GRAW Was Not Worth Waiting!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rocky, yes yes, of course..ad nauseum

@ viiiper, Sorry mate, the deffered lighting in the picture prevents AA. it's a hardware thing... :rofl:

I'm glad you realized I was only having a little joke at what I consider a very good picture-edit

[i really liked it but noticed the jagged edges on the stick and thought !!! Ahhh bisto...] :thumbsup:

Continually rehashing the SAME issues over and over again is a different issue, and that's what a lot of people do have issues with. It gets old very fast seeing the same thing repeated ad nauseum.

If you look at it from the other direction you have people rehashing the same "positive" issues. There's no difference except from which point you're standing. My comment still stands in that it "seems" that it's ok here to reiterate from here to eternity about the good points, but that negative points (no matter how much or how little discussed) are not welcome.

I'll be the first to complain about something but I'm also not afraid to post praise. There are many others here who feel the same way. There are fantastic points about GRAW that are completely overshadowed by it's bad points. Ignoring those points, or those people who re verify them is the issue.

If GRAW was so hunky-dory you wouldn't see half of the complaints that people are posting. I've stated it before but if GRIN gave us GR1 with updated graphics and weapons you'd have 90% of the fanbase thrilled to death. Whether that's a good thing or not I can't answer. I know that right now GRAW doesn't feel like a sequel.

Edited by ruggbutt

Ignoring those points, or those people who re verify them is the issue.

I can't think of any points that are being ignored, infact they were complied and pinned until people complained there were too many pinned posts.

There is no need to "re verify" the issues, we all know what they are by now, and so do GRIN, and they are not being ignored.

I can't say much more other than to re-iterate that there is no embargo on negativity, so long as it is constructive. If people feel strongly about an issue they should find the relevant thread that already discusses the issue and add their wieght to the strength of feeling about it.

@Whisper_44 Totally agree.

I've barely come into this forum as to me it's just the same negative points repeated again and again. Or in most cases its "ThIs SuXoRs bcause ..... I sAy So nOOb".

There are issues with it, but no matter what GRIN/UBI gave us there would always be people who would say that it isn't any good.

I don't think any developer is going to take notice of people repeatedly haranging them over the same point again and again while they may or may not be trying to sort that self same problem out. I'm sure they are grateful of the comments that have been made but they must be feeling that it's like a trip in a car with kids "Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet etc etc.".

Specifically to CrazySerb.

but I do NOT want real life battle I WANT THE GAME.

But to be 100% clear I LIKE 100% reality of the GR series but we suppose to keep it in the borders of the game, not to ruin the game with small stupid things, and reduce playability of the game a lot.

So you don't want Reallifeâ„¢ but you want 100% reality of GR. This is probably where developers have trouble finding a balance. No matter what you get it'll probably never be what you want.

GR was ground breaking, and it was always going to be difficult, if not impossible to please people who were waiting for a sequel, but no one forced anyone to buy the game. Everyone had a decision to make, if you bought it and don't like it you can always sell it on.

Personally, I like it. No eBay for me :g_withgrin:

First to introduce myself. My name is Djordje Djokanovic in Ghost Recon known as CrAzYSeRb!. I am playing GR 3 years since now, and consider myself as a good player :-)... Anyway.

I tried almost every FPS or similar games and found almost all of them just copy of each other.

When I first played GR I saw the game I have never played before I liked it from the very beginning.

Ghost Recon is the game similar to the 'real world' no jumps for like 5m, not to be on the other side of the map for just like 2 secs and so on... Playability of the game is excellent, a lot of tactics and strategy involved, especially in Team battles.

And after all, I was waiting for the continuation of the GR series and finally GR AW is out.

First thing I did not like was the gun moving all the time when I was pointing in some direction, I know that probably some of you will say that it is in 'real life' but I do NOT want real life battle I WANT THE GAME. It is bad thigh to simulate things like that in the game this IS GAME and they should keep it in that way. In Ghost Recon IT, DS ... gun was just like it should be in the game. What I am suppose to do to pray that I will actually hit the target when my gun always go up and down, left and right! This suppose to be a strategy and tactic GAME not a bad simulation. But to be 100% clear I LIKE 100% reality of the GR series but we suppose to keep it in the borders of the game, not to ruin the game with small stupid things, and reduce playability of the game a lot.

Second look at these minimum system requirements

256DDR Video card

1024 RAM or more

3 GHz CPU or more

MINIMUM!

OK, not vote who you have this machine at home!?

I can bet less then 20%!

So I personally will uninstall GR AW and will continue to play GR IT, DS, HX5...

Those mentioned gives me a fun, strategy, tactics and real enjoyment playing it...

Cheers,

Djordje

As much as I understand your post, what I dont understand is your reasons.

It would be good and helpfull if you explained what you dont like.

Together with what you do like.

Colin

You can speak on the negative side of GRAW, it's a freeworld. but when it's the same subject, then that's when it's overdriven..

Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

Papa6 YOU NEED SOME AA [Anti-Aliasing] on that picture !!!!! ????

Not only AA, you may wanna play around your XML file, maybe perhaps turn off your post effect :whistle:

:rofl:

I wonder T_1, how many thought GR was suXor before it was patched? remember, GR had that graphic issue that made all the trees look like doo-doo? RSE/UBI sent out the 1.2 patch that fixed it?

How many people thought GR sucked? I think if you give it time, GRAW can grow on you. But I think, that GR faced the same scrutiny GRAW is now. I think it would be pretty far fetched to think and expect GRAW to be exactly like GR.

This is a new Game. New look, new feel, more realism

I guess to use a better analogy, it would be ludicrous for me to think the Army of today woudl/should be the same as the Army when I first joined in 1987. why should the GR series be the same?

I've stated it before but if GRIN gave us GR1 with updated graphics and weapons you'd have 90% of the fanbase thrilled to death.

:yes::thumbsup::D I'd even pay a $100 for something like that.

GR1 with updated graphics? Updated weapons? New, larger maps? In-game communications? Updates uniforms? and new engine with physics?

You sir, ask for the impossible. Next you'll want clear Coca cola....

Continually rehashing the SAME issues over and over again is a different issue, and that's what a lot of people do have issues with. It gets old very fast seeing the same thing repeated ad nauseum.

If you look at it from the other direction you have people rehashing the same "positive" issues. There's no difference except from which point you're standing. My comment still stands in that it "seems" that it's ok here to reiterate from here to eternity about the good points, but that negative points (no matter how much or how little discussed) are not welcome.

I'll be the first to complain about something but I'm also not afraid to post praise. There are many others here who feel the same way. There are fantastic points about GRAW that are completely overshadowed by it's bad points. Ignoring those points, or those people who re verify them is the issue.

If GRAW was so hunky-dory you wouldn't see half of the complaints that people are posting. I've stated it before but if GRIN gave us GR1 with updated graphics and weapons you'd have 90% of the fanbase thrilled to death. Whether that's a good thing or not I can't answer. I know that right now GRAW doesn't feel like a sequel.

I agree with ya Rugg. Unfortunately It doesnt seem like a sequel, it seems more like a counter for BF2. While Im enjoying the sp ( never tried the gr1 sp :( ) the MP doesnt have the gr feel. I patiently await w/e future patches that will make this game resemble gr1 in gameplay. At the same time on every forum ive seen fansite, official and ladder, there are complaints about graw. Ive stopped going to a bunch of places altogether due to the negativity.

I've stated it before but if GRIN gave us GR1 with updated graphics and weapons you'd have 90% of the fanbase thrilled to death.

:yes::thumbsup::D I'd even pay a $100 for something like that.

GR1 with updated graphics? Updated weapons? New, larger maps? In-game communications? Updates uniforms? and new engine with physics?

You sir, ask for the impossible. Next you'll want clear Coca cola....

Do we know for sure that RSE didn't have something like that planned for us with GR2? Would be nice to know what we missed out on. :unsure: Or would it? :wall:

I wonder T_1, how many thought GR was suXor before it was patched? remember, GR had that graphic issue that made all the trees look like doo-doo? RSE/UBI sent out the 1.2 patch that fixed it?

How many people thought GR sucked? I think if you give it time, GRAW can grow on you. But I think, that GR faced the same scrutiny GRAW is now. I think it would be pretty far fetched to think and expect GRAW to be exactly like GR.

This is a new Game. New look, new feel, more realism

I guess to use a better analogy, it would be ludicrous for me to think the Army of today woudl/should be the same as the Army when I first joined in 1987. why should the GR series be the same?

I can't speak for GRAW as my rig isn't capable of playing but I never thought GR1 "sucked", for that matter I know of no-one that felt that way. Yes it had flaws that were fixed with the patches but the key thing was, that it was playable from the start.

Even though I can't play GRAW I get cheesed off reading the constant flames in these threads but I do appreciate the genuine comments & criticisms as I believe they will help GRIN to fix what needs fixing.

For me ( and this is my view only) the thing that most makes me think GRAW is a long way from right is this:

3 of my Clan m8's travelled to Sweden and took part in the testing. We never got to hear anything until after release so we had no pre-conceptions but guess what..... they're not rushing to play MP, one guy hasn't even taken his copy out of the cellophane!!

That's enough for me to step aside and let GRAW pass me by... for now. :(

Edited by FatmanDaz

GRAW could rawk. We'll have to wait and see about the upcoming m/p patch as well as see what GRIN "fixes" in relation to what the community has stated they'd like to see fixed.

If they manage to cover these two areas sufficiently I think that GRAW will be a contender to have long legs like GR did. Time will tell...........

The fact that there are so many negative replies and posts shuold shout volumes about this game.

Ulitmately, it's not what was expected by the hard-core GR fans. It is more of a console port with little respect for the original game and it's fantastic game-play, both SP and MP.

UBI have shown with this release that they have little regard for the PC Gamers out here, I suspect that this was released only to soothe the sores of the scorned GR players after the failure of GR2. The game is at the best mediocre, there are many games that do what GRIN have done but better - First To Fight and Full Spectrum Warrior are two examples.

I didn't expect GR 1 with trimmings, I'd have been mighty disappointed if that had been the case, but there is NOTHING in this game that resembles the game we all love and some key factors have been left out - not least the switching between characters, that spoils the whole game for me - just that one thing.

I do remember the flaws of GR1 and I remember how good it was despite those flaws - I played the game from the intial release of the demo and still play it now. I will keep beating this GRAW like the dead horse that Papa 6 shows. It needs working on big style, but as I said in a previous post, I suspect that it is now coded and won't change much.

As for not putting negative posts of GR.net - if the day comes when I'm fobidden from putting my thoughts about a game on here then thats the day I leave, and I have been a member here for many years - from the old site. We all have opinions about the game - and Whisper, don't moan when others voice theirs, answer and give your opinions instead.

Rich

Whisper, don't moan when others voice theirs, answer and give your opinions instead.
@Lawman

My opinion is that this is a good game, it's fun to play, and I am enjoying playing it, I also stated that, I wasn't knocking negative posts, I was knocking new threads that scream "this game sucks" when there are more than a few that could have been added to. Post something NEW, good or bad, but I'm tired of reading the same ######.

I think I voiced all of this in my second post, though I'm not quite as verbose as most.

Sorry Rocky, he said my name I had to post just one more :g_withgrin:

The fact that there are so many negative replies and posts shuold shout volumes about this game.

Ulitmately, it's not what was expected by the hard-core GR fans. It is more of a console port with little respect for the original game and it's fantastic game-play, both SP and MP.

UBI have shown with this release that they have little regard for the PC Gamers out here, I suspect that this was released only to soothe the sores of the scorned GR players after the failure of GR2. The game is at the best mediocre, there are many games that do what GRIN have done but better - First To Fight and Full Spectrum Warrior are two examples.

I didn't expect GR 1 with trimmings, I'd have been mighty disappointed if that had been the case, but there is NOTHING in this game that resembles the game we all love and some key factors have been left out - not least the switching between characters, that spoils the whole game for me - just that one thing.

I do remember the flaws of GR1 and I remember how good it was despite those flaws - I played the game from the intial release of the demo and still play it now. I will keep beating this GRAW like the dead horse that Papa 6 shows. It needs working on big style, but as I said in a previous post, I suspect that it is now coded and won't change much.

As for not putting negative posts of GR.net - if the day comes when I'm fobidden from putting my thoughts about a game on here then thats the day I leave, and I have been a member here for many years - from the old site. We all have opinions about the game - and Whisper, don't moan when others voice theirs, answer and give your opinions instead.

Rich

It's almost impossible to imagine that you've actually played the GRAW singleplayer campaign if you consider the game inferior to FULL SPECTRUM WARRIOR and CLOSE COMBAT - FIRST TO FIGHT. I've played all three of these games and you're so far off-base with this that I don't know where to begin. So while I would never condemn you for negative posting, the quality of your judgement appears to condemn itself. Why do we need switching between characters? I don't. And the way the SP game is coded is just fine for me, and for many others who are too busy playing it to be defending it here to whiners. So, as I say, negative posting is not the issue; loopy judgement is. Why? Because when the guys from GRIN read posts like yours, they can only conclude that, with criticism of this caliber, why bother changing anything? There's nothing they can do to please people like you and that's why it's important that the people who like the game speak up and that the people who don't manage to put their criticism in constructive terms, not "It is more of a console port with little respect for the original game and it's fantastic game-play, both SP and MP", a statement so riddled with obvious bias and innacuracy that it's all too easy to dismiss.

Edited by Bahger

Rich

It's almost impossible to imagine that you've actually played the GRAW singleplayer campaign if you consider the game inferior to FULL SPECTRUM WARRIOR and CLOSE COMBAT - FIRST TO FIGHT. I've played all three of these games and you're so far off-base with this that I don't know where to begin. So while I would never condemn you for negative posting, the quality of your judgement appears to condemn itself. Why do we need switching between characters? I don't. And the way the SP game is coded is just fine for me, and for many others who are too busy playing it to be defending it here to whiners. So, as I say, negative posting is not the issue; loopy judgement is. Why? Because when the guys from GRIN read posts like yours, they can only conclude that, with criticism of this caliber, why bother changing anything? There's nothing they can do to please people like you and that's why it's important that the people who like the game speak up and that the people who don't manage to put their criticism in constructive terms, not "It is more of a console port with little respect for the original game and it's fantastic game-play, both SP and MP", a statement so riddled with obvious bias and innacuracy that it's all too easy to dismiss.

I take it that you are a firm believer in everything that UBI tell you. As for my judgement - how dare you crictise me. You don't know me or anything about me. Your opinions on First To Fight and FSW are you own as is mine. I don't think that either of these games are brilliant and thats my point, GRAW is of the same ilk and they actually do the job better! But thats my opinion.

Oh, they can do things to please 'People like me' - I take it by that comment you mean a descerning gamer that knows what they like and what they don't, a gamer that actually thinks before they type crap about others.

I find the post you have put up to be extremely offensive. I stand by my post - the game DOES bear no resemblance to the stunning game-play of GR1 in eaither SP or MP. I speak from long experience of that game both SP and MP, I used to be the team leader of the Euro Arm of the =SeALZ= which won the thrid prize in the first Stealth Recon tourney.

My opinions are mine and not for you to slag off in a most inappropriate and juvenile manner. I would ask you to grow up, act your age and post something that is not offensive for once :rant:

Rich

Rich

I take it that you are a firm believer in everything that UBI tell you. As for my judgement - how dare you crictise me. You don't know me or anything about me. Your opinions on First To Fight and FSW are you own as is mine. I don't think that either of these games are brilliant and thats my point, GRAW is of the same ilk and they actually do the job better! But thats my opinion.

Oh, they can do things to please 'People like me' - I take it by that comment you mean a descerning gamer that knows what they like and what they don't, a gamer that actually thinks before they type crap about others.

I find the post you have put up to be extremely offensive. I stand by my post - the game DOES bear no resemblance to the stunning game-play of GR1 in eaither SP or MP. I speak from long experience of that game both SP and MP, I used to be the team leader of the Euro Arm of the =SeALZ= which won the thrid prize in the first Stealth Recon tourney.

My opinions are mine and not for you to slag off in a most inappropriate and juvenile manner. I would ask you to grow up, act your age and post something that is not offensive for once :rant:

Rich

I repeat: Have you played GRAW sp? Have you played all of it? Any of it? Just the demo? Be honest.

And I'm sorry to have offended you but..."console port"??? When everybody knows that they are two separate games? Statements like that just provide ammunition for those that disagree with you. Sorry but there it is.

No need to get your knickers in a twist.

Rich

Rich

I repeat: Have you played GRAW sp? Have you played all of it? Any of it? Just the demo? Be honest.

And I'm sorry to have offended you but..."console port"??? When everybody knows that they are two separate games? Statements like that just provide ammunition for those that disagree with you. Sorry but there it is.

Yep, I have the full game and have gone through the SP on ALL levels. As for Console port, the Save feature is typical of a console port - saving at a point rather than giving a quick save.

As for knickers in a twist - I would beg you to look at your initial reply to me. You seem to have a knack for getting all wound up and offending people with ill concieved and badly thought out posts - mine was only a reply to your 'knicker twisting'.

This is the last I have to say on the matter and will discuss it no more.

Rich

Rich

Rich

Yep, I have the full game and have gone through the SP on ALL levels. As for Console port, the Save feature is typical of a console port - saving at a point rather than giving a quick save.

As for knickers in a twist - I would beg you to look at your initial reply to me. You seem to have a knack for getting all wound up and offending people with ill concieved and badly thought out posts - mine was only a reply to your 'knicker twisting'.

This is the last I have to say on the matter and will discuss it no more.

Rich

Clueless.

The savepoint feature was a gameplay decision on Grin's part -- whether you like it or not -- not a port from the console version. "Port" means a direct transfer of game content from one platform to another. GRAW's console version contains no game content to be found in the PC version except character names and storyline.

Offending people? Whom have I offended?

Badly thought out? That's a criticism from someone claiming GRAW PC to be a console port?

Clueless.

Edited by Bahger

Clueless.

The savepoint feature was a gameplay decision on Grin's part -- whether you like it or not -- not a port from the console version. "Port" means a direct transfer of game content from one platform to another. GRAW's console version contains no game content to be found in the PC version except character names and storyline.

Offending people? Whom have I offended?

Badly thought out? That's a criticism from someone claiming GRAW PC to be a console port?

Clueless.

How about me for a start - OK - now stop replying like a baby and try to think of something that is not offensive. If you don't like the fact that I really don't like this version of GR then tuff, it's my opinion and I'm perfectly entitled to it - OK, I conceed that a PORT is perhaps not the best term, perhaps a more apt term would be Console Based Game.

I have no intention of even reading this post again so if you have a reply to put on send it by PM. :wall: .

Rich