auto will stay useless, especially at close range.

I get the feeling that there's a conscious effort to minimize the use of careful single shots; between the ROF decrease, the lack of hit punishment, and the decrease in lethality, it's just not nearly as effective as it was in GR1. There are some environmental benefits: I always remember how freakishly quiet GR1 games could be, with single shots ringing out here and there; now, everyone goes full-auto, almost all the time, and you get to hear Desmond's handiwork. Still, I miss rapid firing single shots, especially now that iron sights/scopes are the aiming mechanism.

I get the feeling that there's a conscious effort to minimize the use of careful single shots; between the ROF decrease, the lack of hit punishment, and the decrease in lethality, it's just not nearly as effective as it was in GR1. There are some environmental benefits: I always remember how freakishly quiet GR1 games could be, with single shots ringing out here and there; now, everyone goes full-auto, almost all the time, and you get to hear Desmond's handiwork. Still, I miss rapid firing single shots, especially now that iron sights/scopes are the aiming mechanism.

This thought has crossed my mind as well... Though I never really play much MP, I could see how more bullets flying might be more atmospheric.

the way they set up the recoil, semi auto will never get too popular. doesn't matter if you fired a short 5 round burst or 5 quick single shots; the rets still keep expanding to ridiculous proportions

The crosshair expands to the sides, yes. I guess thats just something to please the GR1-fans. The weapons behave correctly, the crosshair is'nt.

As for the ROF of all the weapons in semi-auto, they are all configured wrong by GRIN IMO.

But thats a simple fix inside all the u_weaponname.xml files.

I've already made the ROF for the handguns set to 50ms delay between each shot (default was 600 or something). If it really is a big concern for you guys for the rifles I'll do the same to them as well in my upcoming revision of my HUD-mod.

There we go, just made the time between shots the same as full auto. Not shure why they would be different anyways.

***Just tested it out and you would not BELIVE how much better it is for me. You kick ass shadow! Its ON now!

Edited by Degamer

There we go, just made the time between shots the same as full auto. Not shure why they would be different anyways.

***Just tested it out and you would not BELIVE how much better it is for me. You kick ass shadow! Its ON now!

nah, I only kick 1s and 0s :grin3:

Yeah, setting semi-auto to the same value as the full-auto is the correct way to go (assuming GRIN got the full-auto ROF right).