My trip to England/Scotland

ZJJ

I just booked myself a flight to England for mid June. I'm not going for much tourist stuff. My main goal is to meet the fine (and maybe the not so fine :P ) folks that live there who frequent gr.net.

What I need to know from you is who wants to try to get together for a beer or conversation or whatever. I'll need to make itinerary plans for the trip around England and Scotland, so let me know as soon as possible, if you want to meet, where you live and if you are willing to travel a little bit (maybe an hour) to a potential group gathering.

I'll be in the country June 16 - July 1, but hope to make a small detour to Sweden if things there can be arranged. :yes:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweden?! For heaven sakes why?! If it's beer you want, come to Finland. We've got nothing but beer and drunks. Besides, I live not too far from the coast. And I've got a free room in my apartment. *nudge nudge, wink wink*

You're gonna be there for the better part of the World Cup!!!  WOOTTT!!!

Yeah, that is why my ticket is so dang expensive! :angry:

Hmm, I should still be on this little island then, so if you're up Liverpool way give me a shout.

As of right now I'll be based in Hertsfordshire area. The current rough plan is to travel up the east side of England and in to Scotland. Then travel west across Scotland and come down the west side. Covering the south part of England will also be done.

Harelip, I would love to come meet your dog. :wub: You pay for my ticket to Finland and I'll be there. :D

@Minerva, the "district" of the county I'm in is the Mendip district, under Mendip District Council.... And there's only five towns (well four and one city (one is classed as city 'cause it has a cathedral yet the actual town is smaller than the one I live it) under Mendip District Council, so I'll let you work out which one I'm in. Bath & West Showground is not very far from my house, that's a clue.

Ooh-Arr!

Edited by WytchDokta

Belgian girls are too damn hot, and I've seen that with my own eyes (with help from my friends over in Belgium). Also, alot of Belgians are ravers (hence most music artists coming out of Belgium write techno music), so you'll fit in fine! :devil:

Edited by WytchDokta

Belgiuan girls are  too damn hot, and I've seen that with my own eyes (with help from my friends over in Belgium). Also, alot of Belgians are ravers (hence most music artists coming out of Belgium write techno music), so you'll fit in fine!  :devil:

writes glow sticks on check lists .. :devil:

as said before, sweden? what in the world would you go there for?

(hmmm, saw a week or two ago, that geneolagist(sp?) had found that the bush comes from sweden.... figures.....)

even finland would be a better place *s* :P

If you're afther cheep boose, DON*T come to norway, but if you're afther a wonderfull nature experience, come visit our fjords

With the lack of response I'm getting from those in England and Scotland, I may as well change my plans and think about trips to Norway, Finland, Sweden and Belgium.... to name a few.

One reason I would go to Sweden is that it is part of my heritage. My grandmother's family is Swedish. I wonder if I am related to anyone that works at GRIN. :hmm: