GRAW 360 Single Player Demo

Brettzies

My heart stopped when I saw this over at voodoo extreme on their front page:

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter Demo Now Available

April 20, 2006 - Many thanks to Major Nelson who has let the world know that a Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter demo is now available to download via the Xbox 360 Marketplace.

Then I noticed it was for the 360. I thought they got a demo last month? Why is this news worthy now?

Sorry, I'm not trying to start another demo thread. I just had a rush of excitement until I saw it was not the demo we've been waiting for. Almost felt like a cruel joke.

Rush stop...think...Link

Ve3d Main Page Link

They could have at least put 360 in Big Bold like the rest of the title. <_<

Edited by Brettzies

My heart stopped when I saw this over at voodoo extreme on their front page:

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter Demo Now Available

April 20, 2006 - Many thanks to Major Nelson who has let the world know that a Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter demo is now available to download via the Xbox 360 Marketplace.

Then I noticed it was for the 360.  I thought they got a demo last month?  Why is this news worthy now?

Sorry, I'm not trying to start another demo thread.  I just had a rush of excitement until I saw it was not the demo we've been waiting for.  Almost felt like a cruel joke.

Rush stop...think...Link

Ve3d Main Page Link

They could have at least put 360 in Big Bold like the rest of the title.  <_<

How 'bout we flood them until their servers crash? :g_guns:

Thread moved to the 360 section.

LOL. Well now it makes no sense at all. If you want to change the title to SP 360 Demo released, it might. But then my words won't. Might be better to just nuke it all together or put it in some general discussion category. Either one is fine with me. It seems inappropriate here as well, I was not trying to bemoan the 360 demo. Just relate my heart stoppage as I thought the day had finally come.

If this is a worthy announcement for the x360, then it deserves a more worthy title, not "This is just mean ; )"

Can anyone confirm this?

Yep. ;)

Thanks Dannik - I merged the 2 threads

how come 360= 2 demos and us over on the PC side of the fence have none???...whatever.

There's a good reason for this - GRAW 360 was completed back in Feb, so they had time to churn out 2 demos (so it took 1+ months to get a SP demo)

GRAW PC was likely just finished 1-2 weeks ago - and it looks like we'll get a demo next week.

GRAW 360 MP and SP were done by 2 different teams, so that's why you can't play the SP missions in co-op/adversarial, thus the need to release TWO demos - get it?

GRIN did both SP and MP, so you should only expect one demo level for GRAW PC that is playable in both SP/MP.

Thread moved to the 360 section.

LOL. Well now it makes no sense at all. If you want to change the title to SP 360 Demo released, it might. But then my words won't. Might be better to just nuke it all together or put it in some general discussion category. Either one is fine with me. It seems inappropriate here as well, I was not trying to bemoan the 360 demo. Just relate my heart stoppage as I thought the day had finally come.

If this is a worthy announcement for the x360, then it deserves a more worthy title, not "This is just mean ; )"

Why? To many, many people the 360 version is GRAW personified. It would be no different if you were asked to start placing PC in front of everything that you mentioned pertaining to GRAW. And remember, the 360 version was the lead platform.

Why? To many, many people the 360 version is GRAW personified. It would be no different if you were asked to start placing PC in front of everything that you mentioned pertaining to GRAW. And remember, the 360 version was the lead platform.

Well first, the game is already available to buy for 360. While there may be people wanting to try the 360 version, people wanting to get a "taste" of the PC version are simply frothing at the mouth for anything, especially a demo. Not to mention the speculation that a demo would be coming out soon. As I'm sure you are aware, people have been starving for some fresh GR on their PC for quite some time now.

There is a demo already out for the 360. It may not be SP, but there still is a demo for people to try. I simply wasn't aware it was only MP. So I thought to myself, "why would they even be posting this." Just turns out to be bad conincidental timing I suppose.

I originally posted it in the PC section of this site as more commentary and letdown, not really news(I didn't even know it was news, as stated above). That is why there are two sections right? And I do usually differentiate between the two when it is unclear which one I'm speaking about.

Finally, I would never post my original statements in the 360 forum. Especially not the title of the thread, which at least has been changed. It's hard enough to interrprut tone from writing. While I don't have a problem with the thread getting moved or deleted, in this case, it just doesn't feel like the statements fit. It's similar to when the media takes your statements and edits them together so they are now taken out of context. I realize that may not be the moderator's intention, but it is not my intention to post this here either.